Debate The key to time travel?

absolute.zero.17

If i'm honest, I don't have a lot of experience in the field of time travel. But recently, I have thought about it quite deeply. What if there was a way to be able to temporarily puncture time? An incredibly heavy object/weak physical location in space-time temporarily puncturing time and creating a wormhole like gate to either the future or past? If so, how dense would the wormhole be, would it collapse and cave in, would it release any energy or radiation, how dense would it be? I'm just guessing here...would anyone be kind enough to inform me if there has been any other theories previously published similar to my question? Or am I talking about rubbish and this is absolutely impossible? You learn something everyday!

All the best,
mh

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
If i'm honest, I don't have a lot of experience in the field of time travel. But recently, I have thought about it quite deeply. What if there was a way to be able to temporarily puncture time? An incredibly heavy object/weak physical location in space-time temporarily puncturing time and creating a wormhole like gate to either the future or past? If so, how dense would the wormhole be, would it collapse and cave in, would it release any energy or radiation, how dense would it be? I'm just guessing here...would anyone be kind enough to inform me if there has been any other theories previously published similar to my question? Or am I talking about rubbish and this is absolutely impossible? You learn something everyday!

All the best,
mh

Planets are pretty heavy and they don't seem to do anything to time (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not sure if you can pierce the bubble of the universe because it's expansion seems to be more based on movement. There isn't a real bubble around the universe that we know of. I'm like you -- not a scientist. Just sharing my thoughts. :)

absolute.zero.17

What about Einstein's theory of relativity? I don't know much about the new discovery on gravitational waves, but wasn't it proven that the Earth's density and gravitational influence warped space-time slightly? (again, correct me if I'm wrong!) So what if like a black whole or neutron star's density does influence space-time and it's dimensions??

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Any High School kid could build a real working Time Machine, with the right tools and information.
This will be the case sooner than later. How could this be?

Dragonchaser

What about Einstein's theory of relativity? I don't know much about the new discovery on gravitational waves, but wasn't it proven that the Earth's density and gravitational influence warped space-time slightly? (again, correct me if I'm wrong!) So what if like a black whole or neutron star's density does influence space-time and it's dimensions??

Most probably it will influence it yes , but you don't have anything to worry about because neither is near enough our solar system (or galaxy for that matter !) to affect us .