Team America: World Police.

PyRo99

Team America: World Police. In a short way of putting, what an excellent movie. That is, if you aren't offended easily. Ahh, and the funny thing is, most of what it says, is all too true.

SEE IT. :)

Unintentional

I will see it. I love the tag lines: "we will save you... to death!"

A scene where Paris has been decimated by Team America and one of the team members surveying the massive damage merely comments..."Musta missed!"

Earlier in the same scene: "Hey you in the robes! Put down the WMD and then lay down on the ground!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PyRo99

LOL. Ahh yes the infamous Paris Scene. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great Movie, everyone seeeeeee it.

smokeringhalo

Originally posted by PyRo99@Oct 17 2004, 10:43 AM
LOL. Ahh yes the infamous Paris Scene. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great Movie, everyone seeeeeee it.

Personally the title turned me off.
If you can find a more neo-conish title for a movie I'd like to hear it.
What a great message for the kids.

Cornelia

Pyro and Smuda are my favourite movie critics: if they like a movie, I'm definitely NOT going to see it! :lol: :lol:

August

It is an excellent commentary on our current government/culture.

best scene: Team America destroys paris and informs: everything is ok! we have beaten the terrorists!

best device: they are all on strings. get it?

best line: "great work team! lets go back to the base and celebrate with music and cocktails!"

I recommend this film.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I'll wait to rent this one. I want to see it, but not enough to pay 15 bucks for Sheena and I.

Unintentional

The only thing bad about the movie is that there is too much swearing. If they cleaned up the language and brought in at a PG rating, this movie would have easily done 200 to 300 million dollars by now. This will be a totally awesome family recommended movie when it gets Wal-Martized or perhaps viewed on a VCR with TV-Guardian.

CaryP

Originally posted by August@Nov 17 2004, 11:33 PM
It is an excellent commentary on our current government/culture.

best scene: Team America destroys paris and informs: everything is ok! we have beaten the terrorists!

best device: they are all on strings. get it?

best line: \"great work team! lets go back to the base and celebrate with music and cocktails!\"

I recommend this film.

Got to admire the man's insights. I haven't seen the movie, but probably will when it comes out on DVD. I think you nailed it here August. Art imitating life as the expression goes.

The only thing bad about the movie is that there is too much swearing.

Uni, IMO there can almost never be too much swearing. I'm not trying to get cross ways here, but they're just words. And you don't need the "words" to have the same effect on people. We've just been trained/conditioned to see the "words" as bad. Nothing bad in them. Just our social conditioning is all. Think about it. No response requested, just my thoughts.

Cary