The Great Sayings by the Famous and not so Famous.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
“Seven Deadly Sins

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.”
Mahatma Gandhi

“My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.”
Abraham Lincoln

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
“A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt,

“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
"I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just assholes." (No reflecttion on you, dear Professor, for you are very kindly regarded.)
- Someone on Facebook.

OK Sam, I do not have a Facebook account and/or Facebook stock. I have managed hundreds of people over the last 50 years and "Asshole" is one of the nicer things I was called at times

Samstwitch

That is OK Sam. I do not have a Facebook Account and/or Facebook Stock. I have managed hundreds people over the years and "assholes" is one of the nicer things, I was called.

Dear Professor, I was not referring to you. I was referring to Loopi for his remark in the Word Assoication Game.

TnWatchdog

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
- Will Rogers

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." –making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009
- BARACK OBAMA,

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment oranti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." Speaking at a San Francisco fundraiser about his troubles winning over some small-town, working-class voters, April 11, 2008
– BARACK OBAMA,

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." –in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified, Sept. 7, 2008
– BARACK OBAMA,

"I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there."
—Mitt Romney (January 2012)

"I like being able to fire people who provide services to me."
–Mitt Romney, (January 2012)

"I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2011 to unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over $200 million.
–Mitt Romney,

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
“Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.”
― Phyllis Diller

“This is my depressed stance. When you're depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better. If you're going to get any joy out of being depressed, you've got to stand like this.”
― Charles M. Schulz

TnWatchdog

"According to the Mayans, the world is supposed to end in the year 2012. Are you buying that? When's the last time you even ran into a Mayan?"
~ Jay Leno

"Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects.”
―Roger Zelazny

Samstwitch

"My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever."
― Mr. Darcy

"An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth. From this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents. Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins, and I will never see you again if you do."
― Mr. Bennet

(From Pride and Prejudice, my favorite version with Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy and Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennet.)