The Bacon Thread

What do you have with your bacon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZeoEmeraude

I decided that it was about time that this forum had a bacon lovers thread. Yes, you read it right folks, a thread devoted to the art, love, and uses of the world's most universal meat.......bacon. So post your photos, recipes, or just stop on by and share your love for the salty, smoky, crispy goodness that is bacon.

NerdyGilr3

I tend to cook bacon in a more traditional way. Eggs + Toasts + Bacon = Yummy. Sandwich Club + Bacon = Extra Yummy!
I like carbonara pastas too!
How do you cook yours, Zeo? Microwave? Stove-top? Oven? Tell us your secrets about the Holy Bacon!! :) lol

ZeoEmeraude

I like cooking it old-school...cast iron skillet. The iron gives the perfect amount of heat needed. The thicker the cut, the better. I never overcook bacon...it gets harder the more you cook it....For perfect bacon, slightly under-cook it. As it rests, it reaches the right amount of crispiness and chewiness. I also chop it up and add it to waffle batter. (for more bacon nirvana, I use a bacon flavored shortening when making pancakes, waffles, etc.) If your local grocer does not have bacon flavored shortening, riot and boycott until they sell it. Or you could always save the grease when you cook your bacon. I also wrap it over chicken, shrimp, beef, cheese (deep fry), just about anything. I could go on...but its making me hungry.

Yes indeed, cooking "down east, smokehouse cured bacon" is an "art" that one seldom comes across these days. Have been cooking my own for sometime and if the truth be told, am qquite good at it, Plus I do a good job with scramble eggs. I dislike the butchering process that getting bacon requires, same for sausage, but we were talking bacon weren't we?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
A friend of mine posted this on Facebook this morning, it's the breakfast of the champion:

394940_345107378841118_100000255764810_1324753_22156472_n.jpg

It made me think of Zeo and this topic.

ZeoEmeraude

Now that's my kind of breakfast....Only, I think it could use a few more slices of bacon...I can still see the plate.

What do you think they killed the pig with?:ROFLMAO: Secondly, over here, well down here, it is an unwritten rule that what is shown is not "messed with" except by the one who ordered it. Also, gotta get another plug in for "country sausage", don't know if ya'll get much over there but it is part of a staple breakfast and frankly, I perfer it to bacon, more spice, easier to cook, plus if there are any left, they go ri ght well stuffed between 2 halves of country biscuits but don't get me started with "country biscuits" instead of toast. :ROFLMAO: