Smithsonian Cover Up of Giant Humans

Harte

Again, I didn't claim accuracy.
I stated, and clearly, that the oldest versions of the story known to us say that Goliath was a little over 6 feet tall.

Then you said I was throwing around speculation as if it were fact.

What I've shown here is that what I said WAS absolutely factual.

So now you want to move the goal posts and make this about legitimacy and accuracy.

Your warped view that the Dead Sea Scrolls are fakes is your own. You provide nothing that would back up that claim - which, I suspect, you are compelled by your own ego to make. I.e., you simply can't accept that you're wrong. That some guy on the internet that you consider not to be as pious as you has shown you something about your own religion that you didn't know.

So, if you want to be actually pious, you'll either provide evidence that the Dead Sea Scrolls are forgeries (made, I suppose, expressly to "shorten" Goliath) and evidence that Josephus was either forged or lied to by his fellow worshipers and by the Torah. You'll need to note that Josephus tells the same stories that are in the Old Testament today and thus provide some kind of rationale for why those stories match but this one about Goliath does not.
Or, you'll accept the truth of what I've told you and stop accusing people of stating comments as facts, when the comments ARE factual.

Believe it or not, there are actually people on the internet (not many here, I'll admit) that know what they're talking about. You could be one of them, with a little effort. It's obvious that you've never looked into any of these matters.

Harte

Harte

I didn't proclaim my ideas. I stated facts and backed them up.

If you want my idea in this particular case, it is that David never fought Goliath. It's a made-up story to enhance David's standing - like George Washington and the cherry tree - assuming David ever existed in the first place.

Harte

TimeFlipper

After a cursory check i discovered that Goliath was supposed to be 4 cubits tall, which is 6foot 9inches...Cubits were first described in the Dead Sea Scrolls text of Samuel, also the first century historian Josephus, and the fourth century Septuagint, which all of them say that Goliath was 4 cubits tall....

There were several other size examples of cubits, all of them different, but the general acceptance of a cubit was the Royal cubit, which varies slightly between 19.8 inches to 20.6 inches, hence Goliath being 6foot 9inches tall....Interestingly it stated somewhere that Goliath was also 6foot 9inches in width, which i perceived as stretching out both of his arms horizontally from his body, and measuring between the distance of each hand or fingers..

One reason why he could have been called Goliath was probably because the average height of a man in those days might have only been about 5feet, and seeing a guy of 6foot 9inches next to you would probably have been described as a Goliath of a man...

Just for Hartey, iam playing a well known song from 1961, called Big John....The reason iam doing this is to put into perspective how Big John was seen and described in the song as a "Giant Of A Man", who was actually 3inches shorter than Goliath, and the average height of an American guy was about 5foot 6inches in 1961 ;) :LOL:..

Kairos

If you actually bother to read these books, and stop injecting your own worldview onto them.. Goliath was considered a giant because the Gazans were descended from Nephilim. He was many generations down the line from the giants you read about in Exodus, so not as huge as described there.

As far as trying to figure out how tall the person really was, if he existed.. that's a separate debate. According to the Old Testament books, Goliath was huge because he wasn't fully human.

The symbolism of David, the little Hebrew guy, defeating a giant descendant of the Nephilim would have been unshakable. That points back to when the Hebrews first entered Canaan and God ordered them to exterminate the Nephilim, and they managed to defeat most of them.

The defeat of a descendant of the Nephilim signaled a return of Hebrew autonomy and control of the region. David would eventually become king and Israel would reach its zenith in power and prosperity.

Harte

After a cursory check i discovered that Goliath was supposed to be 4 cubits tall, which is 6foot 9inches...Cubits were first described in the Dead Sea Scrolls text of Samuel, also the first century historian Josephus, and the fourth century Septuagint, which all of them say that Goliath was 4 cubits tall....
Obviously, they're forgeries. :D

There were several other size examples of cubits, all of them different, but the general acceptance of a cubit was the Royal cubit, which varies slightly between 19.8 inches to 20.6 inches, hence Goliath being 6foot 9inches tall....Interestingly it stated somewhere that Goliath was also 6foot 9inches in width, which i perceived as stretching out both of his arms horizontally from his body, and measuring between the distance of each hand or fingers..
Fake story made up by athiests and planted in ancient jars in the caves of Qumram to counter the TRUE KJV in which he is CLEARLY taller by a couple of feet. :LOL:

One reason why he could have been called Goliath was probably because the average height of a man in those days might have only been about 5feet, and seeing a guy of 6foot 9inches next to you would probably have been described as a Goliath of a man...
You have that backwards.

Just for Hartey, iam playing a well known song from 1961, called Big John....The reason iam doing this is to put into perspective how Big John was seen and described in the song as a "Giant Of A Man", who was actually 3inches shorter than Goliath, and the average height of an American guy was about 5foot 6inches in 1961 ;):LOL:..

Fake sausage hustler lip syncing a song by the lord JC (Johnny Cash.)

Harte

TimeFlipper

Obviously, they're forgeries. :D

Fake story made up by athiests and planted in ancient jars in the caves of Qumram to counter the TRUE KJV in which he is CLEARLY taller by a couple of feet. :LOL:

You have that backwards.

Fake sausage hustler lip syncing a song by the lord JC (Johnny Cash.)

Harte

FYI Hartey, Jimmy Dean co-wrote the song Big John along with Roy Acuff, which was released in September 1961 :p ..
As for Johnny Cash singing Big Bad John, i can find no evidence of him ever releasing his version of it, perhaps he performed the song live at one of his concerts, probably Folsom Prison :LOL:..

If you search for JC on You Tube you will find a fake posting of him singing Big Bad John, though it clearly is Jimmy Dean singing it :LOL:...

Harte

FYI Hartey, Jimmy Dean co-wrote the song Big John along with Roy Acuff, which was released in September 1961 :p ..
As for Johnny Cash singing Big Bad John, i can find no evidence of him ever releasing his version of it, perhaps he performed the song live at one of his concerts, probably Folsom Prison :LOL:..

If you search for JC on You Tube you will find a fake posting of him singing Big Bad John, though it clearly is Jimmy Dean singing it :LOL:...
Obviously, we've been lied to about our past.
Probably the Illuminati.
Possibly by the Bilderbergers.
Maybe by the CMA.

Harte

Wind7

Staff

For the record, lipsynching was created in the 1950's... I KNOW because, I saw those old b&w Godzilla movies. ;)

I have a 20' wide flyswatter just waiting for that moth-thingy.

Gojira be praised. :ROFLMAO: