Shaman´s Portal

TEC

Time Enforcement Commission
Credits to: Dr. Mark Thatcher

From the time of the earliest Spanish voyages to the New World, the soils of Texas and Oklahoma have inspired a continuous flow of legends and searches for deposits of gold, silver, and mysteries. Francisco Vasquez de Coronado was among the very first of this long line of fortune seekers in the midwest. Coronado was born in Salamanca, Spain in 1510. At the age of twenty-five, he sailed to the New World and settled in Mexico City. There, he married, started a family, and was appointed in 1538 as governor of the province of Nueva Galicia.

In response to reports of riches at the fabled Seven Cities of Cibola, Coronado led an expedition into what is now the southwestern United States and northern Texas. The expedition totaling nearly one thousand men left Mexico in 1540. After months of searching, however, the expedition found no trace of treasure. Most of the party returned to Mexico the following year, but Coronado and a smaller force continued the search. They finally returned to Mexico City, with their saddlebags still empty, in the spring of 1542. Although Coronado lost considerable credibility during the expedition, he regained his post as city councilman on his return to Mexico City and remained in that position until his death on September 22, 1554.

Postscript:
Although Coronado's expedition failed to produce gold, it marked the beginning of an endless stream of tales of lost mines and buried treasure in Texas as well as the continuing enigma in the strip of land known as "no man's land" (An affectionate term given it by the Indian natives who knew it, later this term was adopted by the white settlers for other reasons). These legends, some documented and others passed down only by word of mouth, inspired countless searches into the sun-baked expanses of Central and West Texas. And it did produce one other legend, which stands alone in its own right, The Shamen's Portal, otherwise known as the Beaver Sands Portal. The Shamen's Portal is a place of mystery, nestled somewhere in the sand dunes of Beaver State Park, just outside of the town of Beaver Oklahoma. It is a little-known enigma, a gate in the unknown if you will. Coronado and his men were the first white men to experience what the natives of the area had known for thousands of years. It is a place that demands respect of its power. Coronado lost three of his soldiers in a blinding flash of green light. He was careful to avoid the area on the way back to Mexico. A friar who went with Coronado's soldiers kept a journal of the experience. " It was the work of El Diablo" he penned, " That night by the sandy hills we had been warned by the natives to avoid, lost we three able-bodied men of valor: Juan Viscaino, Marco Romano, and Juan Munoz. They had been hunting game for the men when the three fated soldiers were taken from us in a lightning bolt of green" (translation by Albert Gettis. -The Journal Discourses of Fray Juan De Padilla,1543) Hernando Bermejo did record the incident as well but was later ordered by Coronado himself to strike it from the notes. This was to be the beginning of the largest coverup in centuries. In fact, it took centuries for the truth to come out. it was not until 1993 that any real investigation began, although people continued to disappear until 1987, and these disappearances were always highlighted by the same green light. This Shamen's meditation ground, was it the real reason the Oklahoma panhandle was first called by its natives' no man's land?

Rather than fade with time, the legends seemed to grow with each new wave of immigrants to the new land. Cowboys on the old trail, settlers in the land rush, By the early nineteenth century, no less notable Texan than Jim Bowie tried his luck at tracking down some of these reported happenings.

(Richard E. Bohlander (editor): World Explorers and Discoverers. (Macmillan Publishing Company, New York et al., 1992, The Journey of Coronado)

Some of us in the Paranormal community take this story seriously. I myself have researched this vicinity for about three years since the first reports I received from an Oklahoma University archaeologist (name withheld by request). in Feb. of 1995. The geologist I hired to go on my first Expedition to "no man's land" in Beaver County found samplings of ionized soil cores ( an implausible find) and electromagnetic interference that was off the scale!. In fact, I found many similarities to phenomena encountered in both the Bermuda Triangle. And the Roswell crash. And the same type of cover-up by both local and federal officials. We were, in fact, warned away by some gentlemen in black suits and very official Government credentials. Imagine suits in the middle of some sand dunes! The threats to our careers were more than implied if we were to return. Were these the fabled "men in black? I do not know. Because of what I did find ( not all can I discuss here as yet), it Leads me to believe that this is in fact not a portal, but rather a CRASHSIGHT! A DOWNED SPACE VEHICLE BURIED UNDER THE SAND WITH ITS STAR DRIVE STILL ENGAGED! This would explain many things, The ionized soil cores, the Time/Space warping ability of the Portal, the green light, and the disappearances, To prove my hypothesis I must go back Does anyone wants to come with me? ... sincerely, Dr. Mark Thatcher

Last edited by a moderator:

jiangnanah

According to the material in the article, the legendary "Salmon Gate" or "Beaver Sand Gate" is located somewhere in the sand dunes of Beaver State Park outside Beaver, Oklahoma.
The enigmatic site is described as a little-known place, linked to the mystery experienced by the Coronado expedition in 1543, when they lost three soldiers and were taken away by a green lightning bolt.
Therefore, the legendary location of the portal is in Beaver State Park in Oklahoma.
You can take a trip. Verify that it is true.

Himalayan Hermit

Whoa that's an old post. I didn't even know this site is 20 yrs old @Num7 - unless it's imported from another domain?
Does anyone have any feedback on this? I see that TEC was last seen about 20 yrs ago, so this is quite an old story!!