Should we respond to aliens

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
If us humans one day pick up a confirmed signal from intelligent life, that are like us, and don't know if there is other life, and the message isn't directed to us, rather anyone who may be able to listen, should we respond? Are we ready to make that step forward?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Kinda like the should we contact aliens question. The answer might well be no.

If aliens come in all kinds, Maybe there are malevolent ones who are hunting for planets, beings to enslave and resources. Not good for us.

On the other hand, how many centuries will the signal take to reach them? That kinda reminds you how alone we seem to be in our small spot of the universe. We’re gonna need better ways to communicate with them.

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
Kinda like the should we contact aliens question. The answer might well be no.

If aliens come in all kinds, Maybe there are malevolent ones who are hunting for planets, beings to enslave and resources. Not good for us.

On the other hand, how many centuries will the signal take to reach them? That kinda reminds you how alone we seem to be in our small spot of the universe. We’re gonna need better ways to communicate with them.
I personally think that if aliens did contact us, they wouldn't have malicious intentions. They honestly would have no need to. If there was a civilization in the universe that was capable of reaching the Earth and taking our resources and people, considering how intelligent they would have to be to do that. I think it would be safe to assume that starting a war with other lesser intelligent life forms for their resources when it would be 100 times easier to go somewhere else and mine materials on a planet with no life, or, at least intelligent, would be dumb. I also believe that if aliens did contact us, considering we decide to answer, after we send them back a message, try to find a way to communicate with them faster then light, and vice versa. It also brings up an interesting point, is it possible for a no mass object to go faster than light. Can humans artificially speed up light speed? I feel kind of split on this question, because if an object is traveling at light speed, it has no mass, but if it has no mass, couldn't it's theoretical speed be infinite? These are all questions that we should be trying to answer, not only when aliens contact us, but right now. The universe is a humongous place, and I don't think that the question is if we'll find another intelligent life form, its when.

Freak Show

They come here for mostly one reason. To check on our progress. Why, because we are them. How do you think we really got here. Do you really believe we just all of a sudden appeared out of no where. Do you believe it was just magic. Have you not seen ancient hieroglyphics, pictures of ships within them. They came here, colonized and left. But since then we have gone off the intended path. We are not ready for them to completely return yet. We are to busy having power over each other, trying to kill each other. They will soon come back, but that won't happen till everything here comes to a head. And once the dust has settled, they will then start over with us.

lamdo263

Depending upon the type of alien and their inclination of intentions, this can be both a yes, no and maybe answer.

TimeFlipper

Depending upon the type of alien and their inclination of intentions, this can be both a yes, no and maybe answer.

Who was it that analysed those different "types of aliens", and where did he or she find them, maybe sitting on top of a magic mushroom perhaps?? :D..

lamdo263

Who was it that analysed those different "types of aliens", and where did he or she find them, maybe sitting on top of a magic mushroom perhaps?? :D..
Starting with the book Ufology and from there, Extraterrestrials Among Us by Geo. C Andrews. Then' Behind The Flying Saucers on by Frank Skulley, till one can fill up a good sized wheelbarrow. I guess there about 50 to 75 books in that tread, maybe more?

You've got your answer.

Last edited:

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
They come here for mostly one reason. To check on our progress. Why, because we are them. How do you think we really got here. Do you really believe we just all of a sudden appeared out of no where. Do you believe it was just magic. Have you not seen ancient hieroglyphics, pictures of ships within them. They came here, colonized and left. But since then we have gone off the intended path. We are not ready for them to completely return yet. We are to busy having power over each other, trying to kill each other. They will soon come back, but that won't happen till everything here comes to a head. And once the dust has settled, they will then start over with us.
If we are related to them, it begs 2 questions. 1. Well, where did they come from? And 2. Not every plant and animal and microscopic organism are related to them, so where did those things come from?

Freak Show

You need to look at the Big picture of who created it all. One guess. They are of a higher consciousness, they tried to teach us some of that. But we with our free will chose to have power over each other instead.