Debate So who says they don't / can't exist?

Harte

As with the paranormal, the ETs have not been proven to not exist and there is enough proof that something not from around here are from someplace else, meaning not from earth or from this dimension anyway.
There's no evidence other than anecdotal for ETs visiting Earth. Also, the list of things that aren't "proven to not exist" is infinite. ETs are just one thing on the list. Leprechauns are another.

To wit, it cannot be logically proven that a thing does not exist, therefore there can be no proof that ETs don't exist. Just like leprechauns.

Harte

03snafubar31

As our ancient ancestors once believed that they were the sole inhabitants of the land until they gained the ability to cross vast seas of blue, shall we as humanity will one day realize that we are not alone in the black...

That is once we get off being so ignorant and petty and actually come together as a species. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case. Not any time soon.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
As our ancient ancestors once believed that they were the sole inhabitants of the land until they gained the ability to cross vast seas of blue, shall we as humanity will one day realize that we are not alone in the black...

That is once we get off being so ignorant and petty and actually come together as a species. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case. Not any time soon.
I disagree with what mainstream history has taught us in schools. Our ancient ancestors were not idiots. They learned advanced technology from extraterrestrials, and had a lot more than we give them credit for. And yes, extraterrestrials have visited Earth for thousands, if not, millions of years.

More info about UFOs is coming out than ever in our recent history, and we may not reveal ourselves to the ETs, but rather they may reveal themselves to us, whether we unite as a species or not. Have you ever watched Ancient Aliens?

03snafubar31

With all due respect... as much as I found Ancient Aliens very interesting if not entertaining, saying that their content was completely factual is like saying that the bible is an actual account of creation and I am to believe its stories like the one of Noah actually fitting 2 of every species of animal in a boat.

As much as I would LOVE to believe many of the fantastic stories about our ancient ancestors to be accurate, there has never been one shred of definitive evidence that any of it is true. Are we being kept in the dark from things that have been unearthed by scientists and researchers? I wouldn't doubt it. Do I believe that our planet has been visited by intelligent folks from some far corner of the universe? Sure. Do I agree that we have been taught BS in our schools when it comes to our history? Absolutely. Yet, there hasn't been any evidence that anyone that has been able to produce that would prove, without a doubt, any of the theories Ancient Aliens had produced.

I firmly believe that there were pockets of ancient civilizations that were quite advanced. There have been many scientific discoveries like the Nazca Lines, the questionable age of the Sphinx, and the Antikythera mechanism that makes me question our ancient history. Where or how they acquired this knowledge is highly debatable and it's unfortunate that all we have at this time are theories. (Some very compelling)

I want to believe...

P.S. Just nitpicking, but just because people say they saw a UFO doesn't mean that it's an alien spacecraft. Until the UFO becomes identified it still remains unidentified.

I disagree with what mainstream history has taught us in schools. Our ancient ancestors were not idiots. They learned advanced technology from extraterrestrials, and had a lot more than we give them credit for. And yes, extraterrestrials have visited Earth for thousands, if not, millions of years.

More info about UFOs is coming out than ever in our recent history, and we may not reveal ourselves to the ETs, but rather they may reveal themselves to us, whether we unite as a species or not. Have you ever watched Ancient Aliens?

I don't think that ET's have visited Earth now or in the past.....The only ones that agree with that theory are those in Ufology and the Paranormal.....

@Alien Origins - Yeah, whatever you say man. Like you're an expert on those who believe and those who don't.

That was an opinion...It did not encompass anyone else's belief...You and everyone else are free to believe what you want I am not stopping you....I don't really care if you believe it or not....I said "I don't think" as in me not anyone else. But the part about Ufology and Paranormal is pretty much on target as far as I am concerned...Rant all you like about aliens visiting Earth, all they have are what if's and is it possible? Show me concrete evidence I will change my opinion. I am open to it. Of course now if you had rather partake in smart ass jabs I can do that to.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Alien Origins - Forgive my rather late reply. I respect your opinion, but I believe you are underestimating how popular the theory of ET visitation to Earth is. There's a lot of people who believe, especially as of recently with all the ET/UFO-centered documentary shows and films out there. You said "The only ones that agree with that theory are those in Ufology and the Paranormal". That implies a small, select group of people.

Harte

@Alien Origins - Forgive my rather late reply. I respect your opinion, but I believe you are underestimating how popular the theory of ET visitation to Earth is. There's a lot of people who believe, especially as of recently with all the ET/UFO-centered documentary shows and films out there. You said "The only ones that agree with that theory are those in Ufology and the Paranormal". That implies a small, select group of people.

Harte