Shyness: A blessing or a curse?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
It's called social anxiety. I've been dealing with it my entire life.

I had it as a teenager. But I never thought it was caused by anxiety. I thought it was just teenage hormones. My tongue would frequently turn to mush when a pretty girl would talk to me.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I had it as a teenager. But I never thought it was caused by anxiety. I thought it was just teenage hormones. My tongue would frequently turn to mush when a pretty girl would talk to me.
Always been that way as a teenager, man. I was so anxious and uptight, I swear, only a dog could hear my farts. Remained that way until my 20s or something... Jeez.

Glad it passed with age. I think I'm fairly average now. Always depends with whom and how I feel, but it's okay.

Wind7

Staff
It's called social anxiety. I've been dealing with it my entire life.
Me too.
Always been that way as a teenager, man. I was so anxious and uptight, I swear, only a dog could hear my farts. Remained that way until my 20s or something... Jeez.

Glad it passed with age. I think I'm fairly average now. Always depends with whom and how I feel, but it's okay.

I have the social anxiety plague as well but,
as I have grown older and hopefully a bit wiser,
I have become a bit less anxious.

I'm not as shy as I once was but I still prefer night life.
I guess that I'm a real creature of habit that started back in my music playing daze.

Wind7

Staff
While anxiety is it's own beast, that's not quite what I was referring to in my original post. Perhaps I should have worded things better.

This is true, Anxiety and Shyness isn't the same.

'Shyness and social anxiety are different, though many people use the terms interchangeably. Shyness is common, and it refers to feeling uncomfortable in social situations. Often, if someone feels shy, they can still motivate themselves to perform when needed. Social anxiety, however, is an anxiety disorder that can affect someone’s quality of life.'

(Source)

Last edited: