something that i am worried

Alpha and 0mega

something that i am worried

Ok,i am a 13 year old boy,who had found something unfair,very unfair indeed,and all this happen in skool.
alrite,i am a average boy from a average skool.In school,i wasn the smartest,instead,i had fail 3 out of 8 subjects and rank bottom in class.Then only,recently,i have discover from my friends,they have memorise everything in the textbook!without understanding the logic and concept,thus they did very well.Take for example,the science test,its all bout scientific names and other thing that can be easily memorise.Its was bad luck that fall on me,that my brain couldn't remember and memorise all those stuff@! :mad: IF this were to continue,perhaps i won't be able to get into the university,even though i score very well in physis .And by then the university will be flooded with a bunch of silly memoriser monkeys who knows nothing more than memorizing.
SOMEONE PLS COMFORT ME!:(

StarLord

Re: something that i am worried

Quit worrying for starters, you don't need that stress. NEVER compare yourself to other people, it's a waste of time and energy, there will always be those ahead of you and behind you. If you have problems memorizing, copy it. Write it down and then write it down again, then write it down again and then write it down again....
If you do this enough, two things will happen. 1 you learn what you need to learn. 2 eventually your brain and fingers come to an agreement, you only have to rewrite it done once or twice for it to sink in and be retained.

You know what you need, only you can judge correctly, if you are still having problems, go tell your teacher AND parents that you need extra help and or tutoring. You can only blame one person for you not excelling at school. No one can read your mind. If you need help GO GET IT. :-}

XDrFirefly

Maybe, I'm not the best person to be talking about this, but I do totally understand your fears. I went to college for 8 years. I didn't get the piece of paper. But, I did learn alot. Don't worry. You are just living in a time where the pressure of tests are over welming. Do your best on the test, study try hard and your get to college. Once there take your normal General Education class, then your selected field class, but almost takes some class that are fun and something you really want to learn about. Get that damn little piece of paper. But, make sure you take some class so u can feed your brain too. When you get to the real world there are no test. You'll do great. At least you see it now, so you are already one step above all the other kids in your school.

Dr FF

sinister

wow, you have no idea how close of an experience I had to yours during high school. I quickly found out that the best 'students' in the class were those who, like you said, did nothing but study and memorize. I found they had no true grasp of the concepts, and although this may have allowed them to have a beefy GPA, I was still able to get into UCSC and am having a great time. A lot of my classmates (ya I went to ****ty college prep school) went off to Stanford, CalTech, Yale, etc., and although I can't know for sure, I'm pretty confident that I'm having a lot more fun than they are. Just remember that no matter what happens, there's always a way to fix it if it's what you really want. Nothing is set in stone at the age of 13, not even for me at 20. Also, remember that not everything is about school. It's important, that's for sure, but there are other things that are just, if not more, important. Just the fact that you are on this board tells me that you have a curiosity for information, and honestly that is probably the number one thing you can hope to have. I feel smarter just being on this board for an hour or so than after an hour of econ class. Also, just remember that memorizing everything in a book is not a skill special only to a few people. It may take you more time or effort (trust me, I'm just like you, with all the weed and general laziness, I became very bad at memorizing), but memorization is a skill that all humans can muster. Also, here's a tip for high school. Although it may seem nerdy or crappy, my parents MADE me take an SAT review class, where I was told that the SAT is a test of how well you can take the SAT. There are tricks to everything, even those damn AP tests, you just have to figure out the right combination. In some cases, it might be straight memorization, but often times you just need to figure out how to beat the test. Education is very important, I'm not advocating that it's not, I just remember times in high school where things were so hyped, far past reality. So don't worry, take things slow, and more than anything, don't be hard on yourself. You may not be the best at memorization, but all that means is there's room in your mind for being better at other things, arguably more important things as well.

PhantomLord

Come on quit your complaining. Teachers do everything straight from the book so its only common sense to memorize the summary's in the chapters.

Look I was more or less like you in school. Granted I'm pretty smart, but I'm lazy when it comes down to it and unless I really liked the class I sure as hell wasnt going to put in any extra effort.

I never took the SAT's and I still graduated High School on time and went on to college where I got two associates degrees.

Any idiot can get into college as long as they have a means of paying the tuition.

If you want to really worry about something, worry about what awaits you after college.

For me its unemployment and about $30 grand in student loan debts.

But your 13. You have another 4 years or so before you have to worry about any of that crap.

jimer014

Actually the plain and simple truth which all you idiots fail to realize is some peoples gnomes, DNA, memory and minds have been ****ED WITH by evil government forces. I will not even begin to describe all of the experiments going on. Infant vaccination is the leading cause of autism, and loss of full conciousness memory and mental awareness. The data stored in the human mind is located in the pathways in levels that are very precise and analog. Many of these people are then wrongfuly diagnosed with ADD and put on psychosomatic drugs which do not help. It is imposible to have your brain efficiently store and retrieve information when the tissue is not clear and the pathways are not firing at a reasonable rate. Also the more your brain tissue is temporarily damaged by meats putrifying and running through your blood stream on top of this the higher likelyhood of memory failure. A good regemin of sex and other excercises will help maintain a healthy blood flow to your neurons to a small extent.

It is kind of like a damaged disk or hard drive, if the physical structure becomes damaged and fragmented it will not be able to store information well.

Your memory is all that you are, it can be reserved, stored, and transfered from 1 host, person, to another or tranfered from one time to another. Technology like the crystal ionizor or XK memo replica become useless when you have a damaged mind!
A series XK Meme Replicator. It is the safest
method possible. Replicating your memes, which are
responsible for the brains storage of data and memories,
this method creates a non-harmful liquid which is then
transported through time onto the brain of your younger
self.

These memes are recognized by the brain and placed into
the proper memory segments, recreating all of your past
experiences, memories and ideas inside the younger you's
mind.

Watch the insults. Calling everyone a 'bunch of idiots' is going to get you nothing but banned. -JS

JediStryker

Unfortunately, a lot of the careers available in the world today are all about memorization. As an example, I just took an exam that was designed to measure my aptitude in Cisco internetworking technologies. I scored about average in the beginners section, above average in the intermediate area, and exceptionally in the advanced area. The reason is that the beginning and intermediate stuff is more about remembering the names of things than troubleshooting and genuine knowledge and skill. It's a real pain in the ass, but the utter reality of life nowadays.

sinister

ya that's very true, a lot of disciplines are built on rote memorization. The theory is, if you have all the basic **** memorized, it should be very easy to grasp concepts. The problem with that is that some people are better equipped to grasp the concepts early, yet have trouble with the memorization. I'm not sure about the government screwing with our minds through vaccination, but maybe we should be more focused on the more subtle side of manipulation. I grew up with TV, and I thank every day that my parents were really strict about letting me watch it. Through TV and other points, I believe, we've been gradually trained to constantly allow our attention to move from one thing to the next. This makes memorization very difficult, and I'm convinced that it's a two-pronged attack to scatter our attention span and at the same time demand extreme amounts of it to succeed in certain jobs. My advice, if you aren't the type who handles memorization very well, either find a way to get around it and do it anyway, or focus your other abilities into a discipline that might be less reliant on memorization. I've chosen the field of music, for example, which allows me to do my own thing, my own way, without relying on memorizing the ideas and techniques of others. I'm not arguing that it's a superior field, but it works perfectly for me.

CaryP

Actually the plain and simple truth which all you idiots fail to realize is some peoples gnomes, DNA, memory and minds have been ****ED WITH by evil government forces.

Hi there jimer014. Welcome to the plantation, but addressing the general readership/membership as "all you idiots" is not the way to begin your participation here. I appreciate your passionate post, but insulting others will only get you ignored or attacked. Just a friendly hello and caution. We tend to "play nice" here. That includes having respect for others, demonstrating some manners, and not attacking others. I suggest you do the same.

Cary