Debate Should we change events if we have the abilty to time travel?

rossnr

Well allow me to break a few mirrors.

Here is why things cannot work the way we are told. Yes to be sure a actual rocks is more intelligent then me so as you continue remember this bit.

I don't think time is distributed to alternate realities, i don't think there is a multiverse. Why? Well because of gravity. See we kind of accept that the multiverse is possible but i started to question the logic math and science behind it when seriously intelligent people couldn't explain to me how each multiverse can be perfectly isolated and connected at the same time.

Yes i understand phasing BUT gravity is gravity and gravity doesn't like to be messed with. See if we have more then one sun existing in different times, places and space and yet they are suppose to occupying the identical space at the same time. Things get strange because if each of us generate a new alternate then there has to be Billions upon billion upon billions of suns. Now call me stupid but that is a lot of gravity and energy and sunscreen.

Point is all those version must have "some" effect on us and it has to increase intensity at some point. Yet last time i checked there is nothing. Not one 1 quantifiable anomaly. So how is it that we cannot detect literally Billions upon Billions of gravitational energy and the like?

Isn't that strange? Just a tiny little bit?

I think time is linear and i think the time line resembles a vector. I think the observable "Universe" supports it and i think quantum mechanics in general hasn't really showed us anything to suggest that there are Billions of versions of earth hanging around in perfect little isolated bubbles. YES there are anomalies but they are hard to track and very hard to experiment with.

But I honestly and truly don't think there is a multiverse, multi time lines and that every single thought and action can create a new world and accompanying timeline. I say this because eventually things simply has to interact or otherwise by definition they cannot exist. Meaning IF my thought creates a NEW time line and NEW world than my thought HAD a effect that is so powerful that it created a brand new star system literally. Do you have any idea how much energy that will take? It is simply not possible because we would have been able to detect something by now.

As for going back in time. Again you are talking about resetting every atom of everything into a previous state of existence. Well basically consider you take egg incinerate it then take the ash and some supper glue to hopefully turn it back into an egg again. You are going to be busy... Now imagine doing that with ALL the mass that ever existed.

So that brings me back to the conclusion that we are trapped within the "immediate past" meaning we can never enter into the NOW or the Future. But we cannot move past the immediate past because the energy requirement is simply beyond what is possible.

This realization broke my heart. It actually caused me intense sadness. i have so hoped to FIX or prevent that ONE event from happening.

However i do have hope that consciously we might still be able to "connect" with our past and alter it in a meaningful way. Why is this possible?

Well simply put i existed all those years ago and i still exist in the immediate past. So because my consciousness is aware of that, there might be a chance to connect to our past without having to reset every single atom. This however assume that our past still exist and is still conscious.

If consciousness exist between the "then" and the "immediate past" then YES we can try and connect using a very real scientifically proven way. BUT if it is not then i don't think time travel is possible.
Something like this. Are you saying you might believe in some thing like this? Entering your past self subconsciously or going back previously.

dimension-1hacker

Well allow me to break a few mirrors.

Here is why things cannot work the way we are told. Yes to be sure a actual rocks is more intelligent then me so as you continue remember this bit.

I don't think time is distributed to alternate realities, i don't think there is a multiverse. Why? Well because of gravity. See we kind of accept that the multiverse is possible but i started to question the logic math and science behind it when seriously intelligent people couldn't explain to me how each multiverse can be perfectly isolated and connected at the same time.

Yes i understand phasing BUT gravity is gravity and gravity doesn't like to be messed with. See if we have more then one sun existing in different times, places and space and yet they are suppose to occupying the identical space at the same time. Things get strange because if each of us generate a new alternate then there has to be Billions upon billion upon billions of suns. Now call me stupid but that is a lot of gravity and energy and sunscreen.

Point is all those version must have "some" effect on us and it has to increase intensity at some point. Yet last time i checked there is nothing. Not one 1 quantifiable anomaly. So how is it that we cannot detect literally Billions upon Billions of gravitational energy and the like?

Isn't that strange? Just a tiny little bit?

I think time is linear and i think the time line resembles a vector. I think the observable "Universe" supports it and i think quantum mechanics in general hasn't really showed us anything to suggest that there are Billions of versions of earth hanging around in perfect little isolated bubbles. YES there are anomalies but they are hard to track and very hard to experiment with.

But I honestly and truly don't think there is a multiverse, multi time lines and that every single thought and action can create a new world and accompanying timeline. I say this because eventually things simply has to interact or otherwise by definition they cannot exist. Meaning IF my thought creates a NEW time line and NEW world than my thought HAD a effect that is so powerful that it created a brand new star system literally. Do you have any idea how much energy that will take? It is simply not possible because we would have been able to detect something by now.

As for going back in time. Again you are talking about resetting every atom of everything into a previous state of existence. Well basically consider you take egg incinerate it then take the ash and some supper glue to hopefully turn it back into an egg again. You are going to be busy... Now imagine doing that with ALL the mass that ever existed.

So that brings me back to the conclusion that we are trapped within the "immediate past" meaning we can never enter into the NOW or the Future. But we cannot move past the immediate past because the energy requirement is simply beyond what is possible.

This realization broke my heart. It actually caused me intense sadness. i have so hoped to FIX or prevent that ONE event from happening.

However i do have hope that consciously we might still be able to "connect" with our past and alter it in a meaningful way. Why is this possible?

Well simply put i existed all those years ago and i still exist in the immediate past. So because my consciousness is aware of that, there might be a chance to connect to our past without having to reset every single atom. This however assume that our past still exist and is still conscious.

If consciousness exist between the "then" and the "immediate past" then YES we can try and connect using a very real scientifically proven way. BUT if it is not then i don't think time travel is possible.
There are infinite everything, but a finite amount of reasons describing how to describe existence. 1 and 0. What is one but not a one? The question able to solve all answers is what is thought? Thought is a series of interactions that does not consist of innanimate objects, neurons. Some thoughts once easy because hard but hopefully easy again.

Dimensions make up matter because without dimensions nothing could have dimensions. What causes dimensions to have dimensions is itself because nothing can cause what is necessary to exist to exist. I know that because I can percieve what I can percieve and based off know what a perception consists of because I percieved. Therefore knowing how to know how to know what a perception consists of. In other words I am the cause and the effect therefor I know the cause of the cause and effect because matter is the cause and the effect caused by the cause. I know because I know because I thought that. Loop looping. Unerstanding because I don't understand I understand how to not understand.

Last edited:

label

Well lets push on a bit more and just hang on this one is going to be bumpy.

Why is there a 1. The 1 actually doesn't exist. Everything that we are everything that was and everything that will be exist because of consciousness. Surly a lifeless planet is still a planet without life. There must be dimensions, structure and a series of natural laws governing it.

The short answer is if there is no observation it cannot exist. Something only has meaning because LIFE gave it meaning.

Example everything that is and was and will ever be is still here but there is nothing to observe. Meaning if all life was magically voided then nothing has meaning structure or dimension. Why? because our thought processes give it those attributes. Any construct only ever exist because we do or rather because a thought process exist.

This is especially important because it means "life" is a fundamental function and goes far beyond that of meaning and observation.

Time came into being because we created it. A rock does not care about time, a star does not care about time a sock does not care about time. We care about time, the movement of time the situations governing it and the rules controlling it. There isn't a actual rock that ever published a book on time-travel. But there are plenty of humans that did.

Now comes the hard part.

Does time travel exist naturally? Or did we as individuals introduced it? Is our past conscious? If so, in what way? Can we connect to it? If so what conditions need to exist for it to happen? All of the above needs thought processing because all of this can only exist in thought.

Therefore nothing can exist outside it.

Once we realize that it is us that make the world go round, the word life should really have a profound meaning. It really should be given the highest of priorities. Life should be given every opportunity to progress.

Simply stated the "act of being" or "being alive" is a supper-power or supper-ability.

Now what does all this mean for you and me and time travel.

It means if we consider our state of being as a natural catalyst for all things, then we are not the accident created by the big bang. No chances are that the big bang itself was caused by consciousness and that we are a variation of that consciousness.

And if all the above is true then we are not in search of time travel, we know it exist because our thought process suggested as much.

The physical restrictions will not allow for time travel. But i do believe consciousness can go back in time. That is why every single person on earth think of our past so much. We know we should be able to alter it, but we haven't figured it out yet. But the fact that we are thinking about it suggest that it should be very possible.

Sorry for repeating myself here but sadly as it stands now there is no smoking gun we can point to and say "yea if take a sock charge it with a million lighting bolts it will become a supper time conductor and then i can talk to myself in the past".

The "how" still needs to be figured out but the IF exist and i think that is the first positive step we can take.

dimension-1hacker

Well lets push on a bit more and just hang on this one is going to be bumpy.

Why is there a 1. The 1 actually doesn't exist. Everything that we are everything that was and everything that will be exist because of consciousness. Surly a lifeless planet is still a planet without life. There must be dimensions, structure and a series of natural laws governing it.

The short answer is if there is no observation it cannot exist. Something only has meaning because LIFE gave it meaning.

Example everything that is and was and will ever be is still here but there is nothing to observe. Meaning if all life was magically voided then nothing has meaning structure or dimension. Why? because our thought processes give it those attributes. Any construct only ever exist because we do or rather because a thought process exist.

This is especially important because it means "life" is a fundamental function and goes far beyond that of meaning and observation.

Time came into being because we created it. A rock does not care about time, a star does not care about time a sock does not care about time. We care about time, the movement of time the situations governing it and the rules controlling it. There isn't a actual rock that ever published a book on time-travel. But there are plenty of humans that did.

Now comes the hard part.

Does time travel exist naturally? Or did we as individuals introduced it? Is our past conscious? If so, in what way? Can we connect to it? If so what conditions need to exist for it to happen? All of the above needs thought processing because all of this can only exist in thought.

Therefore nothing can exist outside it.

Once we realize that it is us that make the world go round, the word life should really have a profound meaning. It really should be given the highest of priorities. Life should be given every opportunity to progress.

Simply stated the "act of being" or "being alive" is a supper-power or supper-ability.

Now what does all this mean for you and me and time travel.

It means if we consider our state of being as a natural catalyst for all things, then we are not the accident created by the big bang. No chances are that the big bang itself was caused by consciousness and that we are a variation of that consciousness.

And if all the above is true then we are not in search of time travel, we know it exist because our thought process suggested as much.

The physical restrictions will not allow for time travel. But i do believe consciousness can go back in time. That is why every single person on earth think of our past so much. We know we should be able to alter it, but we haven't figured it out yet. But the fact that we are thinking about it suggest that it should be very possible.

Sorry for repeating myself here but sadly as it stands now there is no smoking gun we can point to and say "yea if take a sock charge it with a million lighting bolts it will become a supper time conductor and then i can talk to myself in the past".

The "how" still needs to be figured out but the IF exist and i think that is the first positive step we can take.
You are saying consciousness is the blueprint for what can and cannot exist, and the cause for the effect dimensions. I am not in the correct mental state to think about anything complex at the moment. I am not at the point of understanding conceptually why observation causes the observed to exist, sorry. I soon will be, most important: deep breathing exersizes, myfacial stimulation, pressure point stimulation, hiit cardio, stretching yoga is needed. A year or two ago a accidently stumbled appon a method of boosting my intellegence level to the level of understanding of philosophy, how to understand, and concepts, and more, and computation of a supercomputer, to become conscious. Think flowers for Algernon, but without the surgery without no reversal method.

also, some of my subjective reasons for wanting to exist is to learn and understand concepts, explore space, and a goal is to patent the concepts I thought of, way to manufacturer nanobots and a type of spacecraft that can travel close to the speed of light that is powered by the sun or a nuclear reactor, and a battery that uses empty space to store electrons.

Without a reason to exist something cannot exist. Therefore without the reason having a reason and so on nothing has a cause. Anything can be a cause but reason or blue print is what causes a cause to be itself; a cause of cause.

Objects could be contained by a different substance or lines, forced to be different, up down left right ways for these objects move. No space in-between substances. These objects by definition are separate from the substance surrounds it. If everything is base and cannot be divided into an infinite amount of smaller parts, because every object cannot move itself, the substance surrounding the other substance has no distance to move to cause the surrounded substance to move. To move the third substance abstractly exists to insite the other two substances to never stop moving.

why is the objects visually needed to accurately describe it? The object was being described as needed to exist but not what it looks like. I need to describe what the object looks like because without doing that I only describe what it can do not the description of its process. visual is observing the cause and effect, and thinking about is storing the storing the observation? If thought is the stored observation what am I storing. The observation which is a thing, and a thing are two forces moving. what is a force but a movement and an object. what is an object? dimensions. what causes me to think that thought dimensions? itself? are thoughts the third force, the explination for the why, the blueprint? why, dimensions are self explanitory, and if thoughts are stored observations, what stores the observations, how can I recognize how I am stored? how can I recognize how to recognize?

Two causes to move. One cause to facilitate movement. Existing in a medium of existence.
A canvas being painted on.
12 on 3.

Is life the opposite of the construct? wouldn't consciousness be the one because it has properties or parts depending on the type?

I think I was describing what I think is required for existence abstractly, not the in abstract properties of it. I wonder if you are one of my future selves?

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

@label Hi...In your first paragraph you ask how can a Mulitiverse be isolated and connected at the same time?....Allow me to make an analogy..
A transistor is also known as a Semiconductor, which means it both conduct (connected to..) and insulate (isolated from...)
I hope i have been of some help to you :)..

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

You are saying consciousness is the blueprint for what can and cannot exist, and the cause for the effect dimensions. I am not in the correct mental state to think about anything complex at the moment but.

Without a reason to exist something cannot exist. Therefore without the reason having a reason and so on nothing has a cause. Anything can be a cause but reason or blue print is what causes a cause to be itself; a cause of cause.
Objects could be contained by a different substance or lines, forced to be different, up down left right ways for these objects move
Two causes to move. One cause to facilitate movement. Existing in a medium of existance.

Please dont think iam trying to be rude, but in my humble opinion, i believe much of what you have written is more in the realms of Philosophy, and not necessarily physics or science..

label

@label Hi...In your first paragraph you ask how can a Mulitiverse be isolated and connected at the same time?....Allow me to make an analogy..
A transistor is also known as a Semiconductor, which means it both conduct (connected to..) and insulate (isolated from...)
I hope i have been of some help to you :)..

Indeed you are right and as you know a semiconductor works on a small amount of heat for the transfer. i might be mistaken but i think that is how it works. That said in this situation we are talking about a gravitational pull that is infinitely increasing. Imagine 8 billion people each creating there own sun at a rate of 1 new universe per single thought. Eventually that type of energy should have "some" effect on us.

Now the human mind is incredible, it able to have a new thought every second. Now if the data is correct then humans can have up to 57600 thoughts excluding our sleeping cycle. that means we create 4.608e+14 <- "not sure about this part" new universes per day. That is a lot of mass and a lot of gravity and yet we cannot detect a single bit of it.

See it is at this point i realized that four hundred sixty trillion eight hundred billion new suns should be detectable because that is so much energy it is scary and remember it is per single day.

So in short i just don't think that is possible. Also remember if you go to the extreme version of this theory they will have you believe that we create a brand new galaxy not just a new earth. and four hundred sixty trillion eight hundred billion new galaxies per every 16 hours is a lot of matter that will need space...

Yes space is ever expanding but really???

At what point does this just become unsustainable.

Love this i really do thank you for making me think out of the box :)

Last edited:

dimension-1hacker

Indeed you are right and as you know a semiconductor works on a small amount of heat for the transfer. i might be mistaken but i think that is how it works. That said in this situation we are talking about a gravitational pull that is infinitely increasing. Imagine 8 billion people each creating there own sun at a rate of 1 new universe per single thought. Eventually that type of energy should have "some" effect on us.

Now the human mind is incredible, it able to have a new thought every second. Now if the data is correct then humans can have up to 57600 thoughts excluding our sleeping cycle. that means we create 4.608e+14 <- "not sure about this part" new universes per day. That is a lot of mass and a lot of gravity and yet we cannot detect a single bit of it.

See it is at this point i realized that four hundred sixty trillion eight hundred billion new suns should be detectable because that is so much energy it is scary and remember it is per single day.

So in short i just don't think that is possible. Also remember if you go to the extreme version of this theory they will have you believe that we create a brand new galaxy not just a new earth. and four hundred sixty trillion eight hundred billion new galaxies per every 16 hours is a lot of matter that will need space...

Yes space is ever expanding but really???

At what point does this just become unsustainable.

Love this i really do thank you for making me think out of the box :)

science is based off observation which can be inaccurate. Without understanding what causes your senses to observe the external world correctly not logically but impiracally, anything could be causing any image for you too see. Each image is as likely to be an accurate image of the external world as the last because without understand nothing makes any image more likely to be a false representation.