The Mandela Effect

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
For those unfamiliar with this topic, the Mandela Effect "refers to a situation in which a large mass of people believes that an event occurred when it did not." Probably the most common example of this phenomenon is the false belief that Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 1980's, when in fact he didn't pass away until 2013. However, many recount this incident as fact, recalling the news coverage of his death as well as a speech made by his supposed widow.

There are many other examples of what is now coined as the Mandela Effect. (Ex: Berenstein Bears vs. Berenstain Bears, Looney Tunes vs. Looney Toons, The Monopoly Guy with a monocle vs. without, Jif vs Jiffy peanut butter; etc.)

Have any of you experienced this? If so, what was your experience? What do you think causes this phenomenon? Is it false information being pushed as truth? Crossed timelines? False memories? Or... Something else? Twilight Zone theme music plays here

(P.S. I didn't know where to post this, feel free to move it to a more appropriate thread.)

Mayhem

Zenith
Depends on the numbers might just be parroting. Either way suppose those feel like those events happened like that.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Products logos spring to mind.

Yes, but we now know that the people that bring us this information have a hand in the deception. Companies do occasionally change their labelling. Is that so hard to believe?

Mayhem

Zenith
Yes, but we now know that the people that bring us this information have a hand in the deception. Companies do occasionally change their labelling. Is that so hard to believe?

Its not hard to believe companies do this over years, but on the contrary is this mandela effect?

itwillhappen

To me, the Mandela Effect is just a label for a phenomenon which is reality switching and or a glitch via the possible simulation we're in. I'm definitely a believer. I've experienced some things in my life that can't be explained by anything other than a dimension/reality switch. Again, from what I've experienced, switching realities is a very real phenomenon.