The Mirror, More Than Meets The Eye ?

Wind7

Staff

"Have you ever wondered if mirrors cause bad luck? In this guide, we expose the top mirror myths and superstitions, ranging from Bloody Mary to broken mirrors."

"Does breaking a mirror really cause 7 years of bad luck, and does chanting Bloody Mary into the mirror summon ghosts? These arent the only mirror myths floating around time and space. In this guide, well provide helpful tips on how to avoid (and reverse) any back luck you may encounter."

" One very dangerous way to capture a demonic spirit is to capture it within 2 mirrors
facing towards each other and then taped together permanently.
If one were to remove the tape and open them, they would become subject
to the demon wrath. You have to know how to proceed from capture to permanent incarceration."

Wind7

Staff

Why Do Some Cultures Cover Mirrors After a Death?​

It stems from a common belief around the world.

Shiva Customs – Why Jewish Mourners Cover Mirrors And Sit On Low Stools​

"Another reason for covering mirrors (which was the main reason before people started using mirrors regularly for vanity purposes) as the belief that the dead wander about for 3 days, if they see their reflection as a dead spirit, they could continue to “haunt” the mirror and there have been several instances where people who resided after the house sold/went to next if kin, etc, saw the reflection of the person who died (even instances where the viewer had no idea what the person even long like, but later described to someone who could confirm) so for the first 3 days of Shiva, covering of mirrors is mandatory, the other 4 days is just out of respect for the dead, so they get all the mourning of Shiva (which is the point)"

BlastTyrant

I F'ing hate Mirrors! I actually only own 1 and i make sure it is facing a solid back surface, almost as much as i hate windows lol

Growing up my mom had the full body mirrors and when i would get scared and sleep in her room i would wait to for her to fall asleep and i would cover it because there was more than one occasion where i would see shadows looking back at me from them or i would see things that looked like they were super far away moving around, even to this day i see shit in mirrors, at work we have 2 long mirrors facing each other in the bathroom and on more than one occasion i have caught something behind me in the mirror just to see it move to the mirror on the other side and vanish.

I avidly avoid mirrors if at all possible lol

Wind7

Staff
@BlastTyrant said:
I F'ing hate Mirrors! I actually only own 1 and i make sure it is facing a solid back surface, almost as much as i hate windows lol

Growing up my mom had the full body mirrors and when i would get scared and sleep in her room i would wait to for her to fall asleep and i would cover it because there was more than one occasion where i would see shadows looking back at me from them or i would see things that looked like they were super far away moving around, even to this day i see shit in mirrors, at work we have 2 long mirrors facing each other in the bathroom and on more than one occasion i have caught something behind me in the mirror just to see it move to the mirror on the other side and vanish.

I avidly avoid mirrors if at all possible lol

When I was younger, I saw all sorts of things going on involving mirrors but, it almost* never frightened me.

Like you, I would see motion within the background of the reflection.
*Only once did I see a large, black, roiling cloud/shape appear just behind me when I was just a kid.

My home would later be recognized by several investigations groups as being 'Active'.
I viewed it as a personal duty to serve as much evidence as I could towards the paranormal
and on more than 1 occasion, there were those whom documented these events for science,
which to me, was an oxymoron at the time.

I learned from a couple of people how to use a mirror as a defense against spirits.
One of them was a Navaho Medicine Man who also taught me a thing or two
about the capture of a spirit using a simple camera.

Last edited:

BlastTyrant

@BlastTyrant said:

When I was younger, I saw all sorts of things going on involving mirrors but, it almost* never frightened me.

Like you, I would see motion within the background of the reflection.
*Only once did I see a large, black, roiling cloud/shape appear just behind me when I was just a kid.

My home would later be recognized by several investigations groups as being 'Active'.
I viewed it as a personal duty to serve as much evidence as I could towards the paranormal
and on more than 1 occasion, there were those whom documented these events for science,
which to me, was an oxymoron at the time.

I learned from a couple of people how to use a mirror as a defense against spirits.
One of them was a Navaho Medicine Man who also taught me a thing or two
about the capture of a spirit using a simple camera.
And that's why if anything spooky happens i message you haha.

I learned it was never the place of residence that was haunted it was always me.

Wind7

Staff
And that's why if anything spooky happens i message you haha.

I learned it was never the place of residence that was haunted it was always me.

There is so much truth and even logic behind that.

If you turn your back to a snarling mountain lion and run, chances are that
it's going to run after you.

Spirits sense your fear and the baddies do things to create even more fear,
like it's food to them.

Don't react and they leave you alone....Mostly.

97% of the worlds population have probably had some sort of WEIRD happen to them
and it went right on by with no furthered notice

It's that other 3% that keeps the whole thing rolling along. ;)