Steven Gibbs Sonic Resonator

FarOutThere

The Sonic Resonator is said to have been given to Steven Gibbs in 1981. Gibbs the upgraded the device, leading to the HDR in 1985.

Was the Sonic Resonator ever sold by Gibbs as a time travel device?

Does anyone have one?

Do any exist in the wild?

Are there any other details going around that might be hard to dig up, outside of the usual sources? (i.e. fluxcap.com, vortex7.com, hdrusers.com, etc)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It's supposedly a crude HDR, from my understanding.

Here's what we have:

It's probably old and incomplete, but that's a start.

FarOutThere

It was so long ago now, maybe some old timers have rare details.

The Samarium bar magnet, for example, was this replaced with the "Barium Oxide" magnet later on? (In context of the Sonic Resonator, not just the HDR)

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I think what you’re looking for is neodymium magnets. All smart phones have neodymium magnets in them that are super tiny, there used in the speaker.

About 30 years ago I bought four neodymium number 35 which was the most powerful magnets at that time. The size was 2” x 2” x .50, the power of two of those would crush your finger if not careful.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Barium Oxide Is a very dangerous material, you need to research the dangerous side effects of being around or contaminated with this substance.

I been an Aerospace Engineer for many years and most military and government contracts contain the words: "No Barium Oxide Contamination Allowed' , As well as many other Dangerous substances.

FarOutThere

Barium Oxide Is a very dangerous material, you need to research the dangerous side effects of being around or contaminated with this substance.

I been an Aerospace Engineer for many years and most military and government contracts contain the words: "No Barium Oxide Contamination Allowed' , As well as many other Dangerous substances.

The magnet probably wasn't a Barium Oxide magnet because no such common magnetic material exists, especially for large magnets.

Barium ferrite, more likely, although no one has been able to confirm this.

FarOutThere

I guess there is no photo of a classic Sonic Resonator, inside or out.

A schematic is great, but I would sure be interested in how an original Gibbs device looked, among other similar details.