Debunking Scalar Waves?

Harte

"Scalar waves," eh?

A scalar wave is an ordinary wave (a wave with magnitude but no oscillation directional component other than the direction of travel of the wave itself), such as a water wave or a sound wave. This is as opposed to a vector wave which does have a vector component for the "waving," such as the directional vectors associated with electromagnetic waves which can oscillate in every direction and have other vectors associated with them as well - such as the fact that electric and magnetic components of an EM wave are always perpendicular to each other.

Hardly anything to build a technology on.

Scalar waves, however, at least have a scientific foundation to rest on. "Orgone energy" is simply bullsheet.

Harte

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
"Scalar waves," eh?

A scalar wave is an ordinary wave (a wave with magnitude but no oscillation directional component other than the direction of travel of the wave itself), such as a water wave or a sound wave. This is as opposed to a vector wave which does have a vector component for the "waving," such as the directional vectors associated with electromagnetic waves which can oscillate in every direction and have other vectors associated with them as well - such as the fact that electric and magnetic components of an EM wave are always perpendicular to each other.

Hardly anything to build a technology on.

Scalar waves, however, at least have a scientific foundation to rest on. "Orgone energy" is simply bullsheet.

Harte

I frequently look for some credible source on a definition for scalar wave. In fact just yesterday was my last search. So I've been under the impression that the term is used to describe some phenomena that is not recognized or detectable by our current science. But what is being described varies widely. So there appears to be no clear consensus on what a scalar wave is. The term wasn't taught to me when I was taught physics. If you have some credible or reputable source on what a scalar wave is, I would be very interested in seeing it.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I made a thread out of your 2 comments in the RM time travel device thread. I labeled it as a "Debunking" discussion, just let me know if you believe the "Debate" label would be a better fit.

I'm not sure the role of scalar waves in time travel has ever been questioned before.

Martian

To verify or refute it, we need a way to measure it and equations to describe it. Too many people talking about this idea don't have these things.

TimeFlipper

Martian, in a very elegant way said that a scalar wave is very different to a radio wave :D

About 10 years ago i saw a very simple circuit on the internet for a scalar wave transmitter...It consisted of 2 magnets stuck together with the north poles facing each other..There were 45 turns of copper wire wrapped around it and a small electric motor attached to it..
The author said that due to the collapsed magnetic field within the 2 magnets plus the waves from the electric motor, that this arrangement produced an electro-acoustic wave or better known as a scalar wave!!

Needless to say that "yours truly" bought 2 of the most powerful magnets available on ebay and enlisted 2 engineers at work to help me put the 2 magnets together, 3 times one of the magnets broke loose and ended up about 20 feet away stuck onto their tool cases :eek:..
Eventually we completed the task and encased the device in a box...One of the sceptical engineers had great fun placing a large ball bearing on top of the box, watching the erratic movement of the ball bearing! ::LOL::..There is a safety issue involved here using very powerful magnets, and both north poles facing each other, so be very careful if you should try to make one of these....i suggest using NOT very powerful magnets...A second warning is that prolonged use can give you bad headaches and nausea!!

I was asked by several members of staff, what am i trying to achieve?, and that was when i trawled the internet looking for a way to receive these so called scalar waves :cautious::D
Kind Regards
John

Harte

Martian, in a very elegant way said that a scalar wave is very different to a radio wave :D

About 10 years ago i saw a very simple circuit on the internet for a scalar wave transmitter...It consisted of 2 magnets stuck together with the north poles facing each other..There were 45 turns of copper wire wrapped around it and a small electric motor attached to it..
The author said that due to the collapsed magnetic field within the 2 magnets plus the waves from the electric motor, that this arrangement produced an electro-acoustic wave or better known as a scalar wave!!

Needless to say that "yours truly" bought 2 of the most powerful magnets available on ebay and enlisted 2 engineers at work to help me put the 2 magnets together, 3 times one of the magnets broke loose and ended up about 20 feet away stuck onto their tool cases :eek:..
Eventually we completed the task and encased the device in a box...One of the sceptical engineers had great fun placing a large ball bearing on top of the box, watching the erratic movement of the ball bearing! ::LOL::..There is a safety issue involved here using very powerful magnets, and both north poles facing each other, so be very careful if you should try to make one of these....i suggest using NOT very powerful magnets...A second warning is that prolonged use can give you bad headaches and nausea!!

I was asked by several members of staff, what am i trying to achieve?, and that was when i trawled the internet looking for a way to receive these so called scalar waves :cautious::D
Kind Regards
John
I very much doubt one can achieve a scalar wave in that fashion.

It could be that a device like that can be made to create EM waves in such a way that they cancel each other out in all orientations except one, thus "creating" something that one could (erroneously) interpret as the effect of a scalar wave. But the EM wave would still be carrying directional information other than it's directional path - it's line of travel, making it actually a vector wave - and the accompanying multi-directional oscillations would still be there - just counteracting each other.

I should point out that this arrangement can be much more easily done through polarization, which results in EM waves that only oscillate in one direction (still a vector wave, though.)

Of course, if one merely changes the meaning of "scalar" to whatever one wishes, why then one can create "scalar" waves all day out of whatever tickles one's fancy.

That last bit is what all the hubbub on the internet about "scalar" waves concerns.

Harte

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
In physics, a quantity described as "scalar" only contains information about its magnitude. In contrast, a "vector" quantity contains information both about its magnitude and about its direction.

A wave is a vector quantity. So a scalar wave is impossible because it is illogical. I came up with an analogy that shows just how silly the concept of a scalar wave is.

"Picture if you can, a naked person, walking down the street, with clothes on."

Can you see how illogical this is? Sure, you can write it down on paper. But the concept does not and can not ever exist.

The same goes with mathematics. The math can be written down. But that doesn't make it real.

So I see the term "Scalar Wave" as a disinformation tactic to discredit or belittle something that could be a real phenomena.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Einstein... :ROFLMAO:

Sound is a scalar wave.

Nope. Sound is a longitudinal wave. At least that is what it was taught to me in school. This is an example of how we all become stupid. The schools aren't teaching the same information across the board. Then no one agrees.

But go back to the beginning. Please give me a scientific definition of what a scalar wave is. And quote your source.