Debunking Scalar Waves?

Martian

Einstein... :ROFLMAO:

Sound is a scalar wave.

Nope. Sound is a longitudinal wave. At least that is what it was taught to me in school. This is an example of how we all become stupid. The schools aren't teaching the same information across the board. Then no one agrees.

But go back to the beginning. Please give me a scientific definition of what a scalar wave is. And quote your source.
Sound is a longitudinal wave (though in solids, it can be transverse). It's also a pressure wave. Pressure is a scalar quantity, because it has no direction associated with it. I just think you're unwilling to accept mainstream science to the point where you'll disbelieve anything.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Einstein... :ROFLMAO:

Sound is a scalar wave.

Nope. Sound is a longitudinal wave. At least that is what it was taught to me in school. This is an example of how we all become stupid. The schools aren't teaching the same information across the board. Then no one agrees.

But go back to the beginning. Please give me a scientific definition of what a scalar wave is. And quote your source.
Sound is a longitudinal wave (though in solids, it can be transverse). It's also a pressure wave. Pressure is a scalar quantity, because it has no direction associated with it. I just think you're unwilling to accept mainstream science to the point where you'll disbelieve anything.

I would agree that pressure by itself could be a scalar quantity. Since that is only a magnitude without any preferred direction. But a sound wave radiates away from the source. It now has direction. And since sound acts like repetitive pulses of pressure, you now have a magnitude that is changing in magnitude with direction. That appears to be categorized now as a vector quantity. Since the instant you add direction to a magnitude, by definition it becomes a vector quantity.

In all honesty, in our universe, scalar quantities can only exist in the minds of men. Everything appears to have some direction associated with it. The addition of the flow of time makes every quantity a vector. All magnitudes have a time direction.

Martian

I would agree that pressure by itself could be a scalar quantity. Since that is only a magnitude without any preferred direction. But a sound wave radiates away from the source. It now has direction. And since sound acts like repetitive pulses of pressure, you now have a magnitude that is changing in magnitude with direction. That appears to be categorized now as a vector quantity. Since the instant you add direction to a magnitude, by definition it becomes a vector quantity.

In all honesty, in our universe, scalar quantities can only exist in the minds of men. Everything appears to have some direction associated with it. The addition of the flow of time makes every quantity a vector. All magnitudes have a time direction.
If you take a snapshot of a sound wave at an instant in time, it has no associated direction. It's a scalar field. Even so, we can calculate the derivative of this scalar field in a given direction or with respect to time and get a nonzero value.

It's not really the kind of thing I find worth arguing over. I did plenty of homework over the years, and I'm tired of it. :p

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
So now you're cheating to make your scalar. Freezing time? Like you're ever going to do that...

You can do a lot of stuff with math that has no resemblance to anything at all in the real universe.

I remember having an argument with a guy over on the physics boards about mass. As the argument progressed I tried to show that all mass is, is a dimensionless quantity that started out as gravitational weight. All scalar quantities are dimensionless by definition. But the guy pulled out the mass dimension out of his rabbit hat (a scalar with dimension). At which point I left the argument.

I did notice you didn't provide a link to any reputable definition for scalar wave. I don't think one exists. Except in the land of woo.

TimeFlipper

Its great to see a good conversation on this topic of scalar waves..
When i made my first comments about this i was explaining what was out there to experiment with, because i will have a go at anything to make, provided it costs me no more than £20 :p..To re-iterate how the unknown author described the so called scalar wave was this...When you place in very close proxity to each other, 2 magnets with both their north or south poles facing each other you get a repulsive force, in which between that repulsive force, there should lay a collapsed magnetic field area..ergo no magnetic field at all, in which you can place an electric and acoustic field within it (sic)...And that electro-acoustic wave can be produced to maybe radiate out somehow..

Again i repeat if anyone should try to make one of these, then please take great care in using two low gauss magnets and dont leave it on for very long...My present project is constructing the Flux Capacitor which was shown on Paranormalis, but i have had to make an addition to it which i will give information about on Paranormalis next week after more tests..I know Num7 has been waiting for me to complete this project :cool::D....Personally i would love to see more members on Paranormalis making up some simple projects on which we could all take part in,and leaving out all the theoretical stuff...Lets get down to some "nuts n bolts" work :)

P.S. If anybody would like me to post the circuit diagram for the Delta Time Generator, please let me know...Or anything else i can help with..
Kind Regards
John :)

TimeFlipper

Particle physicists were supposed to have found, back in 2011 that "neutrinos" had broken the speed of light barrier (186000miles per second)..However nothing became of this because other physicists claimed the equipment they were using was not sophisticated enough to measure that velocity and if it had, then lots of what we know about physics would have to be re-written!!

Perhaps we need to think outside the box as Paranormalis tells us, and look into other ways of time-travel without the need to approach or break the speed of light (luminal velocity)..

Kind Regards
John

TimeFlipper

"Scalar waves," eh?

A scalar wave is an ordinary wave (a wave with magnitude but no oscillation directional component other than the direction of travel of the wave itself), such as a water wave or a sound wave. This is as opposed to a vector wave which does have a vector component for the "waving," such as the directional vectors associated with electromagnetic waves which can oscillate in every direction and have other vectors associated with them as well - such as the fact that electric and magnetic components of an EM wave are always perpendicular to each other.

Hardly anything to build a technology on.

Scalar waves, however, at least have a scientific foundation to rest on. "Orgone energy" is simply bullsheet.

Harte

I frequently look for some credible source on a definition for scalar wave. In fact just yesterday was my last search. So I've been under the impression that the term is used to describe some phenomena that is not recognized or detectable by our current science. But what is being described varies widely. So there appears to be no clear consensus on what a scalar wave is. The term wasn't taught to me when I was taught physics. If you have some credible or reputable source on what a scalar wave is, I would be very interested in seeing it.
Simply put..A scalar wave can be any wave, except a hertzian wave which is our normal radio waves that we can all hear.. sic i know:D