The 40+ Club

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I'm 42.
I still play top level sport but I definitely noted a slow down over the last 18 months or so. Some of these fit young whipper-snappers starting to grind out wins against me but there is still no substitute for experience!
I would say I was about 38ish when I started looking in the mirror and saying, 'man, your starting to look old'. I still feel about 25 but I find it hard to shake the injuries these days. I used to get a pull or a twist, I'd ice it and the next day I was brand new but now those same knocks and twists take days, sometimes weeks to shift. :(
I look in the mirror everyday SP and ask it who is the fairest of them all.....and it still keeps showing my reflection :D

I couldn't help but notice that you neglected to mention if your reflection replied to your question, or just silently glared back at you.

TimeFlipper

I would say I was about 38ish when I started looking in the mirror and saying, 'man, your starting to look old'. :(
I remember looking at a distant mirror realizing that what I saw looked like my dad...but he was an old guy. lol
It was a weird experience and to think I use to think that anyone over 30 was over the hill.
Im sure you remember the line in that song My Generation Dawg...Its still relevant to me at this very moment in time...hope i die before i get old, talking about my ggggeneration :D

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Ok, who has reading glasses? I might bite the bullet and pick some up this weekend. I need them to cut my son's nails and to dig in my jewelry box. LOL.

TnWatchdog

Ok, who has reading glasses? I might bite the bullet and pick some up this weekend. I need them to cut my son's nails and to dig in my jewelry box. LOL.
I have glasses as I realized, for me, that joining the 40+ club was like a car running out of warranty...adjustments were needed to maintain a smooth ride. lol
I first found out I needed them when things were blurred and everytime I read a book or was on the computer I got a headache, big time. When I got my glasses I asked the lady to show me the top two popular styles and picked one out quickly as I hate spending time in stores.

TnWatchdog

@PaulaJedi Here is an idea for cool glasses that might interest you. I came in from working outside and saw these people on the Dr Oz show, that happened to be on. I don't know who these people are but they were the Preachers of Atlanta, a TV show or whatever.
20160128_154327.jpg

Wind7

Staff

No reading glasses...yet.:cautious:

But in this day and age,
if only they could invent a remote to find the remote gone missing....! Lol!:rolleyes:

(Or at least make them appear a little
less like a phone to narrow down the likelihood of answering the wrong device...ahem...)o_0::LOL::

Itheblaze

The Little Boy and the Old Man: By Shel Silverstein,

Said the little boy, "Sometimes I drop my spoon."
Said the old man, "I do that too."
The little boy whisperd, "I wet my pants."
"I do that too," Laughed the little old man.
Said the little boy, "I often cry."
The old man nodded, "So do I."
"But worst of all," said the boy, "it seems
Grown-ups don't pay attention to me."
And he felt the warmth of a wrinkled old hand.
"I know what you mean." said the little old man.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

No reading glasses...yet.:cautious:

But in this day and age,
if only they could invent a remote to find the remote gone missing....! Lol!:rolleyes:

(Or at least make them appear a little
less like a phone to narrow down the likelihood of answering the wrong device...ahem...)o_0::LOL::

My remote is an app on my phone. So, I spend a lot of time using an online program to locate my phone. lol

TimeFlipper

@PaulaJedi Here is an idea for cool glasses that might interest you. I came in from working outside and saw these people on the Dr Oz show, that happened to be on. I don't know who these people are but they were the Preachers of Atlanta, a TV show or whatever.
View attachment 2910

:eek: Good grief. :confused:

Those are some ugly glasses!!!!
Agreed Paula, they couldnt turn on a guy who had not had female company for 30years lol :eek::D