The Truth About the Virus

Wind7

Staff
Would you accept that some of the fear is unsubstantiated?

I believe I did say "Most" a few times in my original post.

That's what I meant.

Chill.

"For now I'll stay put, not panic or wish for things that aren't even realistic."--Original Post

Last edited:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Witch Hunt - I kind of agree with Wind7, you sort of overreacted and misunderstood him, though I sort of did as well until he explained himself a bit better just now. Please chill.

@Wind7 - Yes, it's true, there are some ignorant people out there who are panicking over the lies and propaganda spewed by the media, although I believe it's also true that the panic caused by such lies and propaganda is exaggerated.

I hope this explanation from my point-of-view helps both of you resolve your differences and move on.

Wind7

Staff
@Witch Hunt - I kind of agree with Wind7, you sort of overreacted and misunderstood him, though I sort of did as well until he explained himself a bit better just now. Please chill.

@Wind7 - Yes, it's true, there are some ignorant people out there who are panicking over the lies and propaganda spewed by the media, although I believe it's also true that the panic caused by such lies and propaganda is exaggerated.

I hope this explanation from my point-of-view helps both of you resolve your differences and move on.

You nailed it CF.

I'm not angry @ WH at all.

@Witch Hunt I apologize for any misunderstanding I may have caused.

Wind7

Staff
' As of Feb 10, 2020, 37, 558 cases were confirmed, and 812 deaths had been reported to the WHO. Outside of China, 307 cases had been detected in 24 countries.
Therefore, although several hundreds of patients remain in intensive care, the overall hospital fatality rate remains at 2%. Therefore, it is time to reduce the hype and hysteria surrounding the 2019-nCoV epidemic and reduce sensationalization of new information, especially on social media, where many outlets aim to grab attention from followers. Additionally, the disparity between the strength of language as presented to the media by some researchers and politicians and the inference shared on social media requires more research to determine how content is being relayed on different platforms. '

' An effective way of putting this outbreak into perspective is to compare it with other respiratory tract infections with epidemic potential. 2019-nCoV appears to fit the same pattern as influenza, with most people recovering and with a low death rate; the people at risk of increased mortality are older in age (>65 years), immunosuppressed, or have comorbid illnesses. There is currently no evidence that 2019-nCoV spreads more rapidly than influenza or has a higher mortality rate. '

Source https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30070-9/fulltext

Witch Hunt

I am not mad at anyone and I didn't take anything the wrong way, so I am sorry that I gave a bad impression with my post. In my posts I am talking about the panic in general, not anyone's personal experiences, I am sorry for any confusion. So to clarify, I am gonna state my position again but in a little more detail.

The virus is real. The deaths are real. The panic is a manufactured scenario designed to play upon the innate feelings people have for familiar and societal associations by creating a sense of ever-increasing doom. To the point that the population willingly gives up complete control of their daily lives through the slow degradation and then elimination of once constitutionally protected rights.

If the government and media covered Covid like it did the Sars virus,would we be having this conversation?

You took my post personally.

Your problem, not mine.

The panic That has been caused by all the lies caused by media
and any other propaganda is in fact R.E.A.L.

It makes me sad when My friends cry because of the fear being driven in.

I guess You missed where I said that "I will not Panic".

I cannot make it any more clear.
to you.
Would you accept that some of the fear is unsubstantiated?

I believe I did say "Most" a few times in my original post.

That's what I meant.

Chill.

"For now I'll stay put, not panic or wish for things that aren't even realistic."--Original Post

Yeats

I'm not certain whether this has already been stated elsewhere here, but a Johns Hopkins researcher noted that recorded causes of death due to heart disease, cancer, respiratory disease and stroke have decreased substantially during the past year -- by a combined total which nearly equals the recorded cause of death due to the China virus.

That is quite a coincidence.

Last edited:

Witch Hunt

I'm not certain whether this has already been stated elsewhere here, but a Johns Hopkins researcher noted that recorded causes of death due to heart disease, cancer, respiratory disease and stroke have decreased substantially during the past year -- by a combined total which nearly equals the recorded cause of death due to the China virus.

That is quite a coincidence.

I asked the question earlier, "Has anyone died from old age since January 1st?"

Got no answer.

start at edge

I asked the question earlier, "Has anyone died from old age since January 1st?"

Got no answer.
You’re perfectly right and there certainly is a strong point you’re making.
I tracked this thread back … not to the beginning of it, but to the point where you previously asked this question, so, even if the question was not addressed to me, I will answer with what I think about the issue:
Of course there were people who died since January 1st and NOT of covid19 but because of old age. In fact, nobody died of covid19, as the cause of death can not be directly the virus – lung failure is what causes death. People who die of cirrhosis, do not die directly because of it, but because of liver failure caused by cirrhosis.
Subsequently, if someone has a weak immune system or other weak organs with problems, to some certain extent, it is more likely to get taken out, not only by covid19, but by any other disease that otherwise could be defeated by those organs being able to backup (as they are healthy organs).
I’ve said (wrote) it before – in previous years, there were more people taken out by the regular flu than there were this year by covid19. I personally know people who had this regular flu some years ago and who got the covid19 this year – they all are thankful and they all admit that if they would have been hit by the flu (instead of covid19) they would have died for sure. So, covid19 is not more dangerous and aggressive than the flu, it is only much more infectious, as it spreads much faster.
I myself asked a question without getting any answer (on a different thread) – since the appearance of covid19, has ANYONE got the flu and then covid19 (or the other way – first covid19 and then the flu) ??? … I personally did not hear about any such situation, not even one.
So, to strengthen your point – it is obvious that there is a huge manipulation about covid19. I consider myself lucky for being among those who are able to see and realize this.
There is also something else that to me seems very interesting – as we speak (December 2020), there still are a lot of infection cases all over the world – but there are no more deaths (well, people keep dying, but the rate is insignificant – much less than it would be if they would have had the regular flu).
I think that if we wait for a few more months, the entire population of the earth will have been hit by covid19 and in such case a vaccine would be almost useless, as we all will have natural immunity already developed, each of us in his (her) own body.

Witch Hunt

You’re perfectly right and there certainly is a strong point you’re making.
I tracked this thread back … not to the beginning of it, but to the point where you previously asked this question, so, even if the question was not addressed to me, I will answer with what I think about the issue:
Of course there were people who died since January 1st and NOT of covid19 but because of old age. In fact, nobody died of covid19, as the cause of death can not be directly the virus – lung failure is what causes death. People who die of cirrhosis, do not die directly because of it, but because of liver failure caused by cirrhosis.
Subsequently, if someone has a weak immune system or other weak organs with problems, to some certain extent, it is more likely to get taken out, not only by covid19, but by any other disease that otherwise could be defeated by those organs being able to backup (as they are healthy organs).
That's my point, the sickly and the elderly! The very same demographic that is hit hard by the ordinary flu. People are being whipped up into a frenzy with this whole pandemic
Another question I used to ask is, "Do hospitals get to monetize Covid deaths?" If so, that would explain a lot.

There is also something else that to me seems very interesting – as we speak (December 2020), there still are a lot of infection cases all over the world – but there are no more deaths (well, people keep dying, but the rate is insignificant – much less than it would be if they would have had the regular flu).
You do not kill a soldier on a battlefield, you wound him.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I remember when this first happened, the CDC stopped keeping track of flu cases and only focused on Covid cases.

And as I've said in a previous post, there was a whistle-blowing nurse who claimed they did in fact get paid for each patient that used a respirator. I'll see if I can find the YouTube video of her story. (hopefully it hasn't been taken down.)