Strange Wakings

Negan

THE member
The other thread about sleep paralysis got me thinking to something I experience from time to time. I'm not sure if it's paranormal or not, it probably isn't but I'd like everyones input just the same.

Last time it happened was 2-3 weeks ago. I was in my girlfriends bed all comfy and sleeping tightly. My dream I was driving down my street on a motorcycle without a shirt on for some reason. It was dark out, but it wasn't anything scary. I remember how much I enjoyed the cool air thinking how comfortable it was. Then all of a sudden I wake up next to my girlfriend feeling extremely uncomfortable and vulnerable. It took a little effort going back to sleep after that.

Have no idea why this is. If it wasn't for the extremely uncomfortable feeling I get when I wake, I wouldn't think anything of it. But I literally feel exposed and vulnerable, like a rabbit in the middle of a field with no place to run scared of a bird of prey attacking any minute.

Negan

THE member
I'd also like to add to this, that for the past week I've been seeing flashes of lights every so often. This happens at night, and I know that when you're tired this can happen. But that's typically from the side of your vision, this is happening right in front of me. Not saying either of these things are paranormal, but my above post is unsettling. The lights are just off putting.

titorite

This sounds serious enough to warrant seeing a doctor over.

Cirrus

This sounds serious enough to warrant seeing a doctor over.

Agreed. Having this happen occasionally is one thing, but it sounds like an experience that is recurring. If this was occasional, then I would write it off more as just times where you're not completely "awake" after the dream which isn't unusual.

Negan

THE member
I appreciate the input. Luckily, hasn't happened as of late. But I've been thinking about telling my doctor about it. Not sure if I should include the strange feeling at night, or just the lights I tend to see.

Cirrus

I appreciate the input. Luckily, hasn't happened as of late. But I've been thinking about telling my doctor about it. Not sure if I should include the strange feeling at night, or just the lights I tend to see.

If I were in your shoes, I would include both the feeling and the lights. One might not necessarily have to do with the other, but you never know. But that's just me. I'm only a doctor of laws, so I'm not qualified to give medical advice :).