Starbucks Announces Plan to Discriminate Against 380 Million Americans With New Jobs in the...

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
Today, Starbucks announced that it would hire 10,000 refugees over the next five years in a politically-charged response to President Donald Trump’s controversial temporary halting of refugees entering the United States from a select few countries (otherwise known as the “Muslim Ban”). The CEO of Starbucks thinks this is a great idea because he feels that the United States is wrongfully discriminating against these refugees temporarily, sometimes over race or religion. Meanwhile, he is announcing a plan to purposely discriminate against 380 million Americans who will not be considered for these 10,000 jobs due to their race or religion.

Guess you gotta fight fire with fire, huh? Way to go Starbucks. We know that our interpretation of your plan is being overdramatic, but no more so than the way you are overdramatizing the temporary halting of some people from some countries from entering the United States because of security concerns. Have a nice day.

P.S. Why not spend your time working on getting the names right on the cups instead of taking active political stands? Also, kudos to you for thinking that arbitrarily employing 10,000 refugees regardless of education, work history, or experience will somehow strike a blow in the millions upon millions of people suffering in war-torn countries across the globe.

Source: Common Sense Conspiracy

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Never tried Starbucks coffee or hot chocolate. They're way too expensive...Always seemed like a hipster thing to me.

Edit: Tons of typos... Thanks, smartphone autocorrect!

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My thoughts exactly. Starbucks is going to discriminate against Americans to hire only refugees. I have no problems giving a refugee a job, but Starbucks needs to hire fair and square.And a GREENCARD should be required like every other immigrant! Companies like that need to stay out of politics. They sell coffee. Piss people off and you lose sales. Common sense... or so I thought.

Incidentally, Trump is not anti-immigrant. He married one. Immigrants have been, and always will be WELCOME in the United States with a VISA.

There is no such thing as a country with a free-flow, open border. That is not logical or rational. That would cause major chaos.

At any rate, my thought on the TEMPORARY BAN:

What IF Trump read some intelligence and followed a KNOWN terrorist into that crowd of refugees and by placing the ban, he saved hundreds of lives including theirs? It's VERY possible. He has access to intelligence that we don't!

Shame on Starbucks for misinterpreting, twisting Mr. Trump's words, and for sticking their nose into politics...and I vote that as a nation founded with the belief in a Christian God, we should SCREW political correctness and put MERRY CHRISTMAS on our coffee cups this December!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to go to bed! Goodnight! LOL

TimeFlipper

I believe Starbucks decision to hire 10,000 refugees will very likely backfire onto them...You could see many of the people who voted for Trump will respond by NOT visiting them, and choose other coffee houses to spend their money in!!..

We had a situation in the UK several years ago where the French were trying to prevent our home grown apples from entering their shops, and guess what happened?...Yeah you got it folks!!, we stopped buying "their apples" (y) :LOL:

If Starbucks are one of the companies in the US that pay only a small amount of tax to the IRS, purely because of the large amount of US staff they hire, Mr Trump will most certainly look into bumping up their tax revenue considerably!!..;)

Trump is NOT a person (and now President) who will allow such behaviour from Starbucks or any other company that gives precedence to immigrants over US born and bred people...You will see very soon how Trump handles this situation, go get em Mr President!! lol :mad: :D

Last edited:

Harte

Well I'm not drinking Starbucks anymore.
See, I personally have a problem with this.

Not with your boycott - with the fact that I can't join it.
I've never drank a drop of Starbucks coffee in my life.
I make my own damn coffee. If I want it to be better than Starbucks, I make it better than Starbucks.
I have a grinder, I can make a damn fine cup (pot) of coffee with it without spending extra for the Starbucks logo on the beans or on the cup.

I feel completely ineffective here since I'm utterly left out of this boycott.

Harte

bluejay_1919

See, I personally have a problem with this.

Not with your boycott - with the fact that I can't join it.
I've never drank a drop of Starbucks coffee in my life.
I make my own damn coffee. If I want it to be better than Starbucks, I make it better than Starbucks.
I have a grinder, I can make a damn fine cup (pot) of coffee with it without spending extra for the Starbucks logo on the beans or on the cup.

I feel completely ineffective here since I'm utterly left out of this boycott.

Harte
You're not missing out. Their coffee is always bitter... And the hot chocolate from Starbucks, ugh. Luckily, there's not one in the town I live in, so much like you, I will continue to make my own coffee - that's not bitter- :)

Destination Unknown

Great more places to plant their terrorist and bombs. How about giving Americans those jobs and not even put discrimination on the table since those who were here first should get those jobs above anybody else. I prefer Seattle's Best coffee. They are much better than Starbucks and cheaper as well. Mcdonalds has a pretty good Café Mocha that is to die for and is cheap. I am addicted to those lol. Last time I was at a Starbucks was in 1998 and Bluejay_1919 is right Star Bucks coffee is disgustingly bitter and not worth the 6 or 7 bucks they charge for it. People get too crazy with these novelty coffee houses that really are not all that great. CEO of Starbucks will regret saying not to discriminate once the bombs start going off.