Short story on Nikola Tesla.

TimeFlipper

Examples of "scalar waves:"
- waves seen on the surface of water
- sound waves

How special.

Harte

Putting it simply, Scalar Waves are any types of waves that are non Hertzian Waves and you quoted two, how fascinating :D..
Tesla followed on James Clerk Maxwell`s research into Longitudinal Waves (Scalar-Waves) after Heinrich Hertz had dismissed Maxwell`s research as, "not following the general principles of physics"!!

Tesla noted that certain Scalar Waves are created "within the vicinity of any Electro-Magnetic wave antenna" and he used two transmitters, the first one to create the electron pressure wave (ElectroAcoustic Wave, which is the name also given to waves within water, which can be longitudinal or transverse waves), and the second transmitter that absorbed the EA wave and retransmitted it in a compressed form (a beam)...Not to be confused with the Particle Ray Death Beam..

However Hartey, you have the Paranormalis right to your own opinions on any subject (y)..

How nice.

Harte

It's not my opinion. It's the definition of scalar waves.

A scalar wave is any wave that doesn't require vector mathematics to resolve.
EM waves are not scalar.

However, there is a way of looking at the vacuum that would allow or EM waves to produce scalar longitudinal waves. You can read about it here, if you're wonky enough: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1005.3130.pdf

Note the "plasma" of the vacuum is virtual, not real.

Harte

TimeFlipper

Blimey Hartey you really do get angry when its the shorter semester period dont you, ive noticed this behaviour about you from previous years, you must be missing your school pupils :D..
Of course EM waves are not Scalar waves, they are transverse waves...Scalar waves are longitudinal waves, which i said in my previous posting (y)..

Your opinion on Scalar waves is that they dont exist, and its your right to have that opinion...
You know what Hartey, i can see you as the prime detractor, back in the times when the "wonky" concept of seeing people from many many miles away are being placed onto a small screen for everyone to see in the comfort of their own homes ;):D..

Last edited:

Harte

I'm not angry.
Also, not only do scalar waves exist, i gave 2 examples of them, so where are you getting that?
There are transverse scalar waves - water waves are transverse and scalar.

Harte

TimeFlipper

I'm not angry.
Also, not only do scalar waves exist, i gave 2 examples of them, so where are you getting that?
There are transverse scalar waves - water waves are transverse and scalar.

Harte

Yep you are right Hartey...I should have said you dont believe in the type of wonky Scalar waves that Tesla and Maxwell were talking about, however you still have the right to your opinion that the only longitudinal waves which exist, are not Tesla or Maxwells type (y)..

Harte

Again, you're making up something and calling it my opinion.
Every year I do a 4-week unit on waves in my Physics class.
You think I believe that water waves are longitudinal? Right after I stated they are transverse?
You need to come to my class.

I was a math major. I guess I know the difference between scalars and vectors.

Harte

TimeFlipper

Again, you're making up something and calling it my opinion.
Every year I do a 4-week unit on waves in my Physics class.
You think I believe that water waves are longitudinal? Right after I stated they are transverse?
You need to come to my class.

I was a math major. I guess I know the difference between scalars and vectors.

Harte

You are just wanting to create an argument, i suggest that you look at my previous posting again where i made no mention of water-waves, i merely said that your "opinion of longitudinal waves are not those of the type that Tesla and Maxwell were talking about"..

Chill out and read properly what it is that i write, it must be the anger returning that blinds your concentration....You can have the last word" if you need it, iam not continuing this silly argument that you have created for the purpose of making yourself look good!!..end of..