The world to end in 2060, as predicted by Newton

Gatekeeper

The only times gave series thought to the end of the world was during the Y2k scare and watching a documentary about a letter Isaac Netwton wrote over 250 years ago in calculating the end of the world to be in the year 2060. Don't remember how he calculated it at this moment, but think I do some research on it and back to this post later.

Martian

I wouldn't worry too much about the end of this world. There are plenty of others. :cool:

TimeFlipper

The only times gave series thought to the end of the world was during the Y2k scare and watching a documentary about a letter Isaac Netwton wrote over 250 years ago in calculating the end of the world to be in the year 2060. Don't remember how he calculated it at this moment, but think I do some research on it and back to this post later.
He took the geometric angle of the dangle which is invertionally proportional to the square root of Pi over 10 to the power of Amperes Law divided by the 90dgree angle of the of the original dangle :D

TimeFlipper

No.What he was using actually was Absinthe, which was eventually banned in France and the UK in
the 1950s (it has since made its comeback on the supermarket shelves)..The problem was the original recipe for Absinthe was too strong and resulted in temporary blindness if large amounts of it were drunk..

Sigmund Freud came up with a cure for syphillis using a Mercuric compound, which started the saying that sometimes the cure can be just as bad as the illness :D

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

And we have a new date! If we don't die in two days, we have to wait longer this time.

Harte

And we have a new date! If we don't die in two days, we have to wait longer this time.
At least we have something to look forward to.

Harte

TnWatchdog

Harte
Most of us will be pushing daisies by then. Personally...I'll be but dust in the wind. Oh well, earth the big blue recycling center, out with the old and in with the new.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Harte

We have more hope that we won't have to pay bills anymore? LOL.