Scientists speed up the speed of light?

Kairos

Tachyon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A tachyon (/ˈtækiɒn/) or tachyonic particle is a hypothetical particle that always travels faster than light.

Wikipedia..

You are confusing the constant speed of light with light traveling in a medium.

Treversal

Wikipedia..

You are confusing the constant speed of light with light traveling in a medium.
I do not see C in that Wiki definition. And my entire point was and is, on several possible answers to TT, that we may not need a "BOOM", a spaceship that whips across the universe at FTL speeds requiring the entire M of the universe or to travel to a Black Hole and visit its event horizon to "travel in time". Maybe we can go int the other direction and use a "WHISPER" to TT.

If we created a "universe" (a medium) and in that universe created a "Time Telephone" OF THOSE "FTL" electrons w/a receiver in that "Universe" MIGHT it work?

Kairos

You are still confusing the reduced speed of light traveling through a medium with it's absolute speed in a vacuum. The speed of light as a constant exists because of the zero mass of a particle of light.

There exists no evidence that tachyons exist and, if such evidence were found, it would call into question the theory of relativity.

Treversal

You are still confusing the reduced speed of light traveling through a medium with it's absolute speed in a vacuum. The speed of light as a constant exists because of the zero mass of a particle of light.

There exists no evidence that tachyons exist and, if such evidence were found, it would call into question the theory of relativity.
I know all of that - but in the same way that a spaceship riding a space-time wave can travel FTL without breaking the Universal Speed Limit there may be ways to "travel FTL" without actually break the USL. It's like countless inventions, forever people tried to make rubber more durable but they always failed, until one day I man was cooking and dropped some on his hot stove. Of course they always kept rubber from heat while trying to make it more usable. He was hungry and just left it there until after lunch. Later he scraped it off and was surprised it was flexible, then he put it outside in the cold expecting it to freeze but later he brought it back inside and it was still flexible. Exactly what they all knew would not work - rubber and heat - was the answer. And you can never be sure until you test/experiment. Was Tesla lying when he said he saw the past, present and future after being zapped? Was he just disoriented? Was he correct? That event was just an accident. So people would say IF it is true you need 3.4 million volts! Which is what Tesla used. But I spoke to someone that swore he got zapped with 120v right in the mouth and relived the last several minutes of his life. There's only one way to know for sure. And we as a species know nothing yet, we just detected gravity waves out there and are ony beginning to scratch the surface of the human microbiome and the duality of consciousness. And if you have ever read about twins where one usually becomes dominant and the other submissive which caused schools all over the world to separate them at an early age into different classes it makes sense as natural. Alien Hand Syndrome may be something we all "suffer from", all both of us. Yeah, every theory needs to be tested because all of the greatest achievements were laughed at.

Kairos

I know all of that - but in the same way that a spaceship riding a space-time wave can travel FTL without breaking the Universal Speed Limit there may be ways to "travel FTL" without actually break the USL. It's like countless inventions, forever people tried to make rubber more durable but they always failed, until one day I man was cooking and dropped some on his hot stove. Of course they always kept rubber from heat while trying to make it more usable. He was hungry and just left it there until after lunch. Later he scraped it off and was surprised it was flexible, then he put it outside in the cold expecting it to freeze but later he brought it back inside and it was still flexible. Exactly what they all knew would not work - rubber and heat - was the answer. And you can never be sure until you test/experiment. Was Tesla lying when he said he saw the past, present and future after being zapped? Was he just disoriented? Was he correct? That event was just an accident. So people would say IF it is true you need 3.4 million volts! Which is what Tesla used. But I spoke to someone that swore he got zapped with 120v right in the mouth and relived the last several minutes of his life. There's only one way to know for sure. And we as a species know nothing yet, we just detected gravity waves out there and are ony beginning to scratch the surface of the human microbiome and the duality of consciousness. And if you have ever read about twins where one usually becomes dominant and the other submissive which caused schools all over the world to separate them at an early age into different classes it makes sense as natural. Alien Hand Syndrome may be something we all "suffer from", all both of us. Yeah, every theory needs to be tested because all of the greatest achievements were laughed at.

Are we talking Star Trek fan fiction here or what?

I am talking about the actual state of science. Also, "space-time waves"? "duality of consciousness"?

Personally, I think there probably exist ways to travel between two points instantly, but that's way out there. Skipping relativistic effects isn't necessarily a good thing either. There are reasons you'd want to avail yourself of relativistic effects.

Treversal

Are we talking Star Trek fan fiction here or what?

I am talking about the actual state of science. Also, "space-time waves"? "duality of consciousness"?

Personally, I think there probably exist ways to travel between two points instantly, but that's way out there. Skipping relativistic effects isn't necessarily a good thing either. There are reasons you'd want to avail yourself of relativistic effects.
Star Trek FTL Travel may be possible: WIKI: The Alcubierre drive or Alcubierre warp drive (or Alcubierre metric, referring to metric tensor) is a speculative idea based on a solution of Einstein's field equations in general relativity as proposed by Mexican theoretical physicist Miguel Alcubierre, by which a spacecraft could achieve apparent faster-than-light travel if a configurable energy-density field lower than that of vacuum (that is, negative mass) could be created.

Kairos

Well, as soon as MASA gets on building a working warp drive, I will take this fan fiction more seriously.

giphy.gif

Treversal

Well, as soon as MASA gets on building a working warp drive, I will take this fan fiction more seriously.

giphy.gif
Here we go back to the geniuses and most educated in their fields having ideas that laypeople think is crazy.

Quote:
And Alcubierre’s original solution required a lot of exotic matter. But optimizations by Harold G. (“Sonny”) White and his team at Eagleworks Labs at NASA have greatly lessened the amount of exotic matter required. Come to that, if Conformal Gravity is right (this is an extension of General Relativity with good quantization properties) it doesn’t require exotic matter.`

Okay, what is cG (*CN) / Conformal Gravity?

Treversal

Your "geniuses" are not doing real science. Theoretical physics in America no longer does actual science.
I have two friends with PhDs in science, one at MIT, and I can just ask the whos and whats of fantastic articles with incredible claims. And the answer usually comes back, "Ah, that's not true, he lives across the hall from me". It seems that the scientific world is really a very small world and most everyone knows everyone else.