Searching the web for time travelers

Num7

Administrator
Staff
This PDF document is 11 pages long. It's safe to download and open.

Himalayan Hermit

What does it talk about can you talk in a nutshell before I download it?
Thanks!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Here's a part of the first page:
Searching the Internet for evidence of time travelers
Robert J Nemiroff 1, 2 and Teresa Wilson1

1 Department of Physics, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI
Email: [email protected]

Abstract. Time travel has captured the public imagination for much of the past century,
but little has been done to actually search for time travelers. Here, three implementations
of Internet searches for time travelers are described, all seeking a prescient mention of
information not previously available. The first search covered prescient content placed on
the Internet, highlighted by a comprehensive search for specific terms in tweets on
Twitter. The second search examined prescient inquiries submitted to a search engine,
highlighted by a comprehensive search for specific search terms submitted to a popular
astronomy web site. The third search involved a request for a direct Internet
communication, either by email or tweet, pre-dating to the time of the inquiry. Given
practical verifiability concerns, only time travelers from the future were investigated. No
time travelers were discovered. Although these negative results do not disprove time
travel, given the great reach of the Internet, this search is perhaps the most
comprehensive to date.

Contents

1. Introduction
2. Types of Time Travelers
3. Searching for Prescient Content on the Internet
4. Searching for Prescient Search Queries
5. Requests for Time Travelers to Issue a Prescient Internet Communication
6. Summary and Conclusions
Acknowledgments
References

It describes types of time travelers and techniques used to possibly find one on the Internet. Among other things, it talks about "Searching for Prescient Search Queries". Such a thing as a prescient search query happens when you search for something that didn't happen yet. For example, searching for "michael jackson death june 25 2009" a few weeks before it happened.

I'll read it as soon as I have some time on my hands, I think you'll like it.

Orpheus Rex

A google search skims only the surface of the internet, maybe less than 1%. If a better engine could be designed for scouring the dark net, you might get different and better results.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I never thought of that. What if time travelers visiting the Internet are actually active on a website inside the "Dark Internet"? A site that would be there for time travelers only. What are the odds?

Orpheus Rex

That would be cool. It would be almost impossible to find it if you didn't know where it was. I wasn't think that organized though, there could be random postings on backwater forums and documents kept in classified servers.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
When I have some time on my hands, I'm going to take a look at a few forums inside the Dark Internet to see if there are some time travel related info out there. I'll be surprised if I don't find anything.

Eddy_P

What about before the internet was invented ?

Australian researcher Ronald Pegg searched ancient texts and found many encounters with time travellers documented therein...

"Modern Objects Detailed in Ancient Texts - Evidence has been FOUND !

Many Time Travel Encounters have been identified where

- an ancient text reports an encounter
- a named historical person has been visited
- a messenger from the future is documented
- future technology (modern Objects) are reported and depicted
- the contents of several future objects (now known to us) are described
- cited historical and astronomical events (now known to us) provide a dating scheme"

Introduction: Australian TIME TRAVEL Study Group. Evidence of Time Travel - Back to the Past FOUND. Adelaide Workshop Shows the Proof | The Pegg Project®

See Video on second page of this site