Secrets of the most deadly book on Earth: the Necronomicon

NightTerrors

I tried to tell them... But they wouldn't listen to me. Damn them...DAMN THEIR EYES! They didn't believe me...strange creatures...the world in peril from unseen foes.

TimeFlipper

I must confess that i enjoyed the last minute of the video clip more than the other 6.5 minutes, the guy going around pillow fighting with members of the public :LOL:..

From what i recall of that book the necronomican (The Book Of The Dead), the pages were made from human skin and the ink was human blood...but then again we have many legends circulating the world...I do like the guy Bill Madon, who presents the commentaries on that video channel (y) :D..

Harte

The "secret" is its nonexistence.
Lovecraft was often asked about the veracity of the Necronomicon, and always answered that it was completely his invention. In a letter to Willis Conover, Lovecraft elaborated upon his typical answer:

Now about the "terrible and forbidden books” — I am forced to say that most of them are purely imaginary. There never was any Abdul Alhazred or Necronomicon, for I invented these names myself. Robert Bloch devised the idea of Ludvig Prinn and his De Vermis Mysteriis, while the Book of Eibon is an invention of Clark Ashton Smith's. Robert E. Howard is responsible for Friedrich von Junzt and his Unaussprechlichen Kulten.... As for seriously-written books on dark, occult, and supernatural themes — in all truth they don’t amount to much. That is why it’s more fun to invent mythical works like the Necronomicon and Book of Eibon.[4]
Wiki

Harte