The Covert War Against Rock n' Roll

cyberdude

See attached PDF file.

Attachments

• The Covert War Against Rock_ What You Don't Know About the Deaths pf rock Stars (2000).pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 8

cyberdude

How do I know that this was not made by the people behind the conspiracy in order to install spyware in our devices?
Whatever are you talking about? The article has nothing to do with spyware. After the Twin Towers were imploded back in 2001, the Patriot Act was created, for the sole purpose of massive surveillance of the population of the USA (see Edward Snowden revelations.) Because off the Patriot Act, any and all types of spyware are now in play through every sort of media & digital device possible. That's what got spyware started.

Beholder

Whatever are you talking about? The article has nothing to do with spyware. After the Twin Towers were imploded back in 2001, the Patriot Act was created, for the sole purpose of massive surveillance of the population of the USA (see Edward Snowden revelations.) Because off the Patriot Act, any and all types of spyware are now in play through every sort of media & digital device possible. That's what got spyware started.
PDF documents can contain trojan horses when you open them for reading, so I don't open unless I know their original source. There was even an exploit in Jpeg images that crashed phones beyond recovery by going out of bound in the YUV transform table, which repeated a kernel level crash forcing a whole system restart each time the image was shown as the wallpaper.

cyberdude

PDF documents can contain trojan horses when you open them for reading, so I don't open unless I know their original source. There was even an exploit in Jpeg images that crashed phones beyond recovery by going out of bound in the YUV transform table, which repeated a kernel level crash forcing a whole system restart each time the image was shown as the wallpaper.
Oh - Ok then - I see what you're getting at. You are saying that the article itself may have spyware installed in the PDF file itself. Well yes, of course that could be. But what can you do? It isn't practical to spend the rest of your life avoiding PDF files because most books and articles. except for epub files are authored in PDF format. Besides, all you have to do to be safe is to scan the PDF file with your anti-virus software. I like using Kaspersky, because it works like a charm.

MODAT7

Whatever are you talking about?
@Beholder kinda has a dry and sarcastic sense of humor like I do. We usually make points that are a bit off the edge. It's nothing to worry about.

There are ways to reprint PDFs back to a PDF that will strip out most of the virus potential, but it always makes them bigger and sometimes the images will go down a generation in quality. I normally use a viewer in linux that doesn't support evil javascript, anyways, so I don't worry about it too much.