The American Book of the Dead

Eugene Myers

Dear Time Travel Forum,

I?m from the year 2020. I have started a new blog. It?s just underway.

http://theamericanbook.blogspot.com

A History of the Future: World War III, UFOs, and life after death, written by someone who has witnessed it all firsthand.

I am not another Titor. I?m not overly concerned with proving my legitimacy and answering debunkers. I do, however, have something to say. I hope you can take the time to visit.

Eugene Myers

PyRo99

When does WWIII Start?

When does it End? (WWIII)

What is the world like after this whole extravaganza?

PyRo

Phoenix

It looks like you are a science fiction writer from the blog. Welcome to the board. How did you find us?

Do you wish to claim yourself as a time traveler?

If so please fill out the time travel roster here.
http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...php?showtopic=9

Answer the sincere questions here.
http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...php?showtopic=8

Be sure to read up on our rules
http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...php?showtopic=4

especially those pertaining to time travelers
http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...php?showtopic=5

Snow

Maybe I got it wrong, but from the blog what I understood was Eugene wrote a fiction book which turned out to be non-fiction. Now he realizes he is channelling . . . interesting . . .

He is kinda spamming the boards though.

From the edge or maybe a little beyond . . .

SFW

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Snow Fire Watches@Jul 26 2004, 09:48 PM
Maybe I got it wrong, but from the blog what I understood was Eugene wrote a fiction book which turned out to be non-fiction. Now he realizes he is channelling . . . interesting . . .

He is kinda spamming the boards though.

From the edge or maybe a little beyond . . .

SFW

I've written perhaps a dozen books, one of them a poem over a thousand pages long. Only two or three are in a form fit for revision, to say nothing of publication. One is being published, and the poem is just about finished. I also have started to write many, many stories, some of them no longer than a few pages. Perhaps Eugene has discovered what I have: in the course of the creation of a piece of writing, you often have no idea what it is, how long it's going to be, or whether it's based mostly on fiction. Even stories supposed to be completely fiction are filled with converted autobiography.

But when he says he is from 2020, and makes this unequivocal, and invites communication about it (or is it just that he is inviting customers?), he has either decided that the story is creating him, or that he is able to create reality by an act of the imagination. I think that this is the bind Boris found himself in, on the old Board. If the story is creating him, then the story is able to create reality--fiction making nonfiction.

So the question is, are we to play host to this theory of timetravel-- that is, are we willing to entertain the idea that one can travel through time by an act of the imagination? As a corollary, are we willing to entertain the idea that things happen in reality which derive from no known physical or worldly source?

In a universe of parallel universes or timelines, it is plausible that Eugene has become a creature of his own story; Vonnegut used to play around with this idea, and had to go to the extent of killing off one of his own recurring characters, a science fiction writer named Kilgore Trout. Trout, by the way, has a science fiction novel you can buy at the bookstore; he is also a character invented by Vonnegut, and appears in his novels (e.g., Slaughterhouse Five; Breakfast of Champions).

The mind itself has parallel universes, fictional experiences recorded as memories, fantasies which scarcely remain submerged, and interpretations of events entirely contradictory to what others recall. You would need the interaction of others to complete any number of inchoate narratives or suspicions or histories. This is why Titor needed to go online.

StarLord

Paul,

That is a very interesting premise. We have seen countless examples of fiction becoming nonfiction. Jules Verne wrote of Submarines and Rocket Ships many decades before their actual manufacture. Ray Bradbury, Iassic Asminov, Robert Heinlein, Andre Norton, Leonardo Davinci (the list is endless)...... Have All written about concepts, items, ideas, inventions way before their time only to have those same ideas come to life here in this day and age.

The theory goes: If you can conceive it, it can become a posibility, it is only a matter of time. And, yes virginia, even time travel. Although, I will have to believe it before I see it.

Are these works of fiction actually prophecy that have used the author to facilitate their own egress into reality? Who is the actual author? Do the ideas stimulate the author untill they are finally free of the mental process?

Part of the creative process in writing is having one's identity blend so closely with the actual work being produced we truly become that work, poem, song, story.

So who is doing the dreaming, has a man fallen asleep and dreams he is a butterfly, or is it the butterfly dreaming it is a man dreaming?

Regardless of the time line of creation, The Lawyers Of Fate Demand A Loophole In Every Prophecy.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by StarLord@Jul 28 2004, 08:37 PM
Paul,

....I will have to believe it before I see it.

Regardless of the time line of creation, The Lawyers Of Fate Demand A Loophole In Every Prophecy.

"Yeah, I'll see it when I believe it."

I have applied to appear in h. vice before the bar in the state of suspended reanimation just for this purpose, to wit, to argue before its highest court that That which is foretold cannot have been foreseen.

StarLord

Not an easy task, that. Still, as per usual I suspect you will rise to the moment and outshine the dark side my friend.

However, I am still convinced that without the answers which we came with at birth, we would have no questions in life for it has been shown unto me that the answer is, way before the question comes to mind.

I am an brigand in consciousness and an outlaw in three states of my mind.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by StarLord@Jul 29 2004, 02:47 PM
Not an easy task, that. Still, as per usual I suspect you will rise to the moment and outshine the dark side my friend.

However, I am still convinced that without the answers which we came with at birth, we would have no questions in life for it has been shown unto me that the answer is, way before the question comes to mind.

I am an brigand in consciousness and an outlaw in three states of my mind.

I am appointed to represent you in your extradition hearing in front of the faceless magistrate. The only issue is whether you may be the one they claim you are not, since the charges in the original state are related to theft of identity and false impersonation.

Your defense is secured. Believe everything you read.