The afterlife, with a foreword by bats!

Condar

The afterlife, with a foreword by bats!

Foreword: Squeek, Squak, Sqeeeeeee, nao, bnap, ploop, scueeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

I couldn't have said it any better Branden. But now lets be serious. Ohh those crazy BATS!! :D

Now I decided this topic was quiet lonely so I've decided to fill it up with a thread about what I think, and what you all are going to think soon enough if I have anything to do with it. (Oi, cocky I am) So what happens after you die? Great question, do we know? Nope. Will we ever... maybe. I say maybe because if there is life after death, you'll know it. If there isn't then umm you won't.

I won't lie this debate he scared the shit out of me since I was 10, wondering if I die is that it. Poof! I'm gone. It's a scary thought to just suddenly not exist anymore. In fact just saying it makes me hope that I'm freakin' wrong and that there is a god and he loves us and wants us to live eternally in heaven. But I'm a bit too scientific to believe that. But being a science guy theres another side to that particular sword. And it all boils down to energy.

It is said that energy can not be destroyed. Well is our conscientiousness energy? What is it that really gives us that energy to begin with? I know, eating, drinking, calories and all that jazz. But what makes us alive? What "spark" is in us that isn't in a rock, or metal. Or rain, or oxygen. What really sets us apart. How can we physically be without something else. I know that a pulse in my brain is sending signals to my arms and fingers to write this, but is that part of me just a natural extension of my body, or is it something more, a soul.

Fundamental questions for a question that can never be truly answered. Some say they have died and were sent back to do good deeds. Some say they've seen ghosts, and they are proof of a life after death. But for me, neither of these things have happened to me. I've never really experienced anything supernatural. All I have are best guesses, but I suppose thats all science is is a series of best guesses until someone can come up with a better one.

I'm not going to throw my hat into any which way on this debate because frankly I don't know, I deal with theoreticals and I always have. At this moment my best guess is poof, now were here, now were not. But tell me thats not a terrible waste of space.

(And I'm not one to brag but woot! 100th Post, eat it Webnower!)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: The Afterlife, with a foreword by Bats!

Personally, I can't believe we're only made out of flesh. I mean, are we existing for at least one reason ? The human mind is too much complex to be that simple. There must be something after life, that's why it's "physical death". We can't be sure, so I'm not sure about that, but I think there must be something. What, how ? I don't know.

I'm not necessarily talking about hell and heaven. It might be something like reincarnation.

Num7

Condar

Exactly Num, if I may call you Num. Theres got to be something, anything. If not what a waste of space am I right? What a waste of great minds and interesting characters. I really do hope it is reincarnation... but if there is.. is it really you? Will your conscientious be intact? Your memory won't I suppose... but will you be you?

Num7

Administrator
Staff

It would be sad if all the wisdom and knowledge aquired in a life time was lost. I can hardly believe that it's the case. All that time, and all these efforts for almost nothing. We talking in a very egoist way, but in the end, we are facing death alone, in a certain way.

Wherever it goes, it must not be lost.

Wasn't Edgar Cayce talking about reincarnation ? I think the way he sees it might be right. It was about ancient minds getting reincarnated in our days, and facing the same kind of challanges they faced in ancient times.

Num7

Condar

Well all I can say is that I want to believe and I'd give anything to believe in something else, I hope for it. But I know one day I'll be ready for the end, however it comes. But that day is not today. Not today at all.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

That makes me think of the dead Jedis in Star Wars. :)
It could be something like that, except for their appearances as ghosts like Ben Kenobi. They are one with the Force.

Num7

Condar

That would be interesting.. kinda like the idea of Gaia, that the Earth itself is alive and when we die we go back into the earth to live on. I don't know too much about that but it seems that it could be a possibility. But how would that work? A collective conscientiousness? You'd think we'd be able to tap into that somehow... or maybe we are and we just don't know it... so many interesting questions, and never enough answers.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Maybe people with psychic powers are in some way communicating with that collective Gaia. There are some people who feel sick when something bad happens to one of their relatives, or close friends. Just a thought.

Num7 !

Condar

Yeah thats exactly what I was think as well. My dad kinda had a weird experience when his mother died and I don't know ever since then things have been turned upside down for me and I don't know what to think, all I can do is ask more questions :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff

That's interesting.
Did your father had any weird experiences earlier in his life ?