Switching to alternate timeliness in your sleep

Crystalbutterfly

Hi, I'm new here but have been lurker for a while now, I'm not in anyway going to claim to be some time traveller or special person haha I'm just plain boring me. I've read alot and watched alot on the mandela effect aswell as parallel universes and came across something that claimed that you could travel to an alternate unerverse while you sleep if that makes sense.

I wondered what people's views on this are is it possible? Has anyone achieved this? I am sometimes a lucid dreamer and can suffer from sleep paralysis if I force myself to wake up quickly from not so nice dreams.

Last night I had a weird dream I couldn't control what was happening but I was feeling the emotions and could physically feel things it was about my ex who was emotionally/mentally/physically abusive, In my dream we were still together and living in our old house and he was accusing me of cheating on him from someone I worked with (I didn't recognise this man who I was supposedly having an affair with) and later in my dream my abusive ex went after this poor bloke and beat him up quite badly to the point I had to ring for an ambulance and my ex did a runner from the police, also during this dream one of my cousins had died in a car accident (in this reality he's alive) it all felt so real though to the point I woke up quite confused and trying to work out what was real and not.

Now I'm not saying this dream was a different time line in fact it could have been and probably was just a dream but it got me thinking about alternate unerverse etc. As I'd still be trapped in that abusive relationship now if social services hadn't helped me escape and my ex used to accuse me of cheating on him with people I worked with aswell so it makes me think if this had been an alternate reality could this have been the reality now of I'd chosen to stay with him.

I look forward to reading people's opinions or similar experiences

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I've had dreams that felt so right, so real... that had such a high level of complexity and details, that they felt like they took place inside a universe of their own. When I would wake up, it felt so real... then I'd realize it was just a dream, and feel that warm familiar feeling of being back to my regular reality. You post reminded me of such dreams, thought I'd share.

Not all dreams are like that.

Are you able to lucid dream, purely by accident? Or are you able to make it happen, somehow?

Crystalbutterfly

Purely by accident sometimes I know I'm dreaming and I can control it or force myself to wake up if it's a nightmare however that's when I end up suffering from sleep paralysis. it's not something I've trained my mind to do though. I didn't know it was called lucid dreaming until about a month ago ☺

Remnant

Timelines and universes are two very different things and I'm not sure which you're asking about. The former is nearly impossible if not impossible to do and has never been recorded or verified. However , the latter is very possible. One astrally jumps to another universe temporarily simply by sleeping. It's usually the 1982 (colloquially referred to as The Dreamlands) however it's very possible to end up in other universes as well.

Lucid dreams however are slightly different and far more complicated.

not_a_DJ

probably. You made me remind of a dream where my dad dies suddenly, mom and me were distressed and crying. But here is him, fine and alive.
I don't know, there are a lot of probabilities everyday of happen things.

I think there is a lace between these kind of dreams and the plans or choices of the people. Look, a lot of years ago I dreamt many times with an airplane crash. It was after the 9/11. one day I clearly remember I was walking on the street with my dad, we were happy. It was a,nice day, suddenly I turn my head to the sky above us and there was an airplane disintegrating in the air and I could see the small parts as many color lights. If you think it twice, it was funny, but dude, there are people dying in front of you.

Time after, on the news, there was this guy who was a jet pilot and he was suffering from depression. On the flight he drove the airplane fully loaded with passengers and fell straght down to crash against the mountains. He committed suicide by flying his damn airplane, killing himself and everyone.
Try to think about how many years he was living like that, flying and thinking of committing suicide everytime he was piloting.
I think the days I dreamt the air crashes, he took the choice of committing suicide. Then, possibly, he repeant.

its about a recurrent idea, causing somebody to make a choice, and then a different path is opened.

timecore

Somebody said youtube if you are thinking something before you fall sleep that you could control reality.
I thought about strong winds before i slept and it happened the next day.but it has been really hard for me to do.I wonder if that would qualify as alternate timeline switching.

The Fifth

Perhaps it is connected to the mandela effect as i have experienced as well . The issue with me is that i die in sleep in the same way and every time i wake up i remember something is different around me.My death was caused by a bright circle on the sky from the same direction (south) every time (something big what burned bright that was spheroid - died of incineration not impact- .When i woke up i could not breathe for a second, it was not my heart , it was my lungs that took my breath. I say we have a fixed point in death that can't be taken away so we jump world lines untill we reach THAT END.

Lennie5

Happens all the time, it is simply that we rarely notice because the time lines /parallel dimensions call it what you will are so similar, that unless something specially catches your attention you might not even know.

Sylvir

I had a similar sounding experience to you when I was on a certain medication for a short period of time. I eventually got to a situation where I honestly couldn't tell if I was awake or asleep because the dreams that I was having were so vivid and real and just took place in a different place. I am not sure how to explain it. I got off the medication after a short time and the situation ended pretty quickly (or I at least began to not remember the dreams if they are still going on in the same fashion any longer.)

It was the strangest thing though because I was in this dream where i had another wife and different kids and things were all different but the same at the same time. My immediate family and siblings etc were the same but my whole life and experiences and what I was doing with my life etc. were so different. Yet I felt these feelings towards the other people in the "dream" like it was reality where I had been forever. I never really opened up to anyone else about these experiences before, Is it possible that I could have been slipping into another timeline or dimension? maybe that the medication was helping me to slip into this deep sleep scary for me to have this happen? Or could it have just been really really vivid dreams that were purely imagination? I don't know maybe its true that is all it was, but it was much different than most dreams ive ever had in my life, I have at a few times since and before had similar type feelings in dreams but it was only the consistent that i could remember it for that time period I was on the medication that I no longer take. Thanks for any info, and thank you for sharing your story as it reminded me of my experiences and I thought that I would share them as well to help give something to think about for your experiences as well as others here, thanks!

Sylvir

Happens all the time, it is simply that we rarely notice because the time lines /parallel dimensions call it what you will are so similar, that unless something specially catches your attention you might not even know.
are you saying that when we dream we can easily cross over and that is what our "dreams" are is just our adventuring in that universe while we sleep and are unaware of what is going on? There are a few occasions when i have lucid "dreamed" when i knew what was going on and some of those times i can make anything happen just by thinking it and others i cant it is as if i am in waking state of reality where the laws and physics of the area still apply. other times when i realize im dreaming i can just make anything happen with seemingly no rules or boundaries for that.