'Significant' Amounts of Water Found Under Mars' Surface in Historic Discovery

Wind7

Staff

"Knowing more about how and where water exists on present-day Mars is essential to understand what happened to Mars' once-abundant water" says Colin Wilson, ESA's ExoMars Trace Gas Orbiter project scientist, via 'Newsweek'.
"... and helps our search for habitable environments, possible signs of past life, and organic materials from Mars' earliest days", Colin Wilson, ESA's ExoMars Trace Gas Orbiter project scientist, via 'Newsweek'

Wow..........

They found substantial water on Mars.

"Possible signs of past life".....Really peaks the interest and spurs the imagination, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Wind7

Staff
A water source is a good thing to have when they attempt to colonize Mars.
True, but for my own curiosity,
I am awaiting the (possible) discovery of life on Mars.

If it becomes a reality, then how much will it differ from known sources?

I certainly don't expect them to find remains like the ending scene from Planet of the Apes....although I wouldn't be surprised if they found similarities such as trace DNA that in some fleeting way, matched lifeforms here on Earth.

That would be wild....
...albeit, very slim.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
True, but for my own curiosity,
I am awaiting the (possible) discovery of life on Mars.

If it becomes a reality, then how much will it differ from known sources?

I certainly don't expect them to find remains like the ending scene from Planet of the Apes....although I wouldn't be surprised if they found similarities such as trace DNA that in some fleeting way, matched lifeforms here on Earth.

That would be wild....
...albeit, very slim.

They'll have to study it, of course, and then build a filtrating system to be able to drink it. But it could be used to water plants and such in a controlled environment. It would be cool if they found microscopic organisms in it.

walt willis

Immanuel Velikovsky wrote a must read book back in 1950 called: Worlds in Collision.
His ten year research was invested in his work and in his report he talks about a rouge planet that changes the atmosphere on Mars and Earth.
The book also explains how Planet "X" is a dark star with it's own planets that entered our solar system from a 30 degree angle below our solar plane.
He found evidence of this event the indicates in occurs about every 26,000 years?
If his report is correct we should be good to enjoy our time on earth for a while.
The other point may be that planet "X" will not do as much harm in the next pass?
Need to read his book before the government makes it a crime to read?
Knowledge is power and those at the top only want worker slaves?
!cid_lhewRfl1sSyKT1yQYaru.jpg

Harte

Immanuel Velikovsky wrote a must read book back in 1950 called: Worlds in Collision.
His ten year research was invested in his work and in his report he talks about a rouge planet that changes the atmosphere on Mars and Earth.
The book also explains how Planet "X" is a dark star with it's own planets that entered our solar system from a 30 degree angle below our solar plane.
He found evidence of this event the indicates in occurs about every 26,000 years?
If his report is correct we should be good to enjoy our time on earth for a while.
The other point may be that planet "X" will not do as much harm in the next pass?
Need to read his book before the government makes it a crime to read?
Knowledge is power and those at the top only want worker slaves?
View attachment 13085
Please quote Velikovsky on this dark star claim.
And Velikovsky's "rogue planet" was Venus.

Harte