Side effect symptoms

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The thoughts you think make you the person you are. It's your head. You get to choose.

Doc 05

Zenith
Capgras delusion and other minor delusions, homesickness, shock/trauma, memory loss, derealization, deja vu.

How do you deal with them?
I come here and converse with others just as messed up as me.
But I also own an HDR; so I can "blame" a lot of these "oddities" on it.
Just lately learned about Capgras; in the HDR world we call those others as "counterparts";
as we have jumped a timeline and we are just witnessing these similar, but different counterparts.

But I do wish I could give you a big hug and tell you "that you're OK".
It's all the "norms" that are delusional. ;)

Apri1

Yup. That's exactly it. Med term is capgras. Still it's uncanny looking at the people you know and are close to, knowing they aren't actually the same people. I just try not to think about it.

And thanks :)

Doc 05

Zenith
It's was weird hearing a description of a common time travel/HDR phenomena and there is a medical term for it.
The current medical thoughts are a disconnect between visual centers and the hippocampus (people sound familiar, but don't look it).
But, those are Doctor's SWAGs (scientific wild ass guesses).

Here's an idea;
everyone knows you are into time travel
so you can tell these counterparts;
"you know your counterpart on another timeline is a much nicer person".
Just an idea. ;)

Apri1

Haha. I'd rather not have people assume I've lost my mind more than they already believe. What's astounding are people's reactions to my experiences. They usually fall into one of two camps. Either "yeah that's entirely normal and there's nothing wrong with such supernatural phenomena occuring" or it's "you didn't experience what you experienced" which is kinda amusing but also frustrating.

Doc 05

Zenith
You really from 2036? Never mind; I guess it was a spoof on Apex TV and it's so called Time Travelers.
Why I don't watch that stuff. ;)

Last edited:

Apri1

Of course I am. I'm a certified time traveler with a black cube that I call a time machine. You see I was sent here as part of a mission to acquire a macbook pro 2019 13" so that we can avert a crisis in the future where we only have proprietary mac components but no way to use or replace them. I can't really talk about my mission too much though because paradox. I've got some goo and some pictures I doodled if that'd help make it more convincing.

No, I'm not really from 2036. I'm a nobody. Just a time travel junkie trying to get my fix and understand the nature of the hell I've found myself in.