The Matrix films as parts of a conspiracy?

Citizen Butterfly

First off: I’m new here, so thanks for having me. There’s something I’d like to discuss, that I think could be classed as a conspiracy theory, but it’s a conspiracy theory within a broader conspiracy theory, as you will see.

Basically, I believe we are living as simulated people in a simulated reality. I believe this due to personal experience.

I have a bit of a conspiracy theory about this that I’ve shared elsewhere online but thought that I’d run past you guys too.

My theory: The Matrix films are parts of a Hollywood/Illuminati conspiracy. I say that within a conspiracy The Matrix films serve two purposes:
  • To put the idea of a simulated reality “out there”, into the public's imagination…
  • BUT – in such a way that people come to believe the notion to be a fanciful fiction, so that they dismiss the idea on account of it featuring in a sci-fi franchise, with lots of fantastic elements. Basically, because of these films the general public categorize the simulation hypothesis alongside the Loch Ness Monster. Basically: the Matrix films put the notion into people's heads.
But why do this? I’d say to prepare the population of Earth for news that our “reality” is simulated, so that the notion is already commonplace. I believe it has succeeded in this as (in my experience) whenever a person mentions the simulation hypothesis someone will always mention The Matrix. Because the idea of a simulated reality is now already “out there” when the great revelation eventually happens, it will be less of a shock and people will have a framework within which to understand what’s happening – because of The Matrix films.

BTW: I am not suggesting we are human beings plugged into a virtual reality like in The Matrix films, I believe all conscious entities are truly computer programs so have no physical form.

Is there a bigger picture, into which this conspiracy theory sits? I believe there is.

I believe that The Simulation (the simulated dimension of reality we all live in) was set-up to be what people call an “ancestor simulation”, a simulation set up to educate those who created it about their distant past. As well as functioning as a source of entertainment. Think of it as a mix of Sim Earth and The Sims.

However, I believe that by now 1) the over-seers believe humanity has reached a somehow significant stage in its development and 2) they have learnt all they could about their history from The Simulation. So what next? I believe at this point The Simulation stops being an ancestor simulation and becomes something else entirely: I believe that this next stage will involve Earth becoming a province of the republic that its creators and over-seers belong to; I believe that we humans within The Simulation will all become citizens of the republic! – This will bring humanity into a new age and we will be at one with our immediate creators. They will treat us as a community of humanoids living in realistic conditions, as that is how we experience our existence as humans.

Where did I get all this from? I believe The Simulation communicates with me.

What do people think of this theory?

Last edited:

Kairos

Computer science background here..

No. I suspect we are not living in a simulated reality, since we'd be able to detect the rules of the supra-reality in which the simulation exists.

A good book to read for this is titled Fabric of Reality, by David Deutsch.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I believe that The Simulation (the simulated dimension of reality we all live in) was set-up to be what people call an “ancestor simulation”, a simulation set up to educate those who created it about their distant past. As well as functioning as a source of entertainment. Think of it as a mix of Sim Earth and The Sims.
Pretty sweet way of presenting how it could be, really like it. We might not be able to prove it, but I like how it makes sense when you think of our 3 dimensional world.

Makes me think of this post I made a while ago. You'll probably enjoy thinking about what it suggests:

Mahadragon

Computer science background here..

No. I suspect we are not living in a simulated reality, since we'd be able to detect the rules of the supra-reality in which the simulation exists.

A good book to read for this is titled Fabric of Reality, by David Deutsch.
There are plenty of rules we live by in our 3 dimensional world. If there were no rules, no repeating patterns, we would not have mathematical equations. The fact that a2+b2=c2 is true and works every time proves there are verifiable rules and laws our reality is driven by.

Kairos

There are plenty of rules we live by in our 3 dimensional world. If there were no rules, no repeating patterns, we would not have mathematical equations. The fact that a2+b2=c2 is true and works every time proves there are verifiable rules and laws our reality is driven by.

I am not sure what you are arguing against. I didn't claim there exists no structure to reality. It's deeper than just logic (and subsequently mathematics). There exist complexity classes, for instance.

My point is that, in any simulation, it would be impossible to block out the deeper reality so that it is undetectable.

titorite

I am not sure what you are arguing against. I didn't claim there exists no structure to reality. It's deeper than just logic (and subsequently mathematics). There exist complexity classes, for instance.

My point is that, in any simulation, it would be impossible to block out the deeper reality so that it is undetectable.

Indeed.a dare say that was even the point of the movies. Even simulations have detectable glitches.

Fun fact, did you ever wonder about Kids, role in the trilogy. Like why he was set up as something special in movie two that didnt pan out in movie three. The kid woke him all by himself. Originally he was supposed to be the real neo, the real bringer of peace. He was gonna wake up a second time, all of zion was also supposed to be a sim, and he was going to end it.... but lawsuits about plagiarism made them change it up in the end. And that is why the kid storynline goes nowhere.