Smithsonian Cover Up of Giant Humans

Kairos

You are throwing out comments as facts that are no such thing. I am a fairly religious person, and no universe would I agree the "earliest texts of Old Testament" put Goliath at six feet tall. That's laughable.

Goliath was from Gaza, which was where some of the Nephilim escaped to when the Israelites tried to exterminate them from Canaan. He had Nephilim in his blood if you read the texts. So did a lot of the Gazans.

titorite

As I stated, the earliest version of the David and Goliath story has Goliath a little over 6 feet tall.

Where's your giants now?

Harte

Did you read that out of the boat Mormon Bible? because that just isn't so. Goliath was an inbred Giant. I do see the internet saying a lot of shit collaborating your 6 feet. None of my bibles say that though.

But what is so difficult to believe about Giants? Pygmies exist. But they are almost all gone. Soon they will be no more , and if we talk about them in the future , with picture folks might claim photoshop there again.

But I suppose it is whatever

Harte

Look it up for yourself then. Cave 4 in Qumram. Dead Sea Scrolls:
1 Samuel 17:4
Goliath, of Gath, whose height was four cubits and a span
From the later (eight centuries later) Masoretic text:
1 Samuel 17:4
Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
There is a comment that is actually a fact, regardless of how your weak faith requires you to interpret it.

Harte

Kairos

Look it up for yourself then. Cave 4 in Qumram. Dead Sea Scrolls:

From the later (eight centuries later) Masoretic text:

There is a comment that is actually a fact, regardless of how your weak faith requires you to interpret it.

Harte

Dead Sea Scrolls? LMFAO

Rudi

the dinosaur skeleton?
the skeletons of great people?
All this originates from a mega planet, which has been divided over millions of years ago due to the collision.
The planet has split into thousands of pieces.
One piece is now called planet Earth.
The mass of the planet with abundance of oxygen causes abnormal growth of the creatures
(Verified)

Harte

Dead Sea Scrolls? LMFAO
Will you now assert that the Dead Sea Scrolls post-date the Masoretic texts?
The Dead Sea Scrolls are, after all, the oldest mentions of Goliath - exactly as I stated.
If you don't care for actual scrolls from back then, perhaps you can read Josephus (also far predating the Masoretic texts) which relates exactly the same height for Goliath:
Now there came down a man out of the camp of the Philistines, whose name was Goliath, of the city of Gath; a man of vast bulk, for he was of four cubits and a span in tallness
link (scroll down to Chapter 9.)

Or, maybe you'd prefer the Septuagint (also far predating the Masoretic Texts,) which also gives the same height:
And there went forth a mighty man out of the army of the Philistines, Goliath, by name, out of Geth, his height [was] four cubits and a span.
link

I think I've provide enough evidence for what I stated. Your personal disbelief is entirely beside the point.

Harte

Harte

So, tell me exactly what's "laughable" here, my assertion of fact, backed up by the actual texts I originally mentioned, or your refusal to believe the very texts on which your religious faith is based?

Harte

Kairos

Will you now assert that the Dead Sea Scrolls post-date the Masoretic texts?
The Dead Sea Scrolls are, after all, the oldest mentions of Goliath - exactly as I stated.
If you don't care for actual scrolls from back then, perhaps you can read Josephus (also far predating the Masoretic texts) which relates exactly the same height for Goliath:
link (scroll down to Chapter 9.)

Or, maybe you'd prefer the Septuagint (also far predating the Masoretic Texts,) which also gives the same height:
link

I think I've provide enough evidence for what I stated. Your personal disbelief is entirely beside the point.

Harte

No, I am laughing at the fallacious enthymeme. Try spelling out the argument instead of leaving premises unstated. It's fallacious. Just because something is older doesn't make it more accurate.

Furthermore, probably half or more of the alleged texts are proven forgeries.

Harte

Josephus is forged? The Dead Sea Scrolls are forgeries?

Now it's time for you to point out where I said ANY of this is "accurate."
Maybe it's also time for you to actually read posts you respond to - before you respond to them.
After all, I did:
I am a fairly religious person, and no universe would I agree the "earliest texts of Old Testament" put Goliath at six feet tall. That's laughable.
Welcome to your new universe.

Harte

Kairos

A lot of the dead sea scrolls are actually modern forgeries, dude. I mean.. LOL. Welcome to reality. Beyond that, the date something is written does not confer legitimacy. Assuming you actually do have an ancient text of Samuel that puts Goliath at six feet tall, all you really have is a text where a particular writer chose to write it as so. It doesn't mean everybody in those days thought that, and last I checked the dead sea scrolls were written by Essene crackpots who are not part of the main Jewish tradition, much less Christian tradition. Josephus included. Josephus was one of them, only he lacked the courage to off himself at Masada.