The Crystal Resonator

Mayhem

Zenith
Activate your crystal by sound.

Description: Body Healing Frequency: 2675Hz - "The Crystal Resonator". A subharmonic of the frequency of quartz crystal. Extremely effective for charging and clearing quartz crystals . Activates aspects of the auric field. To charge the Crystal there is no need to listen the audio, place the Crystal close to the sound source, using low volume.

cyberdude

There is no one single frequency that applies to all quartz crystals. The frequency of any particular crystal is determined by the shape and size of the crystal that is created during the cutting and faceting process. I used to work at Clark Crystals in Marlborough MA, where machines with fine cutting blades and faceting burnishers would shape crystals to the desired frequency required by our customers.

MODAT7

There is no one single frequency that applies to all quartz crystals. The frequency of any particular crystal is determined by the shape and size of the crystal that is created during the cutting and faceting process. I used to work at Clark Crystals in Marlborough MA, where machines with fine cutting blades and faceting burnishers would shape crystals to the desired frequency required by our customers.
How did you determine and verify the audio resonance frequency? Just tap it, record, then count the waves? My crystal sounds like a dud when doing this, though.

What I'm more interested in is the electrical resonance point if used in a circuit. I've heard the quartz crystal structure might act like a capacitor, but since it doesn't really hold a charge like a typical capacitor, it would probably have to be used at resonance... But I'm unsure how to test and find this frequency for any given crystal. I'd also like to not trigger piezo electric properties of the crystal in this configuration as the energy would be converted to a mechanical force instead of staying purely electrical.

cyberdude

How did you determine and verify the audio resonance frequency? Just tap it, record, then count the waves? My crystal sounds like a dud when doing this, though.

What I'm more interested in is the electrical resonance point if used in a circuit. I've heard the quartz crystal structure might act like a capacitor, but since it doesn't really hold a charge like a typical capacitor, it would probably have to be used at resonance... But I'm unsure how to test and find this frequency for any given crystal. I'd also like to not trigger piezo electric properties of the crystal in this configuration as the energy would be converted to a mechanical force instead of staying purely electrical.
The frequency of the quartz crystal was determined by inputting the numerical value of the desired frequency into an analog type of computer system, as digital computers were still about 10 years away at that time (1969), and the cutting machine would cut the crystal to the desired resonant frequency, based on the value of the numerical input. There are a couple of youtube videos you might be interested in here ---
and here

MODAT7

I was thinking more along the lines of gem type quartz instead of quartz used for clocks, but the second vid is pretty good. I have a bunch of quartz clock crystals in my parts box from salvage I'll need to test someday. For those I was thinking about the usual xtal inverter driver and loading capacitors sent to a frequency counter. The second vid was interesting in showing the 3x harmonic. Do you know what the extra spikes were after that harmonic in the graph?

cyberdude

I haven't got the slightest idea on how to find the resonant frequency of gem type of quartz. The closest thing I could find was this youtube video. But this "life meter" doesn't measure frequency, it just gives out an arbitrary number relative to other gem crystals, as you can see.

MODAT7

I haven't got the slightest idea on how to find the resonant frequency of gem type of quartz. The closest thing I could find was this youtube video. But this "life meter" doesn't measure frequency, it just gives out an arbitrary number relative to other gem crystals, as you can see.
The "life meter" is probably something else in reality and "repurposed". Oddly it seems to only have one wire going to its antenna platform. It may be frequency based or just a wide band antenna connected to an overly sensitive amplifier. Makes me wonder how it would respond to a piece of metal or wood. It could be a good stud finder for the walls.

One thing I did notice about my test piece of gem quartz is that it will show about 4mV DC on my volt meter. It doesn't matter what direction the probes are placed, the voltage is always positive, which is odd. It can be end to end or side to side. I find this interesting. There might be potential environmental energy harvesting here that I'm picking up, but if I do the test close to my computer, the voltage doesn't change. I may be reading thermal energy causing a mild piezo effect in the crystal lattice. When I tried to read any current off the crystal, it was always zero, even if the meter was in the micro amp range.

I guess someday I'll get motivated and hook the test crystal up to my signal generator and oscilloscope and see what happens (like in the vids you posted). I'll probably build an inverter circuit used in electronics clock drivers, too. I'm guessing this piece of quartz will be in the low kHz range since it's just over a couple inches long. Once I find the resonant frequency, then the question shifts to if it acts like a capacitor and if I can get excess power out of it.