Should the 2020 Presidential Debates Be Canceled to Save Face for America?

Common Sense Conspiracy

Conspiracy Blog
Both major political parties in the United States are running unbelievably flawed candidates for president in the upcoming election in so many ways that we can’t even probably find the time to name them all here. Both candidates are accused of sexual assault not once but double-digit times. Both candidates may be senile and frequently have trouble stringing simple sentences together. Both have horrible tempers and are known to bust out with expletive-laden shout responses to questions even by ordinary citizens.

Oh yeah. One got impeached for asking a foreign nation to investigate the unbelievably shady thing the other one did. Neither is disqualified for this or any of the reasons listed above.

Now, the debates have become sort of a flashpoint for the candidates, divided, typically, by political party affiliation. Trump claims he is ready to debate Biden anytime, although he has already requested to move the debates up one time without success. Biden claims he is ready to go despite almost everyone in the country assuming that he will bow out of it at some point. Even Nancy Pelosi is suggesting he shouldn’t try it under the guise that it legitimizes Trump’s behavior. The real reason is she’s worried he is going to make a horse’s you-know-what (one of Biden’s phrases if you ask him something he doesn’t like) of himself, and she is likely quite right about that. Biden couldn’t do all that well with his gaffes ten or fifteen years ago. There is no reason to think that he’s going to pull it all together for this occasion.

Then you have Trump, who was frequently mocked for having trouble walking down a ramp and being unable to drink a glass of water without using two hands like a baby just handed a bottle. Throw on top of that even when mentally there, Trump’s speeches are all over the place and frequently lash out in random directions with little regard for who might be offended. Now, here lately he seems like he is having a little trouble in the senility department as well. At the Republican National Convention, he was mostly reading what was supposed to be a typical flamboyant Donald Trump speech in a reserved monotone from a teleprompter. Maybe he did this to because his staff wanted him to stay “on message” but Trump usually is the type to veer right off the tracks straight out of the gate when it comes to public speaking.

So, maybe it’s time for the United States to stop worrying about which one benefits from a debate setting and ask itself does America itself benefit from this? Is there anyone in America that doesn’t already know these platforms? We know Joe Biden. We know Donald Trump. We know what they are about. No one is learning anything from a debate. What will happen is America will be dramatically embarrassed on the world stage, and both candidates may very well say something extremely offensive to the rest of the world. Or they might give away a national secret live on television that puts the armed forces in danger out there somewhere.

Try to tell me no way that happens with a straight face. You know very well it could happen.

The debates might be quality entertainment, but they serve little purpose outside of that. Maybe both candidates should realize that they are only going to harm to America if they, you know, get on television and try to talk like civil people do.

Don’t say we didn’t tell you so.

Source: Common Sense Conspiracy

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Einstein & @walt willis - I must say, I absolutely agree with you guys! Although we do allow people of all political beliefs to voice their opinions, facts are of the utmost importance.

And I wish I were joking about this, but not too long ago I was permanently banned from another site under the pretense that I was posting hate speech/propaganda in a discussion; when all I was doing was to say that it was more proper to refer to Barack Obama as "black" instead of "African-American", and that there's also a possibility he's not a US citizen.

The point I'm trying to make is that the kind of action inflicted upon me by that moderator would be utterly unacceptable in a situation like mine here on Paranormalis. We allow freedom of political expression, and we don't issue permanent bans except in cases of spam, death threats, troll-only accounts, and repeat offenders who deliberately ignore the rules and the moderators and cause drama.

walt willis

I was called into the Deans office in college a week after everyone took the judgement exam.
He told me to keep the information private.
He said only two people passed the exam and the others failed miserably.
He was concerned for my welfare because I got a 98% and the highest score ever.
He also told me that my life would be hell dealing with relatively stupid people like family, friends and coworkers.
I should have taken him seriously.

Now the lesson may be for people to not put too much faith in others?
Look for long winded animated people that tend to stammer and have darting eyes as they communicate.
Avoid them at all cost! 9583

OakFieldAlienz444

Trump couldn't run down a ramp?
BS. Fake News.
He didn't just run down a ramp he ran clear across the globe and was filmed
by the ISS and NASA.

He also beat both Super Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog in a race:

Did I mention Trump looked VERY handsome?

Witch Hunt

Maybe both candidates should realize that they are only going to harm to America if they, you know, get on television and try to talk like civil people do.
Source: Common Sense Conspiracy

Civil? If you were the President and the DNC orchestrated a coup against you using a known fake dossier from a retired spy with money troubles...while having the FBI use its machinations to lie to Federal judges to keep the investigation going...and getting the Media to promote a hoax as fact...would you be civil?

If you were the President and the DNC and House democrats changed the procedures of the House Judiciary Committee specifically to change the nature of "testimony"...conspired to impeach you over charges that couldn't be proven...would you be civil?

In two straight elections, the DNC conspired to cheat the best possible candidate out of the nomination and give to a candidate that is falling apart...either mentally or physically.

Just how civil should one be to their enemies?