Forum Game The Random Thread - Videos, Memes and Jokes

walt willis

The reason why I share this info is that I remembered back in 1965 Phil Corso's brother-in-law ( my teacher) told me about a ribbon battery being developed.
Back them I had no clue as to how a ribbon could produce energy.
The problem with electric cars may be the long recharge time needed?
A capacitor may be recharged in a minute if you use DC current.
With graphene carbon it may one day serve as a material to produce a greater capacitor?
Now if they could find a way to stop calls about my cars extended warranty? girl and dog.jpg

TimeFlipper

The reason why I share this info is that I remembered back in 1965 Phil Corso's brother-in-law ( my teacher) told me about a ribbon battery being developed.
Back them I had no clue as to how a ribbon could produce energy.
The problem with electric cars may be the long recharge time needed?
A capacitor may be recharged in a minute if you use DC current.
With graphene carbon it may one day serve as a material to produce a greater capacitor?
Now if they could find a way to stop calls about my cars extended warranty? View attachment 12797
Very interesting posting Walt...when you mentioned "ribbon batteries" you reminded me of the "ribbon microphones" that were invented back in the 1920s and are still in use...They have a lower frequency range below 20hz compared to other types of microphones, which leads to a "richer" type of sound quality..Schematic below..The centre part is a corrugated piece of aluminium for example, although nano particles would be used now...Perhaps the ribbon battery would work in a similar way? :)..

RIBBON MIC SCHEMATIC.png