Telekinetic Ability Test?

kurisu

So I saw this video and, said what the heck and, decided to try it basically he tells you to do a couple of things and, you do them and, it's to test whether or not you have an ability or not.

1. Shuffle the deck 7 times
2. Cut the deck 7 times unless you have a french poodle if you do then, don't cut the cards
3. Name any of the cards only the values ( 8 , king , queen etc. ) once you do that say them out loud 7 times
4. ( see video for proper explanations )

I decided to try it and, it was interesting to test the first cards I guess were 7 and, a Ace when, I looked through the deck I found 2 pairs of them. I decided to write it off as chance and, decided to go into further testing. I did it once again and, guessed 7 and, a Jack and, found 1 pair. Once again I did and, picked 8 and, a Queen and, again found 1 pair.

I was always told if you want to validate it try it at least 3 times if you can do it at least 3 times in a row then, you probably nailed it.

It's a interesting test and, I would like to know your thoughts regarding it and, if you try it what your results were. I'm not sure on the exact probability but, I would think the chances of you guess a pair and, it coming true would be pretty low.

ALOG

I tested the test, by making one change after the first go. The first time I did it, I found a pair of aces and eights in the middle, just like it was supposed to. So I tried it again, except minus the pair I found. I continued the test again for the same numbers. With only three aces and three eights left, the formula did not work in every try afterward. This leads me to suggest it is the result of a basic algorithm. When you deduct the successes of the configuration from the following attempts, the probable positions of the cards are too far apart to produce the illusion.

The french poodle reference is an interesting metaphor suggestion. The purpose of it seems to be the implantation of the idea that the trick hinges on one's sense of self worth. Combined with the slight whistling sound the presenter makes while distracting you with his fingers, the video appears only to be a call for spectators. An advertisement for the presenter, while the trick based in algorithm is guaranteed to work - the presenter focuses on making sure you come back to him for further entrancement. In short, he is whistling to people like Dogs.

titorite

You want a real telekinetic test ? OK. Here is the real test. Go outside in the day time and find your self a cloud . Not a big cloud but rather a small powder puff cloud... Stare at that cloud. Will that cloud to dissipate. Then find another one.. also small. Repeat the instructions. Will that second cloud to dissipate.

When you're done come back here and thank me for showing you that.

Shuffling cards is no test of telekinetic ability but rather ones grifting skill.