The Crystal Skulls

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The Crystal Skulls

With the new Indiana Jones movie coming in May, and the trailer released on February 14, I think it would be interesting to discuss about those items. I even remeber making this topic a few years ago in the former version of Paranormalis ;)

Here's the Wiki link : ParanormalisWiki - Crystal Skulls
Pretty long text : World Mysteries - Crystal Skulls

I personally never saw one of those skulls, but they seem to have been made with great caution. They look almost perfect. If I remember, there must be 12 of them around the world, and when they'll be reunited, something special's gonna happen. They talked about humanity getting in the fourth dimension, etc.

Many people say it is to perfectly carved to be human made. There have been many claims about the fact that it could be an hoax.
As for many other subjects, we will probably never know their true origins, even if they tend to be human made.

So, what do you think about that ? We're talking about the real skulls here !

By the way, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer

Yeah, post #100 :D

Num7 :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: The Crystal Skulls

Update
I've made a few research on the net about the crystal skulls, and I've just found this about some weird stuff. This guy is talking about morphacrystallic generation. I've never heard of this process before. In my previous post, I said there were 12 skulls, but they're supposed to be 13, sorry for the mistake!

I wrote about the Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull, stating that it had been created through morphacrystallic generation. This process was used to transform a once-living or inanimate object into quartz crystal. Since time photons bombarded the forming crystalline structure, the quartz would appear to have undergone eons of growth within the earth. This allowed the now-crystalline object to contain the charge, the consistency of frequency of ancient crystal.
Crystal Skulls - Messengers of Light

After that, he explains a vision he had, and also where he thinks the skulls are from.

Num7

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Hey thanks !
I posted in the wrong section.

I don't think it was made by Aliens. In my sense, it is more likely that these skulls were made by an ancient powerful civilization. If not, they are probably an hoax, maybe one day we will know.

Num7

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Yeah, actually, that's what they used to seal the Lost Ark.
Not sure though, but they say it works pretty good. :D

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Didn't somebody classify these as anomalous once? Anomalous as in the craftsmanship exceeds the capabilities of the time.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Yeah, that's the main reason why it might not be a hoax.

At some point, they asked HP to check them, and they came with some strange results.
I just found back the link here.

The Mitchell-Hedges family loaned the skull to Hewlett-Packard Laboratories for extensive study in 1970. Art restorer Frank Dorland oversaw the testing at the Santa Clara, California, computer equipment manufacturer, a leading facility for crystal research. The HP examinations yielded some startling results.

Researchers found that the skull had been carved against the natural axis of the crystal. Modern crystal sculptors always take into account the axis, or orientation of the crystal's molecular symmetry, because if they carve "against the grain," the piece is bound to shatter -- even with the use of lasers and other high-tech cutting methods.

To compound the strangeness, HP could find no microscopic scratches on the crystal which would indicate it had been carved with metal instruments. Dorland's best hypothesis for the skull's construction is that it was roughly hewn out with diamonds, and then the detail work was meticulously done with a gentle solution of silicon sand and water. The exhausting job -- assuming it could possibly be done in this way -- would have required man-hours adding up to 300 years to complete.

Under these circumstances, experts believe that successfully crafting a shape as complex as the Mitchell-Hedges skull is impossible; as one HP researcher is said to have remarked, "The damned thing simply shouldn't be."

As they say, there are some signs that tends to proove these skulls are not "normal". They are too much perfect for their time. So perfect, that even in our days, we can't make a so perfect job.

Here's another link

They allegedly are endowed with magical powers such as the spontaneous production of holographic images and the emission of weird sounds.
Some of these claims might be true, not sure though. Perhaps there's some true in all this.

Num7

Harte

Numenorean7 said:
At some point, they asked HP to check them, and they came with some strange results.
I just found back the link here.

Researchers found that the skull had been carved against the natural axis of the crystal. Modern crystal sculptors always take into account the axis, or orientation of the crystal's molecular symmetry, because if they carve "against the grain," the piece is bound to shatter -- even with the use of lasers and other high-tech cutting methods.
Bull. They found that the skull had been chiseld to a rough shape and then hand polished using sand.

To compound the strangeness, HP could find no microscopic scratches on the crystal which would indicate it had been carved with metal instruments. Dorland's best hypothesis for the skull's construction is that it was roughly hewn out with diamonds, and then the detail work was meticulously done with a gentle solution of silicon sand and water. The exhausting job -- assuming it could possibly be done in this way -- would have required man-hours adding up to 300 years to complete.
Another crock. Of course it would have to take "300 years," otherwise there's no mystery, right?

Other pieces ofd artwork have been found that were polished from cut quartz. Nobody is saying that these things are "mysterious." Why not?
"A gentle solution of silicon sand and water..." Hooey. It was done by rubbing real hard on the surface with handful after handful of weet freakin sand.

"Assuming it could be done this way." :rolleyes:

Sorry, no assumption. This is the way that HP said it must have been done based on microscopic inspection of the surface.

Numenorean7 said:
As they say, there are some signs that tends to proove these skulls are not "normal". They are too much perfect for their time. So perfect, that even in our days, we can't make a so perfect job.

For their time? What time is that? The Mitchell Hedges skull is thought to be pre columbian because of the way it was polished. ALL the other ones ever found were made in the late 18th century or afterward. Based on the machined surfaces.

The subject is a complete waste of time and electronic storage.

Harte