Some strange, but pleasant dreams.

Negan

THE member
The past three or four nights I've been having some strange but pleasant dreams. But before I get into that, I want to tell you about the dreams I've had for roughly a month before these pleasant dreams.

I don't typically have nightmares. For the most part, I have some surreal dreams that leave me wanting to explore the world when I wake. When I do have nightmares, it's usually about stress. Like being downtown but downtown is unfamiliar. Or taking a bus, but the buses go places I don't recognize. Sometimes, my dream worlds will be an amalgamation between Norway and the United States.

Very rarely do I have nightmares that scare me thankfully. But for this past month up until a couple of days ago, I've been having extremely stressful dreams. Not bad dreams, but dreams that make me feel very "weird" when I wake up. It's quite an uncomfortable feeling and there has been at least two instances where I had to turn on my bedside lamp in order to go back to sleep.

Fast forward to about three nights ago. I had a dream where my uncle who passed a little over a year ago, my grandfather who passed ten years ago and my pet rat "Lone Star" (super sweet little guy) who passed away five(ish) years ago were all with me. I was laying in a bed or sofa in the shape of an "L". My uncle was sitting above me and my grandfather was sitting on the short end of the "L". Lone Star was cuddling with me, something he loved to do.

I woke up happy as I got to see them again, even if it was just a dream. Then the night before last I had a dream where we were in a room similar in design (but wasn't) to my current apartment. We were standing in there, my grandfather, uncle and I when something happened which caused us all to burst into a hearty laughter.

I'm just curious if anyone here are good at interpreting dreams? Or perhaps they have some theories to the sudden change in stressful dreams to these pleasant family dreams?

Speaking of dreams, I'm off to bed. Have a good night everyone. :sleep:(y)

Mayhem

Zenith
Are you able to control your surroundings, or meaning direct your actions?

When you are in this ability of a lucid dream you can tell.

Most likely in the later stages of sleep from my experiences.

Negan

THE member
Unfortunately no. I've never been able to and instead "watch" my dreams. I have on on occasion been able to will myself awake from a nightmare when I was younger.