Supply checklist

Snow

Supply checklist

Here is John's advice:

"1. Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.
2. Do not kiss or have intimate relations with anyone you do not know.
3. Learn basic sanitation and water purification.
4. Be comfortable around firearms. Learn to shoot and clean a gun.
5. Get a good first aid kit and learn to use it.
6. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them.
7. Get a copy of the US Constitution and read it.
8. Eat less.
9. Get a bicycle and two sets of spare tires. Ride it 10 miles a week.
10. Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return."

Do that first . . . start there.

Notice what isn't on it too.

SFW

StarLord

Supply checklist

Your radios should be of the handcrank and solar power power source. You want to make sure it is shielded properly for both EMP instances and moisture. Do a check on the internet on how to shield electronic equipment for EMP. It is not that hard to do.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Supply checklist

Originally posted by Snow Fire Watches@Aug 14 2004, 05:16 PM
Here is John's advice:

\"1. Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.
6. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them.
8. Eat less.
10. Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return.\"

Do that first . . . start there.

Notice what isn't on it too.

SFW

If there is ever any one of these Titor survival points you are ever going to adhere to, make it this one. People survive all manner of distasters all around the world, without even a pot to ###### in. Take this advice, keep these friendships up and hope that you never need to rely on them.

Who wants to buddy up?

Judge Bean

Supply checklist

Originally posted by Grayson+Aug 14 2004, 09:49 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Snow Fire Watches@Aug 14 2004, 05:16 PM
Here is John's advice:

"1. Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.
8. Eat less.
10. Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return."

Do that first? . . . start there.

Notice what isn't on it too.?

SFW

If there is ever any one of these Titor survival points you are ever going to adhere to, make it this one. People survive all manner of distasters all around the world, without even a pot to ###### in. Take this advice, keep these friendships up and hope that you never need to rely on them.

Who wants to buddy up?
[snapback]6883[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

So I guess then that everyone has agreed to become preoccupied with surviving a nuclear holocaust, and scooting right past concern about the instigating cause. Great. Let's just throw in towel now, while it's still clean, and not worry ourselves with the preliminary destruction of society, which we can actually forestall with effort. Is it that no one wants to put out boring, daily effort? Fine. Somebody give me a call on the wireless after the fallout settles, and I'll bring over a boardgame and a few batteries and oatmeal.

There are many people within no more than five or ten miles with whom I would trust my life. Maybe I'm too trusting.

Lonewolf

Supply checklist

O.K., Paul, understand, while I believe it is possible to get some bad politicians out of office, getting ALL the bad politicians out of office is a gargantuan effort. That doesn't mean that I am giving up on it though.
I do believe that the civil war can be avoided, and the world war after that. However, to direct all energy towards any single course of action is to deny prepartaion for another. As John said, do not have complete faith in anything.

That being said, this is what I have put together in order to be capable of running for as long as I need to.
Three guns. One handgun, one rifle, one shotgun. A holster for the handgun placing it on my ribcage is part of my wear. The shotgun, when traveling, is carried under the left arm. The rifle has a shoulder strap and is carried muzzle up over the right shoulder, and is unloaded unless hunting.
My dress/common day wear - clean,dry socks. steal toed leather boots. Denim jeans covered by leather chaps. Cotton undershirt, then kevlar vest, then long sleeved cooton shirt, leather jacket. The upper body wear is varient upon risk and weather, as are the leather chaps.
My duffle bag is military issue, and can carry quite a bit (about 80 lbs if I fully loaded it, but it has about 40 in it now.) I have in it:
Bullets for all three weapons.
3 rolls of wax paper.
3 rolls of aliminum foil.
2 packages of rubber bands.
6 containers of tupperware with A/B soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, matches, and condoms(XL in size), 2 rolls dental floss.
3 packages cotton socks.
3 packages of underwear (12 pair in all).
3 pair of denim jeans.
4 cotton t-shirts.
2 boxes of ziplock bags.
Organic seeds, with mini shovel.
Water purification tablets.
Small boxes of matches.
Varient sizes of fishing hooks. two spools of line.
Disassembled fishing pole.
40 ft. of rope.
1 thin plastic tarp.

That's what I have now, I know I need to adjust it. And I do have copies of the constitution as well. I apologize for not listing them.

Judge Bean

Supply checklist

Originally posted by Lonewolf@Aug 16 2004, 12:14 PM
O.K., Paul, understand, while I believe it is possible to get some bad politicians out of office, getting ALL the bad politicians out of office is a gargantuan effort. That doesn't mean that I am giving up on it though.
I do believe that the civil war can be avoided, and the world war after that. However, to direct all energy towards any single course of action is to deny prepartaion for another. As John said, do not have complete faith in anything.

That being said, this is what I have put together in order to be capable of running for as long as I need to.
Three guns. One handgun, one rifle, one shotgun. A holster for the handgun placing it on my ribcage is part of my wear. The shotgun, when traveling, is carried under the left arm. The rifle has a shoulder strap and is carried muzzle up over the right shoulder, and is unloaded unless hunting.
My dress/common day wear - clean,dry socks. steal toed leather boots. Denim jeans covered by leather chaps. Cotton undershirt, then kevlar vest, then long sleeved cooton shirt, leather jacket. The upper body wear is varient upon risk and weather, as are the leather chaps.
My duffle bag is military issue, and can carry quite a bit (about 80 lbs if I fully loaded it, but it has about 40 in it now.) I have in it:
Bullets for all three weapons.
3 rolls of wax paper.
3 rolls of aliminum foil.
2 packages of rubber bands.
6 containers of tupperware with A/B soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, matches, and condoms(XL in size), 2 rolls dental floss.
3 packages cotton socks.
3 packages of underwear (12 pair in all).
3 pair of denim jeans.
4 cotton t-shirts.
2 boxes of ziplock bags.
Organic seeds, with mini shovel.
Water purification tablets.
Small boxes of matches.
Varient sizes of fishing hooks. two spools of line.
Disassembled fishing pole.
40 ft. of rope.
1 thin plastic tarp.

That's what I have now, I know I need to adjust it. And I do have copies of the constitution as well. I apologize for not listing them.

This is wonderful, don't get me wrong. But it looks like you're all set to survive all by yourself. You're not taking anyone with you. Don't you feel obligated to take some children or sick people?

StarLord

Supply checklist

Lonewolf,

I was doing just fine on that there list 'til the rain-coat size came up :D
I am assuming that you would use them as we used to, to keep water out of the barrel when playing hide and kill.VBEG
Your list is not bad. I would suggest waterproof matches only as they repel any kind of moisture, Sulfa powder. Bacitracin. Antifungal agents. Penicilin (liquid) and Works. Very good hand Axe. Carborundum Stone. Surgical Rubber tubeing.

That for the list.

However, I am with Paul on this. If you get enough people preparing both mentally and supply wise for a nuclear debacle, and they in turn infect others, it is possible that one could creat the right atmophere for such to come about.

On the otherhand, if you have people forwarned and forarmed with their rights and knowledge regarding what the govt is allowed to pull and what they can't pull, a totally different atmosphere is created. I always remember something my father told me many years ago, "Right, Is Might". If you are in the right, and you know you are in the right, and there are a few million of you, fed up and right, that sure sounds like a irrefutable source of impeachment energy to me.

I say keep the towel.

Lonewolf

Supply checklist

Condoms are always used for waterproofing, the dental floss for tieing them shut. Sorry about the miscommunication on that.

YES, the HGTTG does say that a towel is the most useful item that a hitchiker can have. Sorry I didn't list it.

Judge Bean

Supply checklist

Originally posted by Lonewolf@Aug 16 2004, 03:58 PM
Condoms are always used for waterproofing, the dental floss for tieing them shut.

This sounds terribly painful, but I can see that there'd be little other use for them in a postnuclear world populated by cultists and blind cockroaches.

Lonewolf

Supply checklist

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Aug 16 2004, 09:37 AM
This is wonderful, don't get me wrong. But it looks like you're all set to survive all by yourself. You're not taking anyone with you. Don't you feel obligated to take some children or sick people?

I will bring my children but they will have their own set of supplies, as will each person that wishes to travel with me. Surviving alone is impossible, but being completely dependent on another is equally bad.