Tesla Coil Anomaly

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I did this experiment with a Tesla coil quite a while ago. At the time the coil discharge seemed very odd. I had held a screwdriver close to the output electrode on the Tesla coil. The discharge wasn't normal. The screwdriver emitted a spark along with the output electrode on the coil. Both seemed to discharge to a point in space. The odd part was that the path the sparks took was almost at right angles to each other. It seemed pretty consistent and repeatable. So I took a short video of the anomaly. It helps to start and stop the video several times when it happens to catch it in the act:

This Tesla coil is one I made that puts out negative voltage. The voltage is below the ground state of the local environment. About 50,000 volts by my estimate. What is odd is the angle of interaction between the two sparks. The only other observation of an angle occurring that I can think of is when there is a positron-electron pair production with a high energy gamma ray photon. The two particles split off from the gamma photon at right angles to each other. But that pair production is made of a particle of matter and a particle of antimatter. So this observation with the Tesla coil does suggest that I could be looking at an antimatter reaction because of the angle of interaction. After all there is a large voltage potential difference between the electrons in the screwdriver and the electrons coming out of the Tesla coil. The potential difference is no where near what is present during pair production. It may take that level of potential difference to produce an annihilation reaction. Which could be an explanation of where all the antimatter is in the universe. It's all still here. Just in an energy depleted state with normal matter. Unable to recombine until sufficient energy levels are attained.

Obviously some type of interaction is going on. I think this little anomaly is something that could be really investigated further. Like is this a physical example of the weak force at work? Can the electron be made to change its charge with the use of a Tesla coil?

TimeFlipper

I really enjoy seeing your mechanical engineering skills mate (Your Tesla Coil) (y) :cool:..

Regarding the positron/electron coupling, i think you overlooked that with negative voltages there is a lack of electrons.

You need to show more of your engineering skills to our members :).

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Regarding the positron/electron coupling, i think you overlooked that with negative voltages there is a lack of electrons.

I agree totally. I was suggesting with this experiment that there was a matter antimatter reaction going on. We do agree that it is positive voltage that rips electrons away from atoms. But wouldn't positrons behave in an opposite manner? One would think that it would be negative voltage that would rip positrons away from atoms. So what I was suggesting that since I was showing a negative voltage Tesla coil in action, that the output could be positrons. It is just a hypothesis merely created to account for the observed angled interaction between sparks emitted from both the screwdriver and the Tesla coil electrode.

You must know by now that I like to connect real observable facts to my theories. Something that the scientific community does not do. So are there any more observations that might support my idea that matter and antimatter coexist together in an energy depleted state? I can think of one. A star going Nova. No one has come up with an explanation of how so much energy can be released so rapidly. The energy output is said to be greater than all the other stars in the galaxy combined. But if all the matter in a star was comprised of half antimatter, then once reaction conditions are met, the whole star turns into a huge release of energy.

TimeFlipper

@Einstein I should have added that because there are no electrons within negative voltage, then the negative voltage should have neutralized the positrons, just like negative voltages reduces any problems with positive lightning strikes (or electrical circuits) that could find their pesky little selfs getting into your equipment, or into my personal radio transceivers :D..

I do like the hypothesis you wrote in your second paragraph though (y)

Last edited: