Segmented vs. real time communications

lamdo263

In the movie Screamers, the story starts out after the opening scenes, of the military heiarchy based on a remote planet, to where the top military commander with instructions appears after this door is opened. Both soldiers stand at attention till the content of the message is delivered, then the high ranking general that they have been listening to, disappears as a fadeout, because he was never actually real.

What is brought forwards here, is the contradiction of terms, as held in the question, Because a statement is somewhat aged, is there somehow a bridge with respects to space and time, to where that representation as recorded on media, still has relevance because it is aged"?

This is the double location, minus time paradox and does pose serious questions for the future of Earth based humankind, if and when we do move out into space. As a mathematical problem this is represented expressed, a C, for content, as factor over time & space, then slash margined again, as the value factored as R, or the receiver. C > / T&D / = or to R

The big if on this question and I will carefully put this so as not to offend, is say this communication via the same device had been an intra-martial relations letter form a wife to a husband, but this message was delivered over one hundred light years in length, so the husband enjoys the erotic affection of the wife sent to him.

Here is the conundrum, he experiences the social contact of lust,love, however somehow she knows or realizes in time that the holographic letter has been read. They both experience satisfaction along with knowing each other was a participant, but the question looms, "How is this possible"?

I'll throw out a mackerel for the reading audience and this might be, that the universe itself in conversive? I don't know and please allow your collective logics to have fun with this parable based in how the universe might work.

On this movie, I can't say enough about it, even though it is dated. The storyline deals with many problems based in social technology that we all face today and I can't recommend it highly enough. Terrific storyline, great simulated to area movie set, good acting plus action. Screamers might be one of the movies that you desire to get under your movie belt, on that sci fi list of movies? Thank you

Screamers (1995) - IMDb