The Four Seasons (band): Reinvented

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
The Paranormalis thread, link: Beatles never broke up, reminded me of a change I want to make in history. You see, there's another band out there of which if the chemistry of their style were a bit different, and the lineup remained unchanged through the years, they'd be better than The Beatles in my opinion.

That band is The Four Seasons. They are an American band, unlike The Beatles, and their sound, when restructured, will have the potential to better appeal to fans of classic rock like myself; and many (though maybe not most) fans such as I will truly believe their music to be better than that of The Beatles. Their music will be played regularly on classic rock radio stations among a variety of other artists including The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Imagine the magic of vocal harmony mixed with both the falsetto of Frankie Valli and the structure of real rock music (with emphasis on amplified electric guitar and all that other great stuff). And being an American, and a very patriotic one who truly loves his country, The Four Seasons would make me proud to be American. @TimeFlipper - I hope you or anyone else in the UK are not offended by this.

I shall give you guys a preview of The Four Seasons, post-change of history, that is. The band is formed in February 1960, consisting of lead singer Frankie Valli, lead guitarist/backup vocalist Tommy DeVito, lead keyboardist/backup vocalist Bob Gaudio, bass guitarist/backup vocalist Nick Massi, and drummer Joe Russo (he's my creation, as a rock band typically needs a drummer as a member of the band). The band’s lineup will remain unchanged throughout the band’s career, which will span decades.

(Note: Pre-change of history, The Seasons had a series of session drummers that at first weren’t considered members of the band.)

Have any questions, comments, or anything else?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Night Vision - Good! We're getting somewhere, at least. :)

Now, all we need to add is Joe Russo, the drummer. Here's a further preview, including backgrounds, of what The Four Seasons will look like after history's changed:
  • Frankie Valli is born on May 3, 1937 in Newark, New Jersey as Francis Stephen Castelluccio. He begins his professional career singing in nightclubs in January 1952, and joins The Variety Trio (consisting of Tommy DeVito, his fraternal twin brother Nickie, and their friend Hank Majewski (born May 12, 1934)) in 1954, with the band changing their name to The Varietones (and later, The Four Lovers, and eventually, The Four Seasons). His first wife is Mary Josephine Russo (born August 6, 1938 in Newark). Mary Russo Valli is the younger sister of Joe Russo.
  • Tommy DeVito is born on June 19, 1936 in Newark, full name Thomas Louis DeVito. He begins his professional career forming The Variety Trio with his brother Nickie and friend Hank Majewski in January 1951. His first wife is Susan Marie Romano (born August 21, 1937 in Newark).
  • Bob Gaudio is born on November 17, 1942 in Bronx, New York, full name Robert John Gaudio. He begins his professional career in August 1957 forming The RoyalTeens with his teenage friends, quitting that band late in 1959 to join what would later become The Four Seasons. He moves to Newark shortly after joining The Seasons. His first wife is Ruth Anne Caruso (born March 21, 1944 in Belleville, New Jersey).
  • Nick Massi is born on September 19, 1935 in Newark as Nicholas Eugene Macioci. He begins his professional musical career in March 1950, joined by Joe Russo a few months later; they join a band with Hugh Garrity in 1953; they join The Four Lovers with Garrity in 1958, then quit after a brief period, then join again permanently without Garrity in January 1960. Nick Massi's first wife is Mary Frances Genovese (born November 20, 1936 in Newark).
  • Joe Russo is born on January 17, 1936 in Newark, full name Joseph John Russo. He is an older brother of Frankie Valli's first wife, Mary Russo Valli. He is also one of Nick Massi's closest friends. He begins his professional career in September 1950, joining Nick Massi in several local bands, before they end up permanently with The Seasons in 1960. Joe Russo's first wife is Pamela Anne Ventura (born April 20, 1937 in Newark).
That's the five core members in a nutshell. I created Joe Russo, his wives, and all of the "replacement" first wives for the rest of The Seasons.

In addition, I created another producer for The Seasons: Herbie Mandel.

Herbie Mandel is born on August 2, 1918 in Brooklyn, New York, full name Herbert Solomon Mandel. He begins his musical career as the bass singer in a teenage barbershop quartet in 1936. In 1941, he starts a career as a blues singer, playing a significant role in breaking the racial barrier in the blues industry.

Mandel starts producing records as an assistant producer in 1942, then goes producing solo in 1949. All records he produces he makes on his own from that point until 1959, when he joins Bob Crewe, who had recently parted ways with fellow producer Frank Slay, and was born on November 12, 1930 in Newark.

Mandel and Crewe get the future Four Seasons signed to Columbia Records in January 1960. They produce a single for the band very soon after; it flops; after that, they tactfully change the band name to The Four Seasons after the bowling establishment the band failed to impress just before Mandel and Crewe got word of the band, as well as an allusion to the set of famous violin concertos by Vivaldi.

Mandel plays a significant role in establishing the band under the rock genre, which already riddles the band's style, as well as that rock music fits to Mandel's blues genre like a puzzle. In March 1960, the band records their first album and single (both sides of which are included in the album) for Columbia, with Mandel as executive producer and Crewe as co-producer.

The resulting album, "Daisy", and single, "Daisy/Goodbye My Love" are released in April 1960. By early the following month, the album tops the Billboard 200, and the single's A-side "Daisy" peaks at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Note: On my flash drive, I have a list each of singles and albums by The Four Seasons ranging from 1960 to 1980. Want me to copy and paste them here?

Night Vision

@Night Vision - Good! We're getting somewhere, at least. :)

Now, all we need to add is Joe Russo, the drummer. Here's a further preview, including backgrounds, of what The Four Seasons will look like after history's changed:
  • Frankie Valli is born on May 3, 1937 in Newark, New Jersey as Francis Stephen Castelluccio. He begins his professional career singing in nightclubs in January 1952, and joins The Variety Trio (consisting of Tommy DeVito, his fraternal twin brother Nickie, and their friend Hank Majewski (born May 12, 1934)) in 1954, with the band changing their name to The Varietones (and later, The Four Lovers, and eventually, The Four Seasons). His first wife is Mary Josephine Russo (born August 6, 1938 in Newark). Mary Russo Valli is the younger sister of Joe Russo.
  • Tommy DeVito is born on June 19, 1936 in Newark, full name Thomas Louis DeVito. He begins his professional career forming The Variety Trio with his brother Nickie and friend Hank Majewski in January 1951. His first wife is Susan Marie Romano (born August 21, 1937 in Newark).
  • Bob Gaudio is born on November 17, 1942 in Bronx, New York, full name Robert John Gaudio. He begins his professional career in August 1957 forming The RoyalTeens with his teenage friends, quitting that band late in 1959 to join what would later become The Four Seasons. He moves to Newark shortly after joining The Seasons. His first wife is Ruth Anne Caruso (born March 21, 1944 in Belleville, New Jersey).
  • Nick Massi is born on September 19, 1935 in Newark as Nicholas Eugene Macioci. He begins his professional musical career in March 1950, joined by Joe Russo a few months later; they join a band with Hugh Garrity in 1953; they join The Four Lovers with Garrity in 1958, then quit after a brief period, then join again permanently without Garrity in January 1960. Nick Massi's first wife is Mary Frances Genovese (born November 20, 1936 in Newark).
  • Joe Russo is born on January 17, 1936 in Newark, full name Joseph John Russo. He is an older brother of Frankie Valli's first wife, Mary Russo Valli. He is also one of Nick Massi's closest friends. He begins his professional career in September 1950, joining Nick Massi in several local bands, before they end up permanently with The Seasons in 1960. Joe Russo's first wife is Pamela Anne Ventura (born April 20, 1937 in Newark).
That's the five core members in a nutshell. I created Joe Russo, his wives, and all of the "replacement" first wives for the rest of The Seasons.

In addition, I created another producer for The Seasons: Herbie Mandel.

Herbie Mandel is born on August 2, 1918 in Brooklyn, New York, full name Herbert Solomon Mandel. He begins his musical career as the bass singer in a teenage barbershop quartet in 1936. In 1941, he starts a career as a blues singer, playing a significant role in breaking the racial barrier in the blues industry.

Mandel starts producing records as an assistant producer in 1942, then goes producing solo in 1949. All records he produces he makes on his own from that point until 1959, when he joins Bob Crewe, who had recently parted ways with fellow producer Frank Slay, and was born on November 12, 1930 in Newark.

Mandel and Crewe get the future Four Seasons signed to Columbia Records in January 1960. They produce a single for the band very soon after; it flops; after that, they tactfully change the band name to The Four Seasons after the bowling establishment the band failed to impress just before Mandel and Crewe got word of the band, as well as an allusion to the set of famous violin concertos by Vivaldi.

Mandel plays a significant role in establishing the band under the rock genre, which already riddles the band's style, as well as that rock music fits to Mandel's blues genre like a puzzle. In March 1960, the band records their first album and single (both sides of which are included in the album) for Columbia, with Mandel as executive producer and Crewe as co-producer.

The resulting album, "Daisy", and single, "Daisy/Goodbye My Love" are released in April 1960. By early the following month, the album tops the Billboard 200, and the single's A-side "Daisy" peaks at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Note: On my flash drive, I have a list each of singles and albums by The Four Seasons ranging from 1960 to 1980. Want me to copy and paste them here?
:eek: OK just got done with work stuff give me a few moments for this newest Paranormalis puzzle Classicalfan626 :confused: ::LOL:: :cool: In the mean time... :D

TimeFlipper

@Classicalfan626 No mate of course iam not offended :D.
However i would never call the Four Seasons music classical rock music, they were more in the rock n roll genre during the 1960s, but i can say i enjoyed all of their hit records of that period (y)..

They were one of many groups that used "amplified electric guitar music", Bill Hayley and The Comets in the middle 1950`s were using amplified guitars (their bass player did use an acoustic double bass) and the UK`s Shadows were an all electric guitar group too, and let us not forget the late great Buddy Holly who inspired many would be guitarists of the 1960s including the Beatles..:)

The Beatles also wrote all their number one hit songs and classical orchestras still to this very day will perform songs like Yesterday..Let it Be and Eleanor Rigby...When they arrived, they became known for their own style of vocals music and guitar chords within their songs, which were much different to the basic norm of 3 or 4 chords that most groups were playing then ;)

In 1967 the Beatles brought out The Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band long playing record and introduced psychedelic music to the the world, and that record was "THE" number one best seller right upto only a few years ago :eek: Fortunately the Beatles had a wonderful recording engineer George Martin, who was responsible for most of the "weird sounds" in the songs and music..His job being making sounds from the experiences of the Beatles during their LSD trips :cool:

But of course with me being English iam bound to say that i prefer the Beatles as being the best and most influential group of the 1960s and for a short while they were the best group ever in the US, until John Lennon got misquoted about a remark he made about Jesus ::LOL::

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Night Vision - Alright, I'll give you credit for your enthusiasm on this topic. I'll admit, a lot of this material I'm putting out may sound weird and confusing at first, especially when one seems not too familiar with the topic like I am, but that's where all the fun begins! Try to look at things at a new angle, and try to imagine where I'm coming from. Other than that, at least you're trying. ;)

@TimeFlipper - It's absolutely fine that you think and prefer that The Beatles are the best and most influential band of the 1960s. In fact, it's quite understandable, given all that reputation and legacy that their music and all have built them up to be. But when I change history, The Four Seasons will join the ranks of the best classic rock artists out there, and their music will be rebellious for their time, just like that of Elvis Presley and The Beatles.

Even after I change history, you may never consider The Four Seasons to be better than The Beatles, but you will consider The Four Seasons' music as classic rock, because the music will be way different than what you have within your grasp right now. :)

----

Coming soon: 145 singles released by The Four Seasons between 1960 and 1980. :D

And later on, of course: 76 studio albums released by that band during the same years. :D:cool:

Night Vision

@Night Vision - Alright, I'll give you credit for your enthusiasm on this topic. I'll admit, a lot of this material I'm putting out may sound weird and confusing at first, especially when one seems not too familiar with the topic like I am, but that's where all the fun begins! Try to look at things at a new angle, and try to imagine where I'm coming from. Other than that, at least you're trying. ;)

@TimeFlipper - It's absolutely fine that you think and prefer that The Beatles are the best and most influential band of the 1960s. In fact, it's quite understandable, given all that reputation and legacy that their music and all have built them up to be. But when I change history, The Four Seasons will join the ranks of the best classic rock artists out there, and their music will be rebellious for their time, just like that of Elvis Presley and The Beatles.

Even after I change history, you may never consider The Four Seasons to be better than The Beatles, but you will consider The Four Seasons' music as classic rock, because the music will be way different than what you have within your grasp right now. :)

----

Coming soon: 145 singles released by The Four Seasons between 1960 and 1980. :D

And later on, of course: 76 studio albums released by that band during the same years. :D:cool:
:cool: OK after work stuff I will try to listen and read this topic at a different angle and maybe learn some new techniques Classicalfan626 :whistle: ::LOL:: :D

Last edited:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@TimeFlipper - Is that post above yet another joke you're pulling on me? :p

For the record anyway, no, I would never even dream of killing Lennon or McCartney; and The Four Seasons come out with their first studio album and single in April 1960, which predates The Beatles' rise to superstardom and the entry of Ringo Starr as that band's drummer.