The End Of The World Is Close!

Dionysus

I created a thread about what might happen in 2012. Read my first post (scroll about halfway down for 2012): John Titor's Religious Beliefs: Bible Prophecy, Revelation, Return of Christ, the Rapture, 2012

The world isn't going to end yet, but it's going to change completely from the world that we know. That's what "Last Days" and "End Times" means.

But....

There's nothing remotely scientific or even religious that indicates any great change is about to occur . It's 100% the media promoting this ridiculous , quasi religious, sci-fi b-movie fantasy . I'm just guessing alot of people find this type of thing appealing because , they hate their lives and want some supernatural force to change it for them

I just wonder after 2012 is a huge disapointment for all those people who bought 2012 on blu-ray what's the next day they'll latch onto...?

Samstwitch

But....

There's nothing remotely scientific or even religious that indicates any great change is about to occur . It's 100% the media promoting this ridiculous , quasi religious, sci-fi b-movie fantasy . I'm just guessing alot of people find this type of thing appealing because , they hate their lives and want some supernatural force to change it for them

I just wonder after 2012 is a huge disapointment for all those people who bought 2012 on blu-ray what's the next day they'll latch onto...?

Well, that shows how much you don't know. Since you're so critical, did you even bother to read my posts in the thread that I linked to?

As a general rule, I don't watch TV (with a few exceptions), because I hate commercials, and 99.9% of the stuff on TV is crap. I'm a researcher. My favorites are Prophecy of all kinds, especially the Bible because it's the only prophecy that's 100% accurate, and I also research a wealth of other contraversial subjects, such as alien abductions, Time Travel, John Titor, Near Death Experiences, Government Cover-ups, Government Corruption, etc.

ALL the prophecy in the Bible indicates that we are on the verge of the 7-year Great Tribulation and other accompanying things that follow. Whether events happen in 2012 remains to be seen. But that's the discussion this thread was created for. Since you feel so negatively about this subject, why are you posting here?

Dionysus

Well, that shows how much you don't know. Since you're so critical, did you even bother to read my posts in the thread that I linked to?

As a general rule, I don't watch TV (with a few exceptions), because I hate commercials, and 99.9% of the stuff on TV is crap. I'm a researcher. My favorites are Prophecy of all kinds, especially the Bible because it's the only prophecy that's 100% accurate, and I also research a wealth of other contraversial subjects, such as alien abductions, Time Travel, John Titor, Near Death Experiences, Government Cover-ups, Government Corruption, etc.

ALL the prophecy in the Bible indicates that we are on the verge of the 7-year Great Tribulation and other accompanying things that follow. Whether events happen in 2012 remains to be seen. But that's the discussion this thread was created for. Since you feel so negatively about this subject, why are you posting here?

I feel pretty postive that the world isn't going to end next year. Why do you consider that negative?

ALL the so called prophecy in the bible has always seemed like it was indicating the worlds about to end..Why? because it's vague.. it's like reading a horroscope.. the reader will see whatever he wants to see...

Samstwitch

I never said the world was going to end...but there's definitely going to be major changes. You think Bible prophecy is vague. I disagree. People close their eyes to the truth even when it's right in front of their noses. That's why our world is in such a big mess today.

Himalayan Hermit

Nothing is going to happen in my opinion other than Natural events such as Solar Flares that even NOAA acknowledges. However, even 1 frown from Lord Sun can cause havoc on our planet, especially in the western hemisphere where people are not used to living without Power, and technology. I guess we can only wait and see. 2012 is no doubt the most hyped in the list of all such predictions.
Yee hawwww :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
There's indeed much hype about the year we just began. Like HH up there, I don't expect anything special. There may be a slight higher possibility of solar flares for 2012, I have no idea how higher the risks are. That's about the only thing I consider possible, or likely to happen compared to other doomsday theories and predictions.

Crethox

I concur with the thought nothing drastic will happen. But that's just my feeling about this whole 2012 year hype.

What I do believe is; the further we progress in the days/months this year the hype will get much more attention. By all kinds of people, or businesses who try to get money out of the hype. As with every hype there has been in the last decades.

The second is, which some stated already on the forum. We need to be prepared for anything that can happen. Floods, earthquakes etc. etc. but that could happen any time and is not only a worry for this year.

And for me personally the year couldn't have started better anyway. It's not often one finds a pet after a long period of time, in this case 1 year and 2 months :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
About being prepared for anything. Should you prepare more for 2012 than you did for previous years?

Samstwitch

About being prepared for anything. Should you prepare more for 2012 than you did for previous years?

Think about how many thousands of people have died in the last couple of years from earthquakes, tsunamis, radiation, floods, tornadoes, etc. I'd say yes.

Crethox

Just a little while ago we had the problem in the region where I live with high waterlevels due to a northwestern storm in combination with rainfall. Normally water flows towards the sea, but because of the storm that was problematic for the region where I live in. The only thing that keeps the dutch ppl from getting wet feet is our protection against the water, which is in a poor state at some points. Just a couple of kilometers from where I live a dyke almost broke because of poor maintenance.

As I said something could happen at any time. Not just in the year 2012, but in the years after as well. And that's why I think you should be prepared for anything that could happen. At least we learned our lesson here in the northern region of the Netherlands. Nature always fights back :)