The EJ Gold SuperBeacon, looking for the black box kind with two antenna's

TimeFlipper

I remember when this Tascam came out.
Nothing made by Tascam was cheap at the time.
So I am really jealous you have this 4 track.

One of the really good things about the Tascam Porta One was that I could "bounce" 3 tracks down onto the 4th track, which left track 1, 2, and 3 to record other stuff onto...I even used my mastering tape recorder to "bounce" tracks onto, and then return them back to the Porta One...Thankfully the DBX noise reduction kept the tape "hiss" down to a minimum...

For my own pleasure I recorded my own slower version of the Beatles song "Yesterday", where I used 2 of my lead voices and 3 of my backing voices (bounced down together) to create a more powerful vocal sound...I was also very fortunate to borrow a new Korg reverb unit for the day to put my voices through.

lovehealsoul

supposed to conduct better look it up on internet it gives better explanation
I dunno though about explaination of green litz wire and then this other guy comes along with a picture of flower wire and chuckling about it. That's not even accurate. The wire I see I shiny and I know what bouquet wire looks like, not even in the same ballpark timeflapper

lovehealsoul

A quick search revealed its used mostly for supporting flowers that are worn on guys jackets at weddings, or useful in any flower situation for holding/supporting flowers in funeral wreaths/Christmas decorations on doors etc etc...Known as Green Stub and Reel Wire...Picture below showing 20 gauge 7 inch Floristry stub wire :D..

View attachment 10284
Yeah, no. This picture of floral wire is a totally different thing than what is used in a super beacon or some of the CQR amulets. Hilarious you are but your quick search and picture has nothing to do with it.

steven chiverton

the super beacon is just a modified crystal radio or tesla spirit radio im already planning to re modify it more using the amazing sensitive powerful 4 mile mike circuit and bits of the tesla spirit radio circuit and details of the super beacon circuit , and gravity wave detector circuit combined.

TimeFlipper

the super beacon is just a modified crystal radio or tesla spirit radio im already planning to re modify it more using the amazing sensitive powerful 4 mile mike circuit and bits of the tesla spirit radio circuit and details of the super beacon circuit , and gravity wave detector circuit combined.
Can you explain more about the 4 mile mike circuit please cobber?

steven chiverton

i built this circuit once before and the 1m5 potentiometer in it dident exist in any electronics stores here in Australia nor was i able to find that kind on e bay or anywhere else so whoever built it must of used a part that isent available or very rare so i had to reengineer it and come up with some solution i had no idea if it would work but it did, and so with my headphones cable stretched 14 feet away and behind a wall this thing can hear a whisper so tiny it was incredible and impossible but it did it , if i was to whisper in your ear so soft and small that you couldn't hear it still this can hear it loud and clear , although it was said to be a gravity wave detector to, so i modified the design on paper to , using the same sensitive gravity wave detector circuitry as the ones ive been using to make this more sensitive and so so im going to slowly try out the spirit radio with the same circuitry to see how good it would do , i used the flat disc shaped piezo on the front panel of the circuit box i had the 4 mile mike in but in this case im going to leave the pezio out and use the same sensing ceramic i always used in the gravity wave detector, and of course with the 4 mile mike you have to adjust it to a point where its not squealing with the feedback and i tried more headphone cables to stretch it even thurther away for the circuit but the longer the headphone cable the less effective it gets so 14 feet is the maximum that would work

Attachments

• The 4-mile Microphone.pdf
    667 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

steven chiverton

i think this feedback threshold may have something to do as to why this is so incredibly sensitive to a whisper at 14 feet away so soft that you still couldn't hear if if i was to whisper it in your ear very soft and light even the tiniest clicks of the saliva in my mouth can be heard super easy . in fact every whisper word i said was so clear and loud i wouldn't even think that maybe its hearing my thoughts to as you have to think what you say when saying it to at the same time your whispering it. is just a wild idea on why its so incredible

TimeFlipper

i built this circuit once before and the 1m5 potentiometer in it dident exist in any electronics stores here in Australia nor was i able to find that kind on e bay or anywhere else so whoever built it must of used a part that isent available or very rare so i had to reengineer it and come up with some solution i had no idea if it would work but it did, and so with my headphones cable stretched 14 feet away and behind a wall this thing can hear a whisper so tiny it was incredible and impossible but it did it , if i was to whisper in your ear so soft and small that you couldn't hear it still this can hear it loud and clear , although it was said to be a gravity wave detector to, so i modified the design on paper to , using the same sensitive gravity wave detector circuitry as the ones ive been using to make this more sensitive and so so im going to slowly try out the spirit radio with the same circuitry to see how good it would do , i used the flat disc shaped piezo on the front panel of the circuit box i had the 4 mile mike in but in this case im going to leave the pezio out and use the same sensing ceramic i always used in the gravity wave detector, and of course with the 4 mile mike you have to adjust it to a point where its not squealing with the feedback and i tried more headphone cables to stretch it even thurther away for the circuit but the longer the headphone cable the less effective it gets so 14 feet is the maximum that would work
The only 4 mile "microphone" i could think of Cobber would have been a basic transmitter that Tesla could have made by using high voltage and a spark gap, the same way Marconi did back in 1902..Although obviously you and me know that Marconi used Morse Code to transmit his messages, the first transmission from Marconi was about a 6 kilometer distance (just over 4 miles) back in 1896...Thats a coincedence wouldnt you say cousin Steve, just over a "4" miles distance? :cool:..

steven chiverton

if you open and read the 4 mile mike pdf file ive uploaded above you can see its nothing like the tesla one, anyhow but even i have to admit the way i built it even though i had to parralell some resistors to get values they dont sell or have here nor on e bay , the troubles with overseas circuit schematic's they use old parts that your local electronics stores just dont have well 5k resistors i have to parralell 2x 10k to get it and for 500k i have to parralell 2x 1m to get that so more room for the circuit means i have to enlarge it for more parts and the 1m5 pots dont exist anywhere that i can find so i had to devise away around it and it still worked ok using a 1m pot and some parralell 1m resistors even though i have no idea if thats feasible but it worked anyhow now you have to do the same thing as advised in the pdf of the 4 mile mike and adjust its pots till its on the verge of squealing with feedback and i wonder if this feedback or edge is in resonance with my thoughts of whispering so it amplifies it at what would be considered impossible levels and i think the next thing to a whisper would be thought waves during that whisper

Last edited: