Sighting at Billy's Bar and Grill. Anoka, Mn.

Wind7

Staff
Saturday, July 30th, 2016.

TnWatchdog, BlastTyrant and myself met in Anoka, Mn. to say hello, chat and grab a bite to eat.

We decided to go to Billy's Bar and Grill.

While on our way towards the building,
something caught my attention, from one of the 3rd story windows there was a shadowy figure looking outward, I blinked and it was gone.

I wasn't sure what I saw, so I didn't say anything...then it happened again.
That's when I stopped and stared up at the windows, there she was again!
Only for another moment and then gone.

This time I said something.

BlastTyrant told me that the owners sometimes like to put mannequins in the windows to mess with people so,
I figured that was possibly what I was seeing and forgot about it as we headed in to have lunch.

Now... here's the kicker.

Later after we had our meal, we were standing outside chatting and again, something caught my attention.
I looked up and there she was again!
Blinked and she was gone.

I just stood there dumbfounded.

Okay, now it's after 3 am Tuesday and i found my book, the Mn. road guide to haunted locations by Chad Lewis & Terry Fisk.

I didn't realize that Billy's was in this book until now.

The legend tells of visitors seeing a woman looking down from the windows of the 3rd floor which has been vacant for many years.

I've had this book for years and never really read it until now... although I was aware of a place called Durkin's Irish Pub which is in the book. (Durkin's no longer exists, sadly)

I know what I witnessed when I looked up and saw her and I hadn't planned on saying anything further, but now after reading what I have read about Billy's Bar and Grill,
I honestly believe I had a bonified witnessing.

I will never forget meeting two very cool members of Paranormalis on a perfect Saturday afternoon.

TnWatchdog, BlastTyrant, it was an honor.

And I am glad we chose Billy's for lunch.
I will never forget this day..ever.

:)

Wind7

Staff
View attachment 4903
This is a picture of Billy's Bar and Grill...Anoka, Minnesota taken that day.
Edit...Might that have been Mrs. Jackson you saw Wind?

That's the question Tn,
Lewis and Fisk's investigation revealed that she died of pneumonia at her residence in Crooked Lake in 1918.

So...yeah, I have no idea really.

Didn't expect to see anything,
I just stood there kinda bewildered after we left and we were standing there talking
then I glanced up and briefly saw the apparition of a woman again.

It all hit home when I opened up the book
and actually read it this time.
Others have seen the same thing?!
Wow.

Thanks for taking the photo,
brings it all back together,
it was that upper left window on that side facing us, well above the green and white sign.

Man! What an amazing day!!

TnWatchdog

View attachment 4903

That's the question Tn,
Lewis and Fisk's investigation revealed that she died of pneumonia at her residence in Crooked Lake in 1918.

I just stood there kinda bewildered after we left and we were standing there talking

Wow.

it was that upper left window on that side facing us, well above the green and white sign.

This is from your post Best Haunted Bars of Minnesota...
*****Billy’s Bar and Grill used to be an unofficial brothel. It is believed to be haunted by a madam by the name of Mrs. Jackson, who supposedly died in the building. Some say that Mrs. Jackson was murdered by thieves and others say she hanged herself from a chandelier, either scenario is surrounded by tragedy. Mrs. Jackson makes appearances in the form of a ghost who haunts an upstairs window. Witnesses have caught glimpses of her shadowy figure looking down at them.*****
Makes you wonder.
We must go back!

Wind7

Staff
View attachment 4903

That's the question Tn,

Wow.

This is from your post Best Haunted Bars of Minnesota...
*****Billy’s Bar and Grill used to be an unofficial brothel. It is believed to be haunted by a madam by the name of Mrs. Jackson, who supposedly died in the building. Some say that Mrs. Jackson was murdered by thieves and others say she hanged herself from a chandelier, either scenario is surrounded by tragedy. Mrs. Jackson makes appearances in the form of a ghost who haunts an upstairs window. Witnesses have caught glimpses of her shadowy figure looking down at them.*****
Makes you wonder.
We must go back!

(y)

Definitely.

bluejay_1919

Wow! So great to hear that some of you guys got the chance to meet each other and chat! Makes my heart happy for you three.

I'm giddy over the fact that Wind7 got to witness an apparition and then back it up with the history of the place...without knowing it all wove together. Very, very awesome.

-what a beautiful building-

I would have loved to been a fly on the wall and heard some of the conversations you guys had.