Secret Messages of Time Travlers

lev

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon+Dec 16 2004, 12:49 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-StarLord@Dec 15 2004, 11:01 PM
Life is sad enough,? but when you realize that there are more than one of You out of Beer at that moment,? it's almost too much to take.

If I met myself in another time, I would kick my ass.
[snapback]18115[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
::.. Don't you mean you "would whup your own ass" ?? :: So Original ;) ..::

StarLord

As we constantly fight ourselves anyway in our day to day meanderings, would this actually be a 4 way fight? Which gestalt would be the true winner?

Either way, My bets on you.

You'll have to give us time to round up a peck of Rat's Behinds as this could easily be the bruhaha of the century. Make damn sure Don King never hears about this. Not only will you have to put up with his hair style, but all the Rat parts may mysteriously become his cut.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by lev+Dec 16 2004, 03:55 PM--><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Dec 16 2004, 12:49 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-StarLord
@Dec 15 2004, 11:01 PM
Life is sad enough,? but when you realize that there are more than one of You out of Beer at that moment,? it's almost too much to take.

If I met myself in another time, I would kick my ass.
[snapback]18115[/snapback]​
::.. Don't you mean you "would whup your own ass" ?? :: So Original ;) ..::
[snapback]18149[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

If it wasn't a snappy, original comment, I'll retract it.

Lenora

Originally posted by StarLord@Dec 15 2004, 07:01 PM
Life is sad enough, but when you realize that there are more than one of You out of Beer at that moment, it's almost too much to take.

ROFL... now that I can understand !!!!!

If I could go back in time I most probably would "kick my ass" or "whop my behind" for a few things done. But then if its done its done, and that was obviously the time reality I had chosen at that point in my life.

I believe as said in a previously post that if If your desire is strong enough, your will can manifest and shape destiny to become whatever you so desire, As a young child/adult I was thought so by my family, it has not failed me yet.

Lenora

GVT12

Originally posted by Lenora+Dec 16 2004, 06:57 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-StarLord@Dec 15 2004, 07:01 PM

ROFL... now that I can understand !!!!!

If I could go back in time I most probably would "kick my ass" or "whop my behind" for a few things done. But then if its done its done, and that was obviously the time reality I had chosen at that point in my life.

I believe as said in a previously post that if If your desire is strong enough, your will can manifest and shape destiny to become whatever you so desire, As a young child/adult I was thought so by my family, it has not failed me yet.

Lenora
[snapback]18201[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

... you would never get there in something that looked like a Z-800 temporal displacement unit! I'll bet it said "Hasbro" or "Mattel" on it somewhere (LoL)

If I ever met one of my other selves, I would check this one in somewhere LoL~
but first I would conduct an experiement to have some more mental tourture with, I would disclose any & all knowledge between us to see what fits & what don't then move on. Hey if you already knew what horse to bet on, Why the hell not?

Eutychus

My guess would be that any time traveller would be reluctant to reveal anything regarding themselves or the future for fear of screwing up future versions of either. At least the ethical ones would behave thusly. The rogue "time travel for fun and profit" crew is another thing entirely.

GVT12

Originally posted by Eutychus@Dec 25 2004, 03:22 PM
My guess would be that any time traveller would be reluctant to reveal anything regarding themselves or the future for fear of screwing up future versions of either. At least the ethical ones would behave thusly. The rogue \"time travel for fun and profit\" crew is another thing entirely.

Well, I would!
as I said before, the exchange of "Information" that would benefit either, or both parties involved would constitute a good enough reason to reveal certain things as long as there was good reason to believe that no harm would be done. aside from that, I see nothing wrong with betting on a few sure bets that you could bank on! but then again who's to say wether that would be unethical, it's all to do with perception, personal choices, and intent. (and there's more right, than wrong with having the intent to win at anything) Unethical to know you're going to win at anything and going through with it depends on the circumstances, and methods, which should be reserved to the personal choices one makes, as to what you consider right, or wrong. IMHO using Time-Travel of any kind to win in vegas as far as I'm concerned would be no more "unethical" than to simply make a wager to propose a bet , or gamble on anything for that matter.

Some say card counters are unethical, and they were barred from Vegas, I don't see a cheet system there, they do it in their heads so they are the equivalent of a computer brain of sorts, nothing is written, it's all done in their heads without manipulating a slight of hand, or other forms of deciet, therfore I do not agree with those who believe that to be an unethical form of gambling no more so than the others who claim to have an unfair advantage. Since when does "The House" Ever have an unfair advantage? I think not, and the same goes for TT, that would be related to someone with precognitive abilities to see the outcome of events beforehand to bet on a winning wager. again since "The House" always has the upper hand, there must be some exceptions to level the playing field for others to win the upper hand, as long as it could be done without creating major havoc, or detrimental circumstances from the chain of events that follow, and wh's to say either way what would come of such a practice? albeit many others, (myself included) believe TT "is" possible, it's not been proven, therfore there is no real record to account for to say such a practice would be unethical, or create serious clandestine ramifications, and until someone can prove, or disprove it, either way it all remains speculatory.

phase12

I had a strange thing happen to me back in '96 when I was living in NYC, which is about the time all of my interest in TT was sparked.

I had a man on crutches single me out in the subway trying to get upstairs, but had trouble making it through the turnstial.

It was a comment he made. "1996... interesting year to be alive."

Which freaks me out to this very day, because on a personal level, 1996 seems to be linked to everything has come to be in my life thus far. I'll elaborate on that fully later.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by phase12@Dec 26 2004, 09:38 PM
I had a strange thing happen to me back in '96 when I was living in NYC, which is about the time all of my interest in TT was sparked.

I had a man on crutches single me out in the subway trying to get upstairs, but had trouble making it through the turnstial.

It was a comment he made. \"1996... interesting year to be alive.\"

Which freaks me out to this very day, because on a personal level, 1996 seems to be linked to everything has come to be in my life thus far. I'll elaborate on that fully later.

This is the kind of encounter epitomized in 12 Monkeys-- and probably its inspiration. In fact, the scene in which the traveler is stalled by a crone or soothsayer is classical, and probably goes back to the most primitive kind of stories we told one another. My favorite version is the disturbing geezer in Coleridge's poem-- with the albacore around his neck.

I know, I know. I just like the idea of it being an albacore instead of an albatross. It could also be an abalone.

The story seems related to the one about many of us having "entertained angels unaware," which is found in both Ovid and the Bible. One of the lessons might be that there are walking among us some who are not from our time or place-- heaven or hell, past or future.

By the way, has anyone noted the future year in which Bruce Willis/James Cole lives? Talk about your Miracle Year, or resonating date.

My view of the possible presence of supernatural travelers among us centers on a formula which contains a "miracle premise," or presumption of an unproveable step. The premise is that time travel is possible; it is only unproveable because the technology hasn't been invented yet.

In my opinion, it will be put to use if invented; it will not lie idle. If used, there will be travelers. That the travelers are not more obvious or numerous must mean that they conceal themselves and are legally restricted in number, or that it is possible to only view the past and not actually "go there" physically.

If, as seems likely, the past is accessible to the future but "travel" to it is not possible, it seems also likely that some sort of "communication" between eras is possible. Simple information is quite as powerful as one's physical presence-- as we should all know from being active on the internet.

Or the information may only flow in one direction, such that we can be told certain things but cannot tell back with any immediacy. This actually conforms with what we know of history and the human experience, with its ensemble of prophets claiming to have inside information on fate and the constant pattern in human behavior of radical reform and quantum progress, which possibly reflects access to special data.

But what do I know.

phase12

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Dec 27 2004, 11:34 AM

This is the kind of encounter epitomized in 12 Monkeys-- and probably its inspiration.

That would make one wonder why an "encounter" like this would happen to multiple people, let alone inspire a movie, which BTW was partially a tribute to Vertigo which I went to see in a re-mastered theatrical version just weeks prior to the incident.

Nah, I wasn't claiming this guy was a time traveller. I more or less at the time figured his pain meds were doing his talking. Still, for someone like me, it was hardly something that would go unnoticed. ;)