The Math is a Lie

Nak Sae Glim

Given some of you will question the concept however from a young age I have been struggling with the concept that is Mathematics.

Ever since one "Apple plus one apple equals two apples"

You see as a child I understood that each apple was independant of the other. One was different from the other, either by size, shape, texture, sweetness ext.. and to go ahead and just call them both Apples in the first place struck me weird. Yet then I was taught that not only did they both have the same name though they are different, they are both reduced to the single base form in a math equation.
Again I was confused.. why?
Simplicity obviously being the answer.
Is the same true with numbers?
In the equation 1+1=2 are both 1's like the apples? Different but called the same because it's easier?

Go ahead Google the next concept
*prove 1=1
How did you do?

It's actually an insane concept to prove. Because.. as we know, who would question it?

The sad fact is numbers are all actually
Fractal patterns. That are cut to their shortest forms to serve our feeble minds in processing things we can't comprehend.
Placeholders for a system we have built on uneven ground. To us completely flat.. on a universal scale.. tilted and pitted like drunk asteroid, revolving sideways and spinning backwards from everything else in the universe.

Now focus up here cause I'm going to say this once

"If everything we have built with math is uneven on the smallest scale, everything we have built with math is uneven on the largest scale."

Although the solution.. well I don't have it.. I just saw the issue.

TimeFlipper

I don't know if you are employed, but if you are and your employer gave you a paycheck that was a lot less than it should be...
Don't argue with him or he might quote what you have just posted...Now you focus on that ;):D..im not gonna say it again :p

Martian

Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it invalid. ;)

Nak Sae Glim

I had wondered how the religion of mathematics would defend itself.. clearly my title was over the top. I apologize if I caused offence.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Mathematics are the very basis of all modern science and society.

It's definitely not something we're used to question! Not unlike religion!

owlcool

Mathematics are the very basis of all modern science and society.

It's definitely not something we're used to question! Not unlike religion!
Hmm?
You definitely aren't even an Agnostic then.
Try making that comparison from an Atheist's perspective.