The Cup of Christ

ZeoEmeraude

The Cup of Christ

Have ya ever wondered about the "Cup of Christ"? I have often pondered whether that scene out of "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" could possibly be true.. Nah, we all know that movie was fiction, but the myth behind this ancient and holy relic still eludes us even today. Some believe that the "cup" was used to hold the blood of the Christ as he was upon the cross. Some also speculate that it is in the possesion of the Knight's Templar, or the Illuminati;but who can say? Personally, I think that the "cup" is no more than a metorphoric meaning concerning the body and the soul. Whether we will know in our lifetime(s) if it was indeed used for what was written,I don't know. But it is a fascinating thought to ponder on.

*May peace favor you*

turtle

The Cup of Christ

I thought the book HOLY BLOOD/HOLY GRAIL was rather entertaining.
Same concept?

Best wishes

CaryP

The Cup of Christ

Hey kids. Read "The DaVinci Code". I know it's a work of fiction, but it has many facts in it. The "holy grail" according to the book is the womb of Mary Magdeline, who Jesus married and had children with. The DaVinci Code is the "message" in the original painting by DaVinci of the Last Supper. The Holy Grail is symbolized by the "V" (representative of womb - not the arabic letter but its shape) on Jesus' right side. That's Mary Magdaline sitting at his right side. According to the book, a single Jewish man at Jesus' age would have been scourned in his time, hence the need to be married and have children. The painting is on a wall (at a former monastary near Milan I believe) that has been deteriorating, and had gotten dirty over the years, leaving the interpretation subject to change. The Catholic church also downplayed the role of women from the early days of the church. Over time the person to Jesus' right was changed from Mary Magdaline to a male in subsequent paintings of the Last Supper. This was an attempt to downplay the "humaness" of Jesus (got married, had kids and OMG actually had sex in the affair). Here's a link to read up on the subject. I highly recommend the book - a real page turner.

The Last Supper

There's tons of info out there if you're willing to look for it.

Cary

KiraSjon

The Cup of Christ

It is a fantastic book Cary!! I thought the prequel Angels & Demons was incredible as well. Same character, only in Venice. It has a similar feel to it as the Da Vinci Code with a change in plot. :)

Alyxavior

The Cup of Christ

*smile*

I've read both books. Very impressive. At the very least, they both get your mind working, and your creative forces moving.

Creo Amadeo

Chromium

The Cup of Christ

Originally posted by CaryP@Oct 29 2004, 12:06 PM
Hey kids. Read \"The DaVinci Code\". I know it's a work of fiction, but it has many facts in it. The \"holy grail\" according to the book is the womb of Mary Magdeline, who Jesus married and had children with. The DaVinci Code is the \"message\" in the original painting by DaVinci of the Last Supper. The Holy Grail is symbolized by the \"V\" (representative of womb - not the arabic letter but its shape) on Jesus' right side. That's Mary Magdaline sitting at his right side. According to the book, a single Jewish man at Jesus' age would have been scourned in his time, hence the need to be married and have children. The painting is on a wall (at a former monastary near Milan I believe) that has been deteriorating, and had gotten dirty over the years, leaving the interpretation subject to change. The Catholic church also downplayed the role of women from the early days of the church. Over time the person to Jesus' right was changed from Mary Magdaline to a male in subsequent paintings of the Last Supper. This was an attempt to downplay the \"humaness\" of Jesus (got married, had kids and OMG actually had sex in the affair). Here's a link to read up on the subject. I highly recommend the book - a real page turner.

The Last Supper

There's tons of info out there if you're willing to look for it.

Cary

YES!! a brilliant book. I just finished it.

Mary magdlanes tomb is hidden under the louvre apparently.

dancho

The Cup of Christ

I really like the movie Excaliber. What a film! I particularly like the part about the "message of the grail" or "meaning of the grail."

Percival is asked

WHAT IS THE MESSAGE OF THE GRAIL?

and he answers

THAT YOU AND THE LAND ARE ONE.

(He's speaking to Arthur).

This is the message of the Upanishads, i.e. THOU ART THAT.

This makes sense within the context of the Last Supper. Christ holds up the bread and says "This is my body" and holds up the wine and says "this is my blood." Strangely enough, I thought about this while I was eating dinner on my one-and-only cross country railroad trip (Amtrak). I looked out and saw the fields of wheat, and took a bite of the bread.

"You and the land are one."

Good old Amtrak!