SHUTDOWN!

TnWatchdog

Most everyone thought the government was stupid, but for others is there any doubt now? Like everyone else says, I have to pay and balance my budget, why not the government? Stupid is all I can say.

Samstwitch

(I moved this thread under The News Wire.)

What a mess our politicians have made. The Government Shutdown will cost BILLIONS of dollars! One of my sons was presently in a gov't training program. After the midnight Shut Down, he and the others in the program were told they were being flown home. The cost of flying that group back home is costing $800,000. Then when the gov't opens again, it will cost the gov't the same amount to fly them back! :rolleyes:

"Stupid is as stupid does." ~Forest Gump

Earthmasque

It appears that the OP believes a partial shutdown equates to a default.

I wonder if anyone else caught that, or does everyone also believe this? Why?

Khaos

where the wild things are
This shutdown was bound to happen at some point. Its been dragging on the last few years, even my state has had a few close call shutdowns as well. We had a shutdown two years ago, but it was averted a few hours later. They finally passed the spending bill or whatever it was.

But all the doom and gloom bullshit about this shutdown, and life goes on as normal... just with restrictions, like national parks being closed. But I do agree, its a waste of money.

You lay off all those government workers, for the shutdown. And then you have to use money in order to bring them back. You waste money shutting down the national parks, and then use money to reopen them.

All the money wasted. Its like when they shut down Boston during that terrorist attack earlier this year, businesses reported losing thousands of dollars of income due not being able to do that, run their business.

And you want me to be honest about the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obozocare. Its a waste and look where it has gotten us. In a shutdown. Nobody wants to pass the fucking bill.

That bill passes and people without medical insurance, who don't have the money to pay for it, who barely have money to put food on their table, are fined money because they don't have healthcare and didn't opt into the Obozocare. What is worse is, when they finally get Obozocare, they have to pay money! Even though Obama claims its free!

Its a waste of money and time. I don't see what Obama gets at trying to pass the healthcare.

Last edited:

Samstwitch

Republican Congress is being blamed, but they are not the problem. Harry Reid and Obama are responsible. They will not negotiate any of the terms.

Congress asked for two changes to Obamacare (paraphrased):

1) The first one is to omit the one-year exemption given to big businesses. If Obamacare is approved at it is currently written, big businesses will receive a one-year extension, so they will not have to participate in the Health Care program for one year. Congress does not agree with that. They feel that this is unfair to small businesses and Americans who are not given the one-year extension. I totally agree!

2) The second one is to omit the exemption given to members of Congress and their staff. That means that members of Congress and their don't have to pay for their own cost for Obamacare. They will get taxpayer-funded subsidies. This is unfair. Congress wants it omitted. I totally agree!

These are very reasonable changes, but Reid and Obama will not negotiate. So the Government Shut Down is their fault. Congress is NOT to blame!

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
work ethic? we don't have no stinkin' work ethic!

131003.Congress.no.work.comic.jpg

submitted by Chase Ogden

kcwildman

Beastmaster
well the shut down is all the news right now,, but do you folks know it was all planned out from the get go??? they even changed the rules in the house just to make it more fun to play the game....
I just love to see my tax dollars at work:mad:

Late in the evening on September 30, 2013, the House Rules Committee Republicans changed the Rules of the House so that the ONLY Member allowed to call up the Senate's clean CR for a vote was Majority Leader Eric Cantor or his designee -- all but guaranteeing the government would shut down a few hours later and would stay shut down. Previously, any Member would have had the right to bring the CR up for a vote. Democracy has been suspended in the House of Representatives